UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topic for medium students ;)

+4
Anaël Maublanc
Admin
marinealbertpieri
Marjorie Braud
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Topic for medium students ;) Empty Topic for medium students ;)

Post by Marjorie Braud Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:13 am

Hy guys! Here it's just for medium students in english like me! So, what do you want to talk about?

Marjorie Braud

Back to top Go down

Topic for medium students ;) Empty Re: Topic for medium students ;)

Post by marinealbertpieri Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:27 am

Hi Marjorie, what a welcoming Topic !! I can't stand people of InterPals Evil or Very Mad

I wish to talk about society vision of animal protection and vegetarianism, because yesterday in Japan class room, there is a little clash between Laure and the other part of the classe, when she defended wales against Japanese overfishing some people had exaggerated and even backward reactions like "in case there is nothing more we eat". it really shocked me! what do you think ?

marinealbertpieri

Back to top Go down

Post by Marjorie Braud Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:50 pm

Yes, I agree with you ! During my class of spanish, I did a presentation of the 350 wales washes up in Chile because the water was contaminated. It's horrible. Humans destroy all they tuch. We must to be more en harmony with mother nature flower

Marjorie Braud

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:04 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaël Maublanc Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:14 pm

Thanks Marjorie !! I prefer talk here with you than unknown...

As I said in spanish class, I haven't a special animal I would like to defend because for me, every animal has to be protected against humans. Btw the must important issue is how they kill animal... some society kills shark only to save fins ! And after it they throw shark which are still alive on the sea. This action is horrible and barbaric

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

Post by marinealbertpieri Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:55 pm

John your video are really interesting !
if i understand everything eat wales is not a tradition but a way to eat animals proteins after IIWW ?

marinealbertpieri

Back to top Go down

Post by marinealbertpieri Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:45 am

maybe we need someone against to make debate interesting

marinealbertpieri

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:13 am

marinealbertpieri wrote:maybe we need someone against to make debate interesting

Everything that I've read seems to say that even the Japanese are no longer interested in whaling for food. It was a necessity after the war when the country had been decimated and the people needed food but not now that they are affluent. The whaling they do now is more a protest against the rest of the world trying to tell them what to do when they are a free and independant country. It's a bit like the French wanting to keep the circumflex!!

What right do you have to question what the Japanese do?

Why are you defending whales when many animals are raised and slaughtered for food in your own country? Or even worse when domestic animals are so badly mistreated close to where you live? Or worse again when children (and other humans) are harmed within kilometres of your own front door?

If you want me to oppose your idea I could suggest that man needs meat to eat a balanced and healthy diet. Or that cows, pigs, chickens etc... are just commodities that we create for our consumption. Or that you're not complaining about us eating vegetables yet maybe they have feelings too - a number of studies have shown that vegetables feel pain!

Is that enough for you to debate for now?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieLhommede Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:07 am

I agree with you anael' it is the same thing with the éléphants kept for their tusk. Maybe, Kept dangerous and Wild animals it is a way for man to proove himself his strenght. A selfish action.

JulieLhommede

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Raynaud Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:11 am

Hi everybody,

I agree to the fact that intensive raising of animals is a problem because of all the scandals we hear about it, we don't need all that food in our rich countries, it would be nice to just have enough food to live or making a better distribution...

But we are living now in a liberal economy with an economic goal... It's sure there is an ethical problematic but we've got to stop it to the source. It means doing things to create a real parallel economy.

Jordan Raynaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:15 am

Jordan Raynaud wrote:Hi everybody,

I agree to the fact that intensive raising of animals is a problem because of all the scandals we hear about it, we don't need all that food in our rich countries, it would be nice to just have enough food to live or making a better distribution...

But we are living now in a liberal economy with an economic goal... It's sure there is an ethical problematic but we've got to stop it to the source. It means doing things to create a real parallel economy.

A post from Jordan is nearly as rare as a white rhino. Laughing

Hi Jordan.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:17 am

JulieLhommede wrote:I agree with you anael' it is the same thing with the éléphants kept for their tusk. Maybe, Kept dangerous and Wild animals it is a way for man to proove himself his strenght. A selfish action.

Evolution - survival of the fittest. Elephants and lions and wild animals have very little place in the modern world.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marjorie Braud Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:31 am

Yes, i don't blame the Japanese but the humanity in general. For me, we must to adopt a consumption more responsable. We eat meat since prehistory but now, we "product" animals just to eat them. It's not natural to make that. We can't treat animals like that, like just products. When I see how they are breeds (Not in all cases of course), i'm shocked. We must remember that we are also animals...

Marjorie Braud

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:58 am

Marjorie Braud wrote:Yes, i don't blame the Japanese but the humanity in general. For me, we must to adopt a consumption more responsable. We eat meat since prehistory but now, we "product" animals just to eat them. It's not natural to make that. We can't treat animals like that, like just products. When I see how they are breeds (Not in all cases of course), i'm shocked. We must remember that we are also animals...  

but we're the number 1 animal!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfonzo_Meneses Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:54 pm

Hello Mr Jhon and everybody!

Talking about the animals:

I think this issue related to food, the economy and animals is quite interesting and also is a hot topic because the world has changed, is not a secret the overpopulation in this world that has economic consequences , but mostly I think it is a cultural theme . We all know for example that Western countries do not share the same culinary customs that Asian countries, with this I do not mean that one culture is better than the other , just that we have different habits

The important thing is always denounce what seems inhumane , and the extermination of animals by simple economic pleasure is something we should not support.

Alfonzo_Meneses

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfonzo_Meneses Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:01 pm

I read all the comments and I see with satisfaction that most of us want a better world not only for humans but also for animals that suffering the consequences of our insensitivity

Alfonzo_Meneses

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaël Maublanc Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:56 pm

Admin wrote:but we're the number 1 animal!

Yes John you're right, we are the 1 ! But the difference is we have a consciousness... Humans are the tallest predator and they use it to eat AND especially to make money. Unfortunately it is the main problem in our society.

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:46 am

Anaël Maublanc wrote:
Admin wrote:but we're the number 1 animal!

Yes John you're right, we are the 1 ! But the difference is we have a consciousness... Humans are the tallest predator and they use it to eat AND especially to make money. Unfortunately it is the main problem in our society.

Or we could say that we use it to survive and prosper. albino (that's the closest I could get to a rabbit)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieLhommede Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:47 pm

Hi john,
Yesturday, i read an article on "courrier international", and comes from "sunday time". It reveal that the britannics are confronted with the forced married but they said nothing. Like that they are not xenophobia accused.
In 2014, they were 1276, and 22% had less 17 years old. For me it is really un acceptable.
What do you think about this phenomenon ? Have you already eared that ?

JulieLhommede

Back to top Go down

Post by marinealbertpieri Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:47 pm

JulieLhommede wrote:Hi john,
Yesturday, i read an article on "courrier international", and comes from "sunday time". It reveal that the britannics are confronted with the forced married but they said nothing. Like that they are not xenophobia accused.
In 2014, they were 1276, and 22% had less 17 years old. For me it is really  un acceptable.  
What do you think about this phenomenon ?  Have you already eared that  ?

Hi Julie i don't really understand Embarassed what does you mean by "forced married" it's between the English or the English and Others country people ?

marinealbertpieri

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieLhommede Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:31 pm

It is beetween 2 familles Who organize a married for their child but it is not to love only for their situation or statut

JulieLhommede

Back to top Go down

Post by marinealbertpieri Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:47 pm

Oh wow i don't imagine think like that was possible in 2016 !!!

marinealbertpieri

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaël Maublanc Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:37 pm

Yes absolutely, it's difficult to imagine it especially in a Europe country. I don't understand why this phenomenon exists and how families, parents can accept their daughter stays with a man she doesn't love and know. However, I read the forced marriage is become a crime in England since 2014, which engender 7 years of prison.

Moreover, the forced marriage is commonplace in India for example. I think what is it the most serious is to marry young girl who is just 8 years old... Imagine there are 10 millions of arranged marriage around the world by year ! Evil or Very Mad And India counts 40% of forced marriage with children.

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfonzo_Meneses Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Hello People!
About the this issue of forced marriage I Know that the most of forced spouses are women, many of whom are abducted, kidnapped and forced to marry, although there are cases in which the victims are males who are forced to marry to clean the honor of the family woman.

Forced marriages can contribute to place people , especially girls, in a cycle of poverty and vulnerability . Most of these women are exposed to violence , abuse , and forced sex , which means that younger are at greater risk of being dominated by their husbands. They can also get to experience a poor sexual and reproductive lives. Young women forced into marriage are more likely to contract HIV and your overall health could be in danger. I DON'T AGREE WITH THAT I mean with this kind of practices!

Alfonzo_Meneses

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfonzo_Meneses Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:50 pm

About the origin of forced marriage , I read that the practice of forced marriage was widespread among European upper classes until 1900 and still takes place in South Asia , Middle East and Africa. Immigrants from these geographical areas continue to put such marriages into practice in their communities established in Western Europe and North America , despite being against the laws of civil marriage in these countries , where they work for the respect of the will from each person.

Alfonzo_Meneses

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next