UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th topic - both groups - Terrorism!

+16
Jordan Cantet
WEI DAI
Julien Micard
Charles Sagan
Jean Dufour
Kevin G
Hanane Lemrabott
theo.mouton
Nasser
Tsiry A. Rakotomanana
Nathanaël Boucher
Lilian LIEVRE
Yu wenshun
Pierre Laurend
Suzanne Zhou
Admin
20 posters

Go down

4th topic - both groups - Terrorism! Empty 4th topic - both groups - Terrorism!

Post by Admin Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi everyone.

So the chosen topic was Terrorism. There are many angles you could look at this from. Try to explore the subject and not simply comment how bad the attacks have been!

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

4th topic - both groups - Terrorism! Empty Re: 4th topic - both groups - Terrorism!

Post by Suzanne Zhou Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:46 pm

Terrorism...... Question

It's necessary to admit that nowadays, there were many terrorist acts in the world. Why is the main question. People simply want to express their dissatisfaction against the States or it's just for following silly what make others under the order of a leader whom they don't even know ?
It's maybe people who need a refuge and who the terrorists lavish all the things of which they want to satisfy them. I suppose there is even who wonder why they are there. I think that they have to offer many advantages to be terrorist.

The only way of terrorism to get noticed is the violence and the assistant of the media. Is the violence essential for the terrorists, why they cannot pass by simple appearances ? They are been thought of as wicked and naughty and moreover, they degrade the relations between nations. Are they satisfied to perturb the political systems ? Why they don't want to live in peace and harmony ? People have to understand of what they are doing, at the end it's always the civilians who become the first victims and not the leaders of the governments. I want to say if your targets are not the civilians then don't kill people like that. We have the impression that for them, it's really simple to take a life, the life is dearer and precious.

Suzanne Zhou

Back to top Go down

4th topic - both groups - Terrorism! Empty Re: 4th topic - both groups - Terrorism!

Post by Pierre Laurend Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:57 pm

Hi everyone, terrorism it's a very complicate topic ... When we think about this subject, much anguish and helplessness arise.
If you will be a victim of an attack, what will you do ? What will you can do ? Nothing ... Just run
and prayed, try to save someone but the terrorists are armed and highly trained, it is almost impossible to screeching halt for an average citizen.

We've must to stop that ! But how ?
The problem in its entirety is hard to adjust but we can make some actions to reduce the capacity of terrorism.

First we can attack Daesh on his land ( Action already underway )
Secondly, prevent arms sellers and kill them if it's necessary
Third, for the terrorist which are hidden in the European countries, quit simply stuck them but for them who go in Syria and other countries for a war train or do the war. We must prevent them from returning in Europe.And if they are in Europe, the police officialy or not have must to kill them if they are sure of their allegiance to the Islamic State.
It's not a good thing but we are in a war, who in history has dared to live with his own enemy ?

This action is still dubious and should be applied as a last resort.
Each controlled by people who seem Daesh is someone of unsound mind who is brainwashed, should therefore establish centers dedicated to new "brainwashing" to restore humanity to people who have been abused.
It is also through education and prevention need to act to prevent other humans from falling into the hands of Daesh.

Pierre Laurend

Back to top Go down

Post by Yu wenshun Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:21 pm

I think The opening level of democratic politics is still the main cause of terrorism. Generally, terrorism is mainly distributed in the middle level of democracy country, but not in the high level, even in our country:) After the assassination of Osama bin Laden,and the complex political situation in Syria and the European refugee problem,The anti-terrorism situation is becoming more and more serious.
As far as I know,many countries with terrorism have internal political problems, and then they are intervened by foreign countries. So do we really have to intervene the politics of other countries? I think the evolution of democary of one country is thier own thing, even through a war or a revolt, but only in such a process they can find a right way which they really need. I don't like some western country who stand in the moral high stand to guide the others country. As for religious issues, mutual respect and mutual understanding.Terrorism is a complicated problem.;(

Yu wenshun

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilian LIEVRE Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:35 pm

Hi everybody,

What can I say about terrorism ? It's a large topic and which is present in ours all life nowadays. Maybe it's important to speak about prevention against terrorism especially during the next European Championship in France next summer. Some people thought that it would be better to cancel this event because of the scare of terrorist attack. In my opinion, we must still manage this important sport event despite that.

For sure safety control have to be reinforce especially around stadiums and points where people going to watch games but people have to enjoy this sport event because is such a good opportunity to say to the world " we are stronger than you, fuck*** piece of sh** of terrorist"

Lilian LIEVRE

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathanaël Boucher Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:59 am

Hi everybody !

I think i have the same opinion about terrorism that everyone.
The current situation is dramatic today. The attacks are more and more common.
You must know that Daech combatants are present everywhere in the world. Futhermore, there are combatant who haven’t fear of death; they want to die a martyr.
Moreover, with social networks, Daech wins more and more in popularity.
Jails are radicalization place. We don’t feel in security in our country.

I think that the best thing to do is to fight against radical imam that manipulates young people to make them killing machine.

I think Belgium is more dangerous than France because there is Molenbeek, the “European jihadist factory”.
France is also dangerous now, as every European country that Daech call “crossed”.

Recently, we can notice that terrorism is a family matter: In January for Charlie Hebdo: Kouachi brothers, in November, abdeslam brothers and now in Belgium: el Bakraoui brothers
I think we need controlling and monitoring even more the brothers in S plug.

Then, you need to underline exceptional policy work, they often stop attack in preparation, they defend us against terrorism. They showed their courage during Charlie Hebdo and November attack in France. Thanks to them.

Nathanaël Boucher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsiry A. Rakotomanana Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:03 am

Hi everyone,
If there is one thing with wich i agree with Donald Trump (the crazy guy who want to be US president)is his intention to bomb Isis. I think NATO should bomb Isis heavily until they are annihilated, all training camp and stock weapon must be destroyed, then, Europe should place the refugees in a militarized area in order to control them , because some of the terrorists who made bombings are syrian refugees.

Then, I think that France and United Kingdom should not follow the United States when they go to war in Eastern countries even if they are allies because it incitate terrorist to attack France and UK, the American's war should not become the European's war too.

So these are what i suggest as solution:
-bomb them massively (because they won't resign ,so it's the last solution)
-Control the borders more severely and place refugees in controllable area
-Clean the town or place where there is many radicalized people like Molenbeek in Belgium by jailed all radicalized people

Exceptional situation => Exceptional measures

Tsiry A. Rakotomanana

Back to top Go down

Post by Nasser Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:42 pm

Bataclan, Saint-denis, Sep 11th, musée du bardot, Molenbeek, Boko-haram, Al-Arich,
Bush, Chirac, Poutine, Obama, Sarkozy, Bidden, Clinton, Cameron......
Liban, Afghanistan, India, Irak, Turkey, France, Belgique, Russia, USA, UK, Spain, Pakistan, Ivory coast, Nigeria, Israel,..... Personally, i think there is lot of things we don't know...

Nasser

Back to top Go down

Post by theo.mouton Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:54 pm

All those terrorist attacks in Europe highlight a big problem that has to be solved: the inefficiency of security services. Of course, there are thousands of potential terrorists to watch, but security services underestimated a lot of dangers. The fact that security services don’t cooperate (or don’t cooperate that much), is an important problem in an organization like European Union. Because of that, a lot of information are set aside, some potential terrorists just vanish.

The cooperation between security services needs to be reinforced, and this cooperation started to be efficient with the arrest of Salah Abdeslam. Indeed, French and Belgium security services cooperated in order to arrest him. However, the way is still long, because terrorist attacks are more and more frequent.

Another solution can be to give more power to security services: more money to watch potential terrorists, more men, or more legislative power. However, a lot of people are against this solution, because it means a society where everybody can be spied and it reduces individual’s freedom.

Finally, I would like to talk about the deprivation of nationality (not sure of the translation: “déchéance de nationalité”). I’m glad that this change of the French constitution was stopped by François Hollande, because this measure was one of the stupidest measures we can imagine. It doesn’t change anything in terrorists’ minds: if they want to attack France, they don’t care about losing the nationality. Moreover, it will create stateless persons, which is also dangerous. Finally, a measure like that in the Constitution would have been a dangerous measure, because after that, this measure can be open to other cases.

theo.mouton

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanane Lemrabott Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:56 pm

Tsiry A. Rakotomanana wrote:Hi everyone,
If there is one thing with wich i agree with Donald Trump (the crazy guy who want to be US president)is his intention to bomb Isis.  I think NATO should bomb Isis heavily until they are annihilated, all training camp and stock weapon must be destroyed, then, Europe should place the refugees in a militarized area in order to control them , because some of the terrorists who made bombings are syrian refugees.

Then, I think that France and United Kingdom should not follow the United States when they go to war in Eastern countries even if they are allies because it incitate terrorist to attack France and UK, the American's war should not become the European's war too.

So these are what i suggest as solution:
-bomb them massively (because they won't resign ,so it's the last solution)
-Control the borders more severely and place refugees in controllable area
-Clean the town or place where there is many radicalized people like Molenbeek in Belgium by jailed all radicalized people

Exceptional situation => Exceptional measures
I think it's more complicated than that. You can't just bomb them easily. It's not like they have a country of their own, with no other citizens. They are present in towns with thousands of other people, and it's not easy to just attack them without hurting the population. Concerning the refugees, it's also a difficult subject. Those are people who ran away from war and are searching for a new life. I don't know how it is possible to distinguish between the real refugees and the ones taking advantage of the situation. Terrorism is a very big problem today. The terrorists are getting more and more power and are trying to divide us (and it's working). I don't know what the solution is but I hope things will change soon.

Hanane Lemrabott

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:57 pm

Hi,
Like every body said, it's a complicated subject.
In first, I want to say that is very depressing to see human fall in a hatred circle.

Before, the terrorism consist in focusing mainly on one person. But most recently, since around 1950 the terrorism takes an other form which is more destroyer, as the kamikaze bomber. Terrorism touch all countries, this is why we need to fight against this. This is an new form of war, we can call it "the third world war". But this war is different, because we don't know really either where they will strike nor when they will attack. Moreover, since the opening of the border which accompanied the globalization, as some of us said, the security is naturally reduced.
Rather speack about the origin of the terrorism, I will talk about the solution.
For me we need understand completely what they claim, after that we could act at best.
I think the best solution stay to educate and help the civilisation where the group of terrorism hire their soldier & kamikaze.

Kevin G

Back to top Go down

Post by Jean Dufour Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:50 pm

Simply there is no such thing as a debate when you speak about terrorism. Appart saying "yes it's bad and dangerous" it is pretty hard to say something.
The only way to speak really brilliantly about this is being a sociologist for me.
Maybe the only thing to talk about in this topic is the reaction of the politics about that. When you look at the government's reaction, you can see that nobody's ready about terrorist attack. Their only reaction is to say "let's take off the nationality of the terrorist". It's so stupid and useless that it is difficult to understand.
When you look at the first intervention of François Hollande after the 13th of november, you can see a poor guy who's panicking about the events. One of the first things he says is "end of franch nationality for them". But nobody care, everyone wants to be protected in front of the terrorists and not, knowing that they're not french anymore...
Also, declaring the "Etat d'urgence" dor so long is completely stupid. You can let something like that for like a week because of the emergency of the moment, but not anymore. It's just a way for them to say to the justice "shut up and let me do it".
The problem of the terrorism is the creepy reaction after they act. It's mad to see that people who have power are so crazy when something awfull happen...
Jean Dufour
Jean Dufour

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles Sagan Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:06 pm

Good morning Classmates,

I think it's quite complicated to speak about terrorism, everyone has his point of view about the different decisions taken by the government and the president. But I would like to speak about the next event who is coming next June in France. Yes, the European championship of Football. You know what happen all around the Europe and even more. I know that's terrible but it's not the target of my discussion. I want to focus in the facts happen in Paris during last year and about the future. These attacks ask the question of security in France, and especially about security when there are big event with a lot of people, main target of terrorist. The UEFA and directors of different national federation of football are worry about the well run of the championship. Even more , people tell that "European Championship matches could be played behind closed doors this summer" !!! Imagine, a European Championship without supporter ? What can be the solution ? Have you got any idea or opinion of the situation ?

XXX

Charles Sagan

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Micard Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:54 pm

I think that when you’re talking about terrorism you have to go back in history. After the Arab Spring, the world thought it was a good thing that authoritarian regimes were gone. However, I think it’s been a big failure and that’s why ISIS gained weight, because after that there were no strong political powers. If you take the exemple of Khadafi in Libya, of course he created an authoritarian regime so a popular rebellion was totally normal, but atleast he had enough power to control his country and avoid terrorism. What happened after he died ? Well the country became poorer and fragile, and ISIS as they did in Syria and Iraq enlarged their territory.

What I’m tryng to say is that US failed when they left Afghanistan and Iraq thinking they defeated Al Qaeda so terrorism would dissapear. Terrorism may have disappeared with a strong political power and a strong army in these countries, but not with empty political spaces that can easily be dominated by extremists.
The same thing is happening in Yemen, a civil war is happening and rebels are taking over the power because after Arab Spring there were still mistakes made by the new government. The country has no longer a real political power, it’s a real mess where Al Qaeda rules the country (that’s where Charlie Hebdo’s terrorists Kouachi brothers came from) and now even ISIS is invading the country, it’s a disaster…

And what’s impressive is the reaction of Saudi Arabia who prefers to bomb the rebels (obviously they killed civils) rather than attacking terrorists in the country. Obama said he didn’t want to fight like his country did in Afghanistan because he doesn’t want any soldiers killed anymore, which is perfectly understandable, but we all need to help these countries in danger because they are also one of the main cause of the attacks we receive in Europe.

I know it’s easy to say and maybe naive but I think we can really push back Al Qaeda and ISIS, and the release of Palmyre in Syria for me is a real sign of hope.

Julien Micard

Back to top Go down

Post by WEI DAI Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:05 am

Since ISIS do such horrible things, America, Russia, France and England agree to team up to wipe out jihadis. So four of five strongest permanent member states in UN declared to attack ISIS, people wonder, will china join the war against ISIS?
In my opinion, that’s not going to happen. Of course there are some reasons for us to attack ISIS, like China is one of the permanent member state of UN and the terrorists have executed Chinse hostage, so it has an obligation to do it. But there are few reasons for china not to attack ISIS, at first, ISIS is the legacy of American politics to eastern country, so USA should be responsible for this. Secondly, terrorist organization is located in the Middle East, it’s too far for china to attack it. If it really happens for china to attack ISIS, china will have to sign many agreements with many countries in order to have the aide of the military base. China is not so silly to take a risk of divulging military secrets. Moreover, China holds that force, never a solution, will only complicate the issue. The appearance of ISIS is a result of religion, poverty, human rights problems, so it’s impossible to wipe out ISIS with the force. Lastly, ISIS is now fighting with against the world. It seems ISIS is facing a hopeless situation since fours biggest permanent states of UN team up to wipe out them. What is the motivation behind the terrorist attack? China doubt that someone’s manipulating the whole thing.
In fact, it doesn’t mean that China will not play its role in fighting terrorism. It has been, but in its own ways.

WEI DAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Cantet Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi,
Without minimizing the dramas caused by terrorist attacks, I think we really have to take care to do not fall into paranoia. Yes, terrorism is a new risk we have to live with. But no, that's not a reason to stop our lives.
And this is the point where governments are failing : they use the fear of people to apply politically motivated measures. I am perfectly aware that some measures have to be adopted like a better collaboration between the different secret services. But when I saw the idea to take off the nationality of terrorists, what a disappointment… The only one measure we proposed is inefficient against terrorists but it focused the whole attention. So you understand I’m totally agree with Jean.

I also wanted to come back on another point. The solution of the problem, if there is one, will not come from a simple military success. To kill terrorists is a thing, but to manage to overcome their ideology is another thing. This battle is harder and longer to win.

Ofcourse, it’s easier to point out the problems than to find solutions…

Jordan Cantet

Back to top Go down

Post by CHANG ZHANG Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Terrorist attacks in the Paris just in a few months ago, planning the killer had just caught in Belgium, it haven't a few days in Belgium suffered such a large-scale serial terrorist attacks. Thus also confirmed that the judgment of hao after fear of attack in Paris, the Paris could attack is just the beginning of terrorist attacks in Europe, the European also suffered from more terrorist attacks. So why the terrorist attacks on the last two years to find Europe?

The us-led western creating refugees from north Africa, the Middle East, in order to reveal the humanitarian, western European countries, led by the Germans, opens its arms to the Syrian refugees. Because borders within the eu is not set up checked posts, refugees from Syria to Turkey, again from Turkey to Greece, Greece as a setter directly into Western Europe and northern Europe. Among these people, will be mixed with some extremists and terrorists, after they enter the western European countries, or because the meaning of the terrorism retribution, or because itself is for the sake of planning terrorist attacks, in this case, the threat of terrorism in Western Europe will rise sharply.

Part sent back to Turkey refugees, the purpose is to reduce the pressure of refugees from Western Europe and northern Europe. This brings to the social economic burden and security is too big, the western European countries and some cannot afford to. Look at the spate of attacks, western European countries people does not panic?

CHANG ZHANG

Back to top Go down

Post by SUN YINGYU Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:13 pm

Terrorism is really a huge and difficult problem. It's dangerous.It mignt concerne a lot of people and it can't be forecasted. As someone has mentioned before, sometimes, it's just hard to solve this problem even though the governments have found it.

SUN YINGYU

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAIS Antonin Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi again(x2),

Terrorism is a topic very interesting, with diverse ideas.

Personally, I think that the terrorism comes from the radicalization of beliefs, of religions.

But I also think that terrorism is growing, diversifying and improves the fault of national policies carried out (France, Usa for example). Indeed, wars and bombings used to keep strategic areas (economic or geographical) is a strong argument to gather and radicalize new members,internatinal.

Similarly, bombing of family or inhabited areas to kill the "brains" is frowned upon, it is one more argument ..

I do not know if the series "Homeland" looks the truth or if it is good fiction, but it is also consider the question. This does not prevent me from thinking that terrorism is wrong !

BLAIS Antonin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jérôme Guichard Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Because everyone talked about how terrorism is developed this last years i'll focus on how i think we can prevent attacks.

I don't think we will destroyed Daesh or Al-qaida by bombing areas where some groups are supposed to be. Because those groups were created by the wars we made all around the world. Afghanistan, Iraqi, Syria, all are countries where "developed" countries took action in and left them in really instable political situation. And it's this instability that helped those groups to develop and attract newcomers. By bombing Syria or Iraqi, i think we only feed the anger of some radicalists and also make a lot of collateral victims.

Also because of the spread of the organistion, you can't really destroyed them just by striking a specific point. We saw the exemple of Algeria wich love to remind other countries that they succeed to eradicate terrorist groups, but the only thing they did is to move the problem in other countries such as Mali or Niger.

If we want to strike them hard, I think we need to concentrate on the deep part of the organisation. How they finance their activity, Who help them to find ressources and weapons, etc.. And for this we need a real collaboration between contries, not only a competition between them to know who will the hero who will suceed to eradicate terrorism.

Jérôme Guichard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down