UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 first topic - Films

+16
Blanc Dylan
JOSSE Gabriel
gregory GABILLARD
Chloé Demeersseman
Alexandre Roux
Clément Maurin
baptiste hernandez
Manon BIHIN
Alexis Demarville
tony.pacca
amandine.tallet
Samuel Bosquet
Anthony clerton
Merceron Nicole
Lou Jussaume
Admin
20 posters

Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty Semester 2 first topic - Films

Post by Admin Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:15 pm

Write 25 to 50 words about a film that has made an impression on you.

reply to this post.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty Re: Semester 2 first topic - Films

Post by Lou Jussaume Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:45 pm

The Help - La couleur des sentiments
A striking extract.
60s, the segregation in the United States. A journalist writes the stories of black servants, tongues loosen. One, after being kicked out, takes revenge, she returned with a pie. The racist wife loves, eats more shares, asked the ingredients… She seriously replies, "my shit" and runs. Present at that time, the grandmother who loved her old maid, bursts out laughing, proud.
Few maids had the rabies to fight, so, this book, their stories, their words, their memories, their lives were their voices.

Lou Jussaume

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty Gladiator

Post by Merceron Nicole Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Maximus is a powerful Roman general, loved by the people and the aging Emperor. Before his death, the Emperor chooses Maximus to be his heir over his own son, and a power struggle leaves Maximus and his family condemned to death. The powerful general is unable to save his family, and his loss of will allows him to get captured and put into the Gladiator games until he dies. The only desire that fuels him now is the chance to rise to the top so that he will be able to look into the eyes of the man who will feel his revenge.
“Gladiator” is the best of films because it does vividly and convincingly portray some important general truths. Many people find the movie offensively violent, bloody, and gory. Unfortunately, life in the ancient world in general was much more violent and gruesomely bloody than life in modern industrial democracies.

Merceron Nicole

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty Pearl Harbor

Post by Anthony clerton Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:43 pm

Pearl Harbor is a film melant romantic story , history and war.
Friends since childhood, Rafe McCawley and Danny Walker are two brilliant drivers of the US Air Force . World War II began, but the United States have not yet committed hostilities . Rafe soon succumbs to the charm of Evelyn Johnson, a young nurse . It's love at first sight. But it leaves to fight alongside the British . Evelyn and Danny are , in turn , transferred to the US base at Pearl Harbor.

The peaceful existence of these two young people flip when they learn the death of Rafe . Evelyn sharing her grief with Danny and a love born of their confidences . Rafe is yet alive . In this day of December 7, 1941 , the reunion and explanations will have to be postponed to later : at the same time , nearly 200 Japanese bombers arise in the Hawaiian sky for a surprise attack.

Anthony clerton

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty Rush

Post by Samuel Bosquet Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:21 pm

Rush is a biopic which tells the story of the rivalry between Niki Lauda and James Hunt, two great formula 1 drivers in the 1970s. The movie particularly shows their fight in the 1976 season, when Niki Lauda was a victim of a terrible car crash.

Samuel Bosquet

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty The Fault in our Stars

Post by amandine.tallet Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:35 pm

The film that touched me the most is The Fault in our Stars. It's the story of two teenagers Hazel and Augustus, who meet and fall in love at a cancer support group. Hazel dreams before dying to go to Amsterdam to visit her favorite author. They begin a long journey. Hazel succeed to see him. But Augustus died shortly after. It's a beautiful love story which end tragically.

amandine.tallet

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty Django Unchained

Post by tony.pacca Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:23 pm

I chose this film because to my mind , Django is the best film all the time. Tarantino is the director of this western film. The film takes place in texas.
What I love in this film is the evolution of the main character, Django . Django is a slave who will cross the road of Dr. Schultz. Both they Journey Texas as a profession with bounty hunter. They kill many robber on their way .
This is a action western film with a touch of humor.

A film add to your collection if you haven't see.
tony.pacca
tony.pacca

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty Star Wars

Post by Alexis Demarville Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:09 pm

Tu tu lu tu ! Tu tu lu ! ... lol! Star Wars has the both music which are most frequently in my mind ! I watched every Star Wars during the holidays. Now in my head music of Star Wars I have alien . The first music is when the film begin. The second is when there are dark people like Darf Vador.
I didn't realy like Star Wars but when you see one of the films you want to see all the others (it's what it did on me).

Alexis Demarville

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty Marvel's the Avengers

Post by Manon BIHIN Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:45 pm

I talk about of Avenger !!
This is a fantastic story with humoristic !! This is american super heroes movie.
Heroes are ironman, thor, captain america, hulk,the black widow, sharp eye and Loki the thor's brother and the villain !
Original title is Marvel's the Avengers and during 142 minutes.
In film, the director of SHIELD recruiting group of heroes in order to prevent Loki to invade the earth. Loki is under the control of leader extraterreste who want the Tessaract , a cosmic cubic. Loki will be able to invate the world in exchange of Tesseract.
At the end, the super-heroes are winner , the comsic portal in the sky closing. Thor bring Loki at the prison of Asgard.

Manon BIHIN

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty The lord of the ring

Post by baptiste hernandez Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:55 pm

Hello, i'am Talking about the lord of the ring today.
it's a film series consisting of three high fantasy adventure films directed by Peter Jackson. Set in the fictional world of Middle-earth, the films follow the hobbit Frodo Baggins as he and a Fellowship embark on a quest to destroy the One Ring, and thus ensure the destruction of its maker, the Dark Lord Sauron Twisted Evil

baptiste hernandez

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty Taken

Post by Clément Maurin Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:30 pm

Hi !

I would like to share a film that I enjoy a lot, which is called Taken. There are already 3 films, realized by Pierre Morel since 2008. It's a very good French thriller starring the famous actor Liam Neeson. He plays a former secret agent, and tries to find her daughter Kim who has been kidnapped while she was in Paris with a friend. But it is no going to be easy for him, he has fo face an Albanian mafia group specialized in selling
young girls for money.

It's a very good film, you should watch it if you haven't seen it !

Clément Maurin

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty Babylon AD

Post by Alexandre Roux Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:40 pm

My favorite movie is called babylon AD, because it is a good French science fiction film speaking about a world ravaged by the war and where Vin Diesel will have to take a girl in New York to deliver her to a very rich sect. But it is especially my favorite movie because Vin Diesel is my actor favorites.

Alexandre Roux

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain

Post by Chloé Demeersseman Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:06 pm

I chose to talk about the film "Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain" because this a film that I saw as a child and that I rediscovered it recently.
When I watched this movie I really like going back to childhood, where everything is possible, where evil can be punished and good distributed.
I think that this film combines so well the reality, fiction, innocence and chance doubting that it becomes almost disturbing. Indeed, because of the verisimilitude of the people, places, some scenes, we could almost imagine in this "tableau". Nevertheless, this world remains childish and surreal. It is therefore shared between reality and dream.

Chloé Demeersseman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:41 am

amandine.tallet wrote:The film that touched me the most is The Fault in our Stars. It's the story of two teenagers Hazel and Augustus, who meet and fall in love at a cancer support group. Hazel dreams before dying to go to Amsterdam to visit her favorite author. They begin a long journey. Hazel succeed to see him. But Augustus died shortly after.  It's a beautiful love story which end tragically.

sounds too sad for me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:43 am

tony.pacca wrote:I chose this film because to my  mind , Django is the best film all the time.  Tarantino is the director of this western film.  The film  takes place in texas.
What I love in this film is the evolution of the main character, Django . Django is a slave who will cross the road of Dr. Schultz.  Both they Journey Texas as a profession with bounty hunter. They kill many robber  on their way .
This is a action western film with a touch of humor.

A film add to your collection if you haven't see.

I watched Hateful 8 last night. Tarantino's latest. Good film but a little slow for the first hour.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty The films is "the scorpion king" tom 1

Post by gregory GABILLARD Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:14 am

The Scorpion King is a film that I love, the film tells the small tribes that can not protect a king who sow misery and death everywhere he goes. that is why a small tribe called assassin has a family to PROTECT ....
I let you discover later.

gregory GABILLARD

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty Million Dollar Baby

Post by JOSSE Gabriel Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:36 pm

It's an American movie about a girl (Maggie) wants to become a good boxer.
She comes in a little club and Frankie (Clint Eastwood) accepts to train her.
We see their career with fights victories.
But one day, Maggie fight to gain a title. And this fight turn to the nightmare.
After the First round, after bell ring, her opponent assent a kick behind her head and her neck break.
After that, she becomes quadriplegic.
She will never fight again. And she lost her way of life.
She convinces Frankie to help her to die, and in illegality, he practice euthanasia to her.

It's a very good movie, very touching, with a hanging story.

Semester 2 first topic - Films Med_2810

JOSSE Gabriel

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty The Clint Eastwood movies.

Post by Blanc Dylan Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:45 pm

i don't have really a favorite film. However, the actor and producer Clint Eastwood seems to be the one who makes the movies that i prefere. As Gran Torino or Million dollar baby for example. Also I love all the films of the Production marvel because I'm a big kid and we all dream of having superpowers.

Blanc Dylan

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty Fight Club

Post by Ilona Pradier Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:35 pm

Fight Club is a story of a man who finds monotone and boring his job and his life in general, so much that he becomes insomniac. One day he meets Tyler Durden, an anti conformist character. They decided together to create a fight club which allows members to evacuate their malaise through violence. Tyler will become his "life's mentor".

This movie is a slap. It makes us realize how much our society is materialistic and made me think a lot.

If you have not seen it yet, I'm not telling the end, but it's the best denouement ever Laughing

Last edited by Ilona Pradier on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ilona Pradier

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty View from a blue moon

Post by Mael Zientek Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:45 pm

The film who makes impression on me is called view from a blue moon it's a beautifull about the ocean the surf this film is wonderfull ...

Mael Zientek

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty " The 100 "

Post by Maxime PENAUD Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:11 pm

hello, and sorry for the delay haha!

We must talk about a movie? So I'll tell you about a series that I look right now. This series is called "The 100" .I am not going to tell you but I suggest you watch it. Cool

Maxime PENAUD

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 first topic - Films Empty she's the man

Post by Anna CLERAC Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:08 pm

the film "she's the man" tells the story in which a girl becomes a boy and enters a university and football practice impersonating his twin brother to show that there are no differences between men and the women.

Anna CLERAC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum