Topic for medium students ;)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Topic for medium students ;)

Post by Alfonzo_Meneses on Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:57 pm

Regarding Latin America , I think that is not a common practice , such things do not happen commonly, perhaps in certain indegineus communities in Amazon there is a type of arranged marriage that is not the same as a forced marriage

Alfonzo_Meneses

Posts : 29
Join date : 2015-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic for medium students ;)

Post by Admin on Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:00 pm

It's much more along the lines of tradition than law isn't it?

When I looked into it a while ago I was surprised to find that many African countries had 21 as the legal marriage age and England were one of the lowest at 18 but with the possibility of marriage at 16 with parental consent.

Whilst I believe that people should wait to get married I find it ludicrous that most countries have a law where you can have sex many years before you can legally get married.

This is the case in France isn't it? I was told that legally you could have sex at 15 years and 3 months but you can't get married until you are 18. Don't you think that this is wrong?
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2596
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic for medium students ;)

Post by Alfonzo_Meneses on Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:03 pm

In Latin America I know that this kind of practice is not A common practice in our society, however in some indigenous communities in Amazonas, perhaps there is a type of arranged marriage would not be the same as a forced marriage

Alfonzo_Meneses

Posts : 29
Join date : 2015-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic for medium students ;)

Post by Alfonzo_Meneses on Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi Jhon,
About your question John, I understand your concern, personally I think many people even being very young they begin a sexual life long before thinking about marriage and as required by law, I mean from 18 years. However, I think it's something as deeply rooted in our societies, and no matter what kind of society or country, I think about this, there are many similarities from Asia Africa and Middle East to Europe America and Oceania

Alfonzo_Meneses

Posts : 29
Join date : 2015-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic for medium students ;)

Post by Anaël Maublanc on Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:55 pm

John wrote:It's much more along the lines of tradition than law isn't it?

When I looked into it a while ago I was surprised to find that many African countries had 21 as the legal marriage age and England were one of the lowest at 18 but with the possibility of marriage at 16 with parental consent.

Whilst I believe that people should wait to get married I find it ludicrous that most countries have a law where you can have sex many years before you can legally get married.

This is the case in France isn't it? I was told that legally you could have sex at 15 years and 3 months but you can't get married until you are 18. Don't you think that this is wrong?

In France, law authorizes sexual relation between young person who is more than 15 years and adult. Nevertheless, I haven't heard legally you could practise sex at 15 years and 3 months, maybe it is link with the sexual relation between teenager and adult

Anaël Maublanc

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic for medium students ;)

Post by Anaël Maublanc on Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:59 pm

Alfonzo wrote:In Latin America I know that this kind of practice is not A common practice in our society, however in some indigenous communities in Amazonas, perhaps there is a type of arranged marriage would not be the same as a forced marriage

You said "it's not a common practice" but is it due to the religion which is present there ?

Anaël Maublanc

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic for medium students ;)

Post by Naima Sais on Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:54 am

JulieLhommede wrote:It is beetween 2 familles Who organize a married for their child but it is not to love only for their situation or statut
Yes unfortunately it sill happend. And I saw it in India because there are a lot of différences of status.

Naima Sais

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic for medium students ;)

Post by Anaël Maublanc on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:33 pm

Naïma wrote:Yes unfortunately it sill happend. And I saw it in India because there are a lot of différences of status.

Maybe it's because of the minority of women there. In fact, I read there are 914 girls for 1000 boys :/ and the common ratio is 105 girls for 100 boys

Anaël Maublanc

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic for medium students ;)

Post by Admin on Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:32 am

Anaël Maublanc wrote:
Naïma wrote:Yes unfortunately it sill happend. And I saw it in India because there are a lot of différences of status.

Maybe it's because of the minority of women there. In fact, I read there are 914 girls for 1000 boys :/ and the common ratio is 105 girls for 100 boys

I don't think that's an excuse for Male-powered domination tactics. Also backward rural traditionalism
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2596
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic for medium students ;)

Post by Anaël Maublanc on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:42 pm

John wrote:I don't think that's an excuse for Male-powered domination tactics. Also backward rural traditionalism

Yes it's not an excuse but unfortunately I think it's a reason which impacts on the forced marriage Sad

Anaël Maublanc

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic for medium students ;)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum