You are all gamers and I know it !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Salvatore VENNETTILLI on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi people ! We've been talking about lots of things here but never about video games. And even though you might think, weither you're a woman or a man, that you are not a gamer, This isn't true ! You all play and have played games.
Well I play lots of games, competitives games, blockbusters, pc indie games you've never heard of, but only a very few mobile and facebook games. And i suppose that you've played these games more then i did.
So I would like to know why do you play these games, what are the games you've played or you play at the moment Smile

And finally, we could talk about the games we played in the past, why did you play them, in what context, were they gifts or did you buy them yourself, whatever you want i'm really interested in knowing more about you ! And we could link marketing and video games, there is a ton of thing to say about it, marketers in the indsutrie are really creatives !

Salvatore VENNETTILLI

Posts : 42
Join date : 2015-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Admin on Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:55 pm

I've always liked video games. When I was young there were no personal computers or games machines but I used to play in the arcades. I remember space Invaders was the first and then the games quickly evolved. I remember having blisters on the palms of my hands from playing so much and in those days good players attracted crowds of watchers around the machines. That was my first taste of being a "hero". Laughing

After that the first small personal computers came out and game machines like "pong" a table tennis game. My children have had every games console but I preferred the sony like myself.

As for PC games I particularly like simulations, strategy and some RPG - Not so much FPS as my son could beat me when he was about 3. My two favourite games at the moment are Civ5 and Europa universalis4.

Facebook games are pretty dumb.

That's enough from me...
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2426
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Salvatore VENNETTILLI on Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:27 pm

Yeah i don't play this Facebook games too, because i know how they work. This Freemium model is just not what i'm looking for in a video game Smile I like great adventures, RPG are my favorites ! The Withcer 3, which was released in may 2015, is pretty awesome and really mature compare to other games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt_65k-gv1U

But my favorite saga so far is Final Fantasy ! i've played pretty much all the games. The 15th is coming out this year, they'll announce the release date on march 31st at 4am (so i'll stay up all night to watch this like i do every year with the E3 event in Los Angeles !)

And if you want to play all these old games, just get this : http://www.romstation.fr/accueil
It's a free and safe emulator, so you can play Pong and space invaders wihtout having to pay for it !! Like in the old time but with ilimited credits Smile You should talk with Alexandre Lassere he loves those strategic games, he plays Civ5 at the moment i think.

Salvatore VENNETTILLI

Posts : 42
Join date : 2015-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Admin on Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Salvatore VENNETTILLI wrote:Yeah i don't play this Facebook games too, because i know how they work. This Freemium model is just not what i'm looking for in a video game Smile I like great adventures, RPG are my favorites ! The Withcer 3, which was released in may 2015, is pretty awesome and really mature compare to other games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt_65k-gv1U

But my favorite saga so far is Final Fantasy ! i've played pretty much all the games. The 15th is coming out this year, they'll announce the release date on march 31st at 4am (so i'll stay up all night to watch this like i do every year with the E3 event in Los Angeles !)

And if you want to play all these old games, just get this : http://www.romstation.fr/accueil
It's a free and safe emulator, so you can play Pong and space invaders wihtout having to pay for it !! Like in the old time but with ilimited credits Smile You should talk with Alexandre Lassere he loves those strategic games, he plays Civ5 at the moment i think.

I played FF back in the day but I prefer rpg like baldur's gate or the online ones like LOTR. I also played WOW when it first came out as I had played and really enjoyed all the previous Warcraft trilogy.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2426
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Salvatore VENNETTILLI on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:09 pm

these RPGs are more western RPG so i understand you would prefer them Smile FF is the japanese RPG style, and you have to like the japanese culture a little bit to appreciate their mechanics, the fact that there's a lot of useless talking to end up fighting a giant dragon with 3 normals humans who somehow know how to summon even bigger monsters !
But i like this style ^^ i started with Final fantasy 12 which has stayed my favorite after all these the years. The political side and issues that are in the game really touched me, and the universe, that reminded me of those fantastic movies like Lord of the Ring.
here's a trailer that might remind you something : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMWEjWCwjzM
And here's the link to what FF XV is gonna look : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO7nyrNBFXA

Salvatore VENNETTILLI

Posts : 42
Join date : 2015-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Alex Lasserre on Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:23 pm

Admin wrote:I've always liked video games. When I was young there were no personal computers or games machines but I used to play in the arcades. I remember space Invaders was the first and then the games quickly evolved. I remember having blisters on the palms of my hands from playing so much and in those days good players attracted crowds of watchers around the machines. That was my first taste of being a "hero". Laughing

After that the first small personal computers came out and game machines like "pong" a table tennis game. My children have had every games console but I preferred the sony like myself.

As for PC games I particularly like simulations, strategy and some RPG - Not so much FPS as my son could beat me when he was about 3. My two favourite games at the moment are Civ5  and Europa universalis4.

Facebook games are pretty dumb.

That's enough from me...

You're playing Civ5 & EU4 these game are cool, I have them on my own computer, and I really like strategy game. I'm also playing Crusader Kings 2 with a Game of Thrones mode, it's so cool ^^

Otherwise, I'm playing a lot of sports game whether it's management like Football manager or playing the actual games like on Fifa. I also like adventure style, for instance with the Assassin's Creed serie. I also like management/Gestion game like Game Dev Tycoon or Empire Tv Tycoon Smile
avatar
Alex Lasserre

Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Admin on Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:29 pm

I don't tend to be on Steam too much as I'm very anti-social but my steam tag is Batmancox if you want to add me.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2426
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Salvatore VENNETTILLI on Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:45 pm

Admin wrote:I don't tend to be on Steam too much as I'm very anti-social but my steam tag is Batmancox if you want to add me.

Well, the thing with Steam is that it's really social oriented. i mean, everything in it (steam geernlight, the forum, the mods...) is meant to integrate you in a community. But i've never participate to anything in Steam but i still like the app. The sales are great (just on time, once you've bought all these games at 2euros you don't buy the rest unless you have a hell of a PC that can run the latest games), you access your games easily and you can manage the mods you want to had to your gamles pretty easily too.
And if you are "social" you have all you need to participate to a community and make friends online.
Besides that it's the biggest DRM on earth, if they want to close the servers we'll be all fucked !

Salvatore VENNETTILLI

Posts : 42
Join date : 2015-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Salvatore VENNETTILLI on Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:52 pm

And the last thing i want to add about steam is all the indipendant games you can find on it. I was not too much into that kind of game, but i tried them with the playstation plus subscription on PS4 and now i bought (during the sales) somes indie games, the most famous of them just to be sure i was not playing something "too indie". And it's great to discover how game designer think a video game when they are not in a big company with dead lines, crazy budget, a marketing campaign etc.
I also follow Gamekult, a french website that hired some specialist of that side of the industrie and their website is great, they give the classic news of the industrie, but also try to inform on these less known games that are sometimes better than the AAA production.

Salvatore VENNETTILLI

Posts : 42
Join date : 2015-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Anaël Maublanc on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:11 pm

Salvatore wrote:So I would like to know why do you play these games, what are the games you've played or you play at the moment Smile

And finally, we could talk about the games we played in the past, why did you play them, in what context, were they gifts or did you buy them yourself, whatever you want i'm really interested in knowing more about you ! And we could link marketing and video games, there is a ton of thing to say about it, marketers in the indsutrie are really creatives !

Ahaha yes you're right woman can be a gamer !! In the past I played alot to video games, it was especially platform games on the PS1/PS2 such as Crash Bandicoot Laughing I was absolutely addict to it !!! And on my computer I played to The Sims when I was in middle school. Also I watched my sister played to Final Fantasy but I've never tried it. And another famous games I played was Driver, it was my first game I bought with my pocket money, I was 10 years I think.

I used to play to video games because my sister and my father played alot alot alot and when I was a child, I always looked at them ^^

Moreover, I had a color gameboy where I played to Zelda and Pokémon ^^. Actually, I haven't really time to play, sometimes I go to Clash of Clan on my phone.

Anaël Maublanc

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Admin on Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Anaël Maublanc wrote:
Salvatore wrote:So I would like to know why do you play these games, what are the games you've played or you play at the moment Smile

And finally, we could talk about the games we played in the past, why did you play them, in what context, were they gifts or did you buy them yourself, whatever you want i'm really interested in knowing more about you ! And we could link marketing and video games, there is a ton of thing to say about it, marketers in the indsutrie are really creatives !

Ahaha yes you're right woman can be a gamer !! In the past I played alot to video games, it was especially platform games on the PS1/PS2 such as Crash Bandicoot Laughing I was absolutely addict to it !!! And on my computer I played to The Sims when I was in middle school. Also I watched my sister played to Final Fantasy but I've never tried it. And another famous games I played was Driver, it was my first game I bought with my pocket money, I was 10 years I think.

I used to play to video games because my sister and my father played alot alot alot and when I was a child, I always looked at them ^^

Moreover, I had a color gameboy where I played to Zelda and Pokémon ^^. Actually, I haven't really time to play, sometimes I go to Clash of Clan on my phone.

Crash Bandicoot was fun.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2426
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Anaël Maublanc on Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:12 pm

Yes that's why I've played to this game from time to time on my computer but I've lost this application, maybe Salvatore knows which is its name ?? It's a website where we can find old video games and download them directly on computer

Anaël Maublanc

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Alex Lasserre on Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:45 pm

Admin wrote:I don't tend to be on Steam too much as I'm very anti-social but my steam tag is Batmancox if you want to add me.

I'm not really using the social part of steam either but I added you anyway Razz Besides, I agree with Sal' when he says that you can find great indies games on steam and their sales are very interesting Very Happy

And Anael, I think the website you talking about is RomStation if I'm not mistaken ^^
avatar
Alex Lasserre

Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Salvatore VENNETTILLI on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:57 pm

Anaël Maublanc wrote:
Salvatore wrote:So I would like to know why do you play these games, what are the games you've played or you play at the moment Smile

And finally, we could talk about the games we played in the past, why did you play them, in what context, were they gifts or did you buy them yourself, whatever you want i'm really interested in knowing more about you ! And we could link marketing and video games, there is a ton of thing to say about it, marketers in the indsutrie are really creatives !

Ahaha yes you're right woman can be a gamer !! In the past I played alot to video games, it was especially platform games on the PS1/PS2 such as Crash Bandicoot Laughing I was absolutely addict to it !!! And on my computer I played to The Sims when I was in middle school. Also I watched my sister played to Final Fantasy but I've never tried it. And another famous games I played was Driver, it was my first game I bought with my pocket money, I was 10 years I think.

I used to play to video games because my sister and my father played alot alot alot and when I was a child, I always looked at them ^^

Moreover, I had a color gameboy where I played to Zelda and Pokémon ^^. Actually, I haven't really time to play, sometimes I go to Clash of Clan on my phone.

Oh god Pokemon on gameboy ! That's so far away from now... But it was a hell of a good time ! Catching these creatures, take care of them, make them evolve (and be a FUCKIN HUNTER CAUSE YOU PUT ANIMALS IN BALLS ! ). I've played thousands of hours almost all pokémon games, even one of the latest 2 years ago Wink
Zelda is one of my favorite series of all time. They remade the games on 3DS, Ocarina of Time and gis following, Majora's Mask. I was really scared by the second one because of the dark fantasy universe. And it was really ward for me when i was younger. So when i finished the enhanced version 2-3 years ago i was so proud of myself. I had defeated my fear of the Majora's Mask and unlocked the Fairy transformation of Link (that turns you into a freakin invicible warrior that creatures typhoon at every hit ! )
Oh god my childhood... So many thing i can't remeber because of my accident but what i remenber is awesome ^^

Salvatore VENNETTILLI

Posts : 42
Join date : 2015-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by AlexiaChambinaud on Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:08 pm

Anaël Maublanc wrote:Ahaha yes you're right woman can be a gamer !! In the past I played alot to video games, it was especially platform games on the PS1/PS2 such as Crash Bandicoot Laughing I was absolutely addict to it !!! And on my computer I played to The Sims when I was in middle school.

Moreover, I had a color gameboy where I played to Zelda and Pokémon ^^. Actually, I haven't really time to play, sometimes I go to Clash of Clan on my phone.


I also played in crash bandicoot playstation 1, this is a SUPER GAME, I love this game I could never finish because of a bug Mad


Aahahha, In fact, we played exactly the same game, Anaël, I Played Sims loved to build houses. Zelda played in Game Boy Color, what game!

Clash Clan is a good game but it's long and you never really finished


AlexiaChambinaud

Posts : 21
Join date : 2015-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by AlexiaChambinaud on Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:19 pm

Today, I play at Just Dance on Wii, I like this game because it allows to exert yourself.

Moreover, I started playing Dofus on computer, It's nice, you can play with friends. Very Happy

AlexiaChambinaud

Posts : 21
Join date : 2015-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Anaël Maublanc on Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:23 pm

Alexia wrote:I also played in crash bandicoot playstation 1, this is a SUPER GAME, I love this game I could never finish because of a bug Mad


Aahahha, In fact, we played exactly the same game, Anaël, I Played Sims loved to build houses. Zelda played in Game Boy Color, what game!

Clash Clan is a good game but it's long and you never really finished

Ahahah, maybe we will play next holidays together to Crach Bandicoot #addictgirls

Yes the same, I spent a lot of time to build and decorate rooms, kitchen, floor, wall and so one. Sometimes I cheated because I had the code to get money (50 000$) king queen

Anaël Maublanc

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are all gamers and I know it !

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum