UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Third week discussion - Cannabis

+18
Nadir
FOURNIER Corentin
Arthur Dubourg
Pierre Gervais
Elsye Elenga
Gabrielle Mesmin
Soumia KADDOUR-BETCHIM
DING Yue
Laure Escapoulade
Jérémy Doyen
Feng Luzhu
Gourbeau Iolina
Hugo Martin
cyprien gorrin
Teddy Gallois
Sterling Archer
Jean Dufour
Admin
22 posters

Go down

Third week discussion - Cannabis Empty Third week discussion - Cannabis

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:39 pm

You chose the legalisation of cannabis for this week's discussion but maybe we can expand it to a discussion concerning all drugs - including alcohol and cocaine and possibly to the professional use of drugs and doping. As you wish...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Third week discussion - Cannabis Empty Re: Third week discussion - Cannabis

Post by Jean Dufour Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi everyone,
Clearly, I'm not a drugs consummer. But my sister is a doctor and I think that it could be really useful for therapeutic use. But for me it should be control.
The problem is, if you want to control cannabis trafic, you have to control every product who can lead you ton an addiction, so alcohol, and cigarettes.
And it will never happen because it's a big ammount of money for the government.
Jean Dufour
Jean Dufour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Archer Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi!

I’m for the legalization of cannabis. I think it’s a boost for the local economy. In Colorado, marijruana legalization resulted a decrease of crime, more tourism, employment and a lot of cash. So much, that Colorado will redistribute this money! Crimes decrease because you don’t have any fear about the seller (who is controled by the government) that you probably have if you don't trust your dealer. There is no more paranoia about cops because it's legal. You can buy top grade cannabis and there is the choice.

I think that medically it could be an asset. Cannabis helps in many diseases like epilepsy. It may help decrease the hole in the social security system.

So, in my opinion, France should legalize cannabis. What’s your opinion?

Bye!
Sterling Archer
Sterling Archer

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Gallois Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:40 pm

Hello,

I’m not a cannabis user but I’m for legalization. Because what ever we do, there will always be consumers, so why not establish a legal framework. This will allow more security and it would be good for the economy. The State would win because it could tax the cannabis and control the distribution. But also make savings in the fight against drugs. Moreover, in most countries where it’s allowed, it’s very well for everyone.

Teddy Gallois

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:30 pm

Teddy Gallois wrote:Hello,

I’m not a cannabis user but I’m for legalization. Because what ever we do, there will always be consumers, so why not establish a legal framework. This will allow more security and it would be good for the economy. The State would win because it could tax the cannabis and control the distribution. But also make savings in the fight against drugs. Moreover, in most countries where it’s allowed, it’s very well for everyone.

That seems a reasonable argument. Why not legalise cocaine too?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cyprien gorrin Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I am also for the legalization of cannabis because as many have already said this would allow the state to implement taxes on the sale of cannabis but not only he could establish a system  similar to coffees shop in Netherlands to avoid overflow and well regulate its consumption and distribution. Moreover it would put an end to several criminal organizations that are based on the sale of cannabis. To answer you Mr. Cox, the legalization of cocaine would be a mistake for me because first of all it is a hard drug, chemical, so bad for the  body, its addictive very quickly and kills a significant number of person (overdose, suicide due to depressive effects etc ...) to the inverse of cannabis.

cyprien gorrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Martin Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:59 pm

Hi,

John, this is exactly the most difficult point in this kind of debate : why don't we legalise cocaine ? Heroine ? Every drugs ? But the real problem is to find where is the border between which is legal or not. I'm willing to bet that thera are so much legals medicines more dangerous...  And I'm not talking about alcohol which kills a lot compared to cannabis.
I'm not saying cannabis is perfect for health but I still don't understand why there is a such repression in our country. I think it is a bit hypocritical..
Legalisation is maybe not the good solution for us because cannabis is defenitly not in our culture. I'm rather  in favour of depenelisation. Someone who smoke weed must not be compared to a criminal. Spanish or dutch got it, but not french.

have a good W-E
Hugo Martin
Hugo Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gourbeau Iolina Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:19 pm

Hello,
For me legalize cannabis isn’t a good solution. This could encourage to consume more cannabis and attract new consumers who didn’t smoke previously. We see the misdeeds of decriminalization in the Netherlands which are known to be the country of cannabis and foreigners go there specifically for that.
Also the legalization of cannabis could send wrong message to consumers, in particular at young people. The removal of criminal penalties bound to its consumption would risk to trivialize the use of cannabis. By consuming cannabis in a "normal" way, there would be multiple effects on health (especially if you start young).
The cannabis hinders intellectual problems, thus legalize cannabis wouldn’t limit it , on the contrary it would aggravate the damages. It could also make it more dependent person.
Do you think that by legalizing cannabis, dealers will sell no more cannabis? It’s really necessary to be naive to believe that criminal groups are so easy going to let remove the immense earnings related to cannabis trafficking.
In every decriminalization of drug, there are more people who take drugs and those who are already drug addicts consume of bigger quantities. So legalization increases in a vertiginous way the profits of organized crime. By legalizing cannabis, the state will become the partner of criminal groups.

Gourbeau Iolina

Back to top Go down

Post by Feng Luzhu Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:27 pm

hi everyone,
Actually, two years ago, i think Cannabis is a kind of drug like most people think, because in China, it's illegal to smoke it. But when i tried it the last year in a party of my friend, it's the first time i can saw it, touch it and even smoke it, i can't describe how i felt at that time, but it's just not like the image in my mind. I don't think it's horrible like the most people said, and it has been confirmed that Cannabis is less harmful than alcohol and tobacco, we can even admit the legalization of tobacco but why not for Cannabis? confused

Feng Luzhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jérémy Doyen Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi,
In my opinion, i'm against the legalisation of cannabis. I agree with Iolina who said " This could encourage to consume more cannabis and attract new consumers who didn’t smoke previously."
We could consume like we want if there is the legalisation of cannabis, it's not a good idea, that could cause youngs people to consume one. Health will be in danger with lot of side effects ! In 2005, in United States, this drug was responsible of 250 000 case in emergency service. Emergency service will be overwhelmed.
If the legalisation of cannabis is adopted one day then that will be a market like another. I can't imagine this possibility.
Bye

Jérémy Doyen

Back to top Go down

Post by Laure Escapoulade Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:21 pm

HI !
I’m in favor of the legalization of cannabis, because it could be a good thing and will enable a better control of consummation.
We can’t deny, drugs' consummation is a reality, and, more people than we think consume drugs, even if it is illegal. It’s why in my opinion legalization can be a solution to regulate circulation of drugs in the country. Also, this will avoid traffic under police pressure.
Moreover, it will be an advantage for consumers too, because if products are controled they will have more information about composition of products. If it’s legal, the country can impose standards and avoid harmful products which are adding to drugs on unsuspecting consumers.
Then most people think, the consummation will increased with the legalization but even if it will be easier to buy drugs, the consummation will be similar and maybe less, because I think many people takes drugs because it’s illegal. The illegal aspect attracts young people who want to be “cool” or go against rules. However if drugs become legal, this “dangerous aspect” of drugs lose their attraction.
So I think the legalization of drugs must be controled, same the others like alcohol and cigarettes which are prohibited for children because they can to be really dangerous if it is consumed in excess. If it’s accepted, it must be in good conditions.
Have a good week end

Laure Escapoulade

Back to top Go down

Post by DING Yue Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:52 pm

Hello everyone,

Firstly, I'm not a Cannadis consumer, so all of my opinion are based on a non-consumer's point of view.
For the leglization of Cannadis, l will be agree with it, if it has a reasonable limit. For example, I affirm that it's useful in medical science, but if everbody have the rights to consume the Cannadis, there will be more and more people consume the Cannadis, and the society will be in chaos. If someone get drunk can make a traffic crash, then a person who have consumed the Cannadis maybe can kill the people. And the crime rate will rise.
What's more, someone may use the Cannadis to do something illegal. I know, in China, that some people use the overpowering drug to cheat the people out of their money. These people will destroy the sense of security of citizen.
So, I think whether the leglization of Cannadis is favorable or not is depends on it's limit. It's a thing which can satisfy you but can be harmful to the society. Also We should think about the human rights of the consumer and the non-consumer.

DING Yue

Back to top Go down

Post by Soumia KADDOUR-BETCHIM Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:56 pm

Hello everyone,

Legalization of cannabis can not be a good things for consumers. Cannabis like all drug, are harmful for health, i know that it can be use in medicine but when it's use it's as a certain dose and for a precise and justified reasons.
If it's legalize, life in country will be in chaos. When someone consume cannabis, this can lead lot of damage, for him and people around him (can loose her/his mind at this moment or do something worst ). It's like alcool when you get drunk but at a high level !
When some people say that if you legalize cannabis that can permit to regular circulation of drug and for them it will be safer ... . I think it's just ridiculous, wake-up you WANT to legalize something BAD. We live in a world where what is bad is good. Yes, it's strange but unfortunately true.You should think about the world of tomorrow and not just at this moment. I know that they are countries who legalize cannabis but i think it's just a question of money at first and after think about having a control of circulation of this drug, etc. How a country can permit to his population to use something bad and worth for his health and life, it's just crazy ! Never forget that if cannabis is legalize it's not for you but for them,the health of each against money.

Soumia KADDOUR-BETCHIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabrielle Mesmin Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:19 am

Hi everyone,

Concerning the legalization of cannabis, I’m not used to smoke cannabis or drugs but I did it sometimes. First of all, I can give you some numbers about the consumption of cannabis in countries where it’s legalized and in other countries where it’s not legal. Secondly I will explain my point of view for legalization of Mari Juana in France. To conclude I want to tell a story about my travel in Danmark, where weed is not legalized.

In Europe cannabis is not allowed everywhere, but prohibition of weed doesn’t erase the consumption. Namely, 32,1 per cent of French population, 27,4 per cent of Spanish population, have smoked these numbers are not negligible. Nevertheless, 14,9 per cent of Swedish population and 25,7 percent of Dutch population smoked. While in these countries it’s legal to smoke drugs. So we can see that there isn t correlation between criminal policies and consumption of cannabis.

That’s why, to my mind the consumption of weed has to be authorized to be more framed and controlled. Because it can be dangerous and there is a lot of illegal trafficking, people who are used to smoke should be monitored and helped. I think that by prohibited the cannabis the state around this problem.

To give you a concrete example, I’ve been to Denmark, where cannabis is forbidden. But I visited Christiania. It’s a squat, Christiania has been famous for its open cannabis trade. Although the hash trade is illegal, authorities were for many years reluctant to forcibly stop it. So In Copenhagen there is this place, Christiania, where drugs are accepted so weed trades are better controlled.

I can conclude in saying that control of cannabis is the best way to protect the society from the dangers of drugs and its effects.

Gabrielle Mesmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsye Elenga Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:23 am

Hi everyone,
To me a canabis legalization will always be better than nowadays situation, cause it's some thing that we can't stop but just try to regulate to my mind, doesn't mean that its will be eazy. The fact is that, when we talk about drugs, people uasually forget that beyond all negative impacts on the health, there is a huge business, in most of case, leaded by illegal organisations. Thoose organisations make lot of money, and if you want to regulate their market you will deal we thoose people and that not a small deal. Cause you can't just allow drugs and let's whenever organization do her stuffs,most specifically in such a juicy market,é that will be the most difficult part of the process to me.

Elsye Elenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Gervais Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:01 pm

Hello everybody

In my opinion, cannabis has to be legal if substances like alcohol are legal. We have to be coherent : alcohol is killing so much people every year when cannabis don't. I mean, cannabis is dangerous when high people drive so it's logical to prohibit weed for that purpose but we could legalize it or at least make it commonplace for people that smoke at their home or things like that. Cannabis users just want to relax and we clearly have to make the difference between cannabis and other drugs. I don't think that cannabis is dangerous in general and people should be allow to make it grow by theirselves too. And we all know that weed is useful in a medical way when alcohol isn't I guess. People should at least try to smoke pot before condamn it. Sure it has to be oversee by government but I think, once again, that the problem is that we don't treat each substances the way we sould.
Moreover it could be a huge revenu source for government.
Pierre Gervais
Pierre Gervais

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Dubourg Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:53 pm

Hi friends !

I don't know really if i stand for or against the legalization of marijuana. Firts due to I am not a consumer, so this subject doesn't concern myself directly. However, drug's control concerns a large part oh our society in France. The politics men and women have debated massively about legalisation or restriction of cannabis consumption. My impression is that subject is used to attract vote and isn't considered as a real and major society debate. One day i am for and later I am against. Maybe our politics men and women smoke weed, and aren't clear. Perhabs the Paliement is only a shooting room ... More seriously drug's consuption creates many numerous problems. And before to make a decision we have to study the effects of drug's consumption and the differents ways to protect our society and the youth. Here is my opinion.

Hugs and kisses !

Arthur Dubourg

Back to top Go down

Post by FOURNIER Corentin Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:56 pm

hi,

First, i think the state should intervenes less as possible in liberties and choices of citizens that's why i'm for cannabis legalization. In my opinion, each one of us could be free to think or to do what ever he want if he respects others. Moreover, cannabis commercialization may be an opportunity for french state to earns money thanks to fees, to control its circulation,its production, and its quality. To conclud, tabaco and alcohol is killing thousands of people by years, that doesn't mean this product are rejected by a part of the population or by political mans. The main reason of this prohibition is the cannabis doesn't take part into the french culture contrary to alcohol and tabaco.

FOURNIER Corentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:13 pm

But if Tobacco were a new drug do you think it would be legalized?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nadir Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:09 pm

What is up

This topic does not really interest me. I'm against a legalization of drugs.
why ?
Because all this kind of shit like pills and drugs are very harmful fot our health. Moreover it destroys our brain, it make us dependant and it can destroys a person in a few time especially hard drugs like cocaina and meth (blue) Wink.
Have u ever asked yourself why there is always a lot of problem like violence, rape etc around drugged person and drug dealers!

According to me all of wich is detrimental to health should be prohibited.

Nadir

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain Guillerit Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:01 am

Hi!
I think the legalization of cannabis could be great but it could be bad too.
In one hand the legalization could be good since the government can earn so much money. With the legalization the government could eradicate the black market, because the black market of cannabis is a very dangerous market, many people die each years cause of drug's trafic.
In the other hand i think that can be bad cause the legalization could attrack new consumer. Smoke cannabis is like smoke tabaco you could get the same disease if you smoke and with cannabis yours brain could be touch too.
I think cannabis must be legalized only for medical prescription cause that permit to help people which get hard disease like cancer.

Romain Guillerit

Back to top Go down

Post by Coralie Ecoto Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:04 am

Hi,

The cannabis is one of the reason why there is trafic. People die because of this violence but I think the legalization of cannabis will just transport the problem. If you can provide you drugs like cigarets, maybe we will have less trafic, but more people will become addict and die. So I think the legalization of cannabis isn't a good idea, mostly when I see 12 years old children smoke and not just simple cigarets.

But cannabis can be use for medecin and relieve people. So if it's use with doctor to monitor it, I havn't problem with that.

Coralie Ecoto

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian Caron Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:56 am

Hi,

I'm for the legalization of cannabis. I think it can be used in medical manner. For example, to ease the pain of some patients in final stages.
For private use I'm not against legalization, alcohol is legal while it destroys lives there a lot of people and their families ... (and not only on roads).
But if it becomes legal, we must establish rules like alcohol or cigarettes.

Florian Caron

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:09 pm

http://www.arte.tv/guide/fr/068399-008-A/vox-pop?country=FR

I am a few weeks late. But if you are interested in legalisation of cannabis, this video of arte could maybe interest you Smile

I am also for legalisation of cannabis; I have grown up surrounded by it, and the shit that goes on partly because it is an "illegal" substance.
I have also traveled to countries where it is legal, or at least depenalised, and I can see the positive effects that this can have on a society.
Take Portugal for example, or even Spain. (I have to say I quite agree with Portugal's way of seeing things.)
However whenever politics (& economics) are concerned, I believe the gouvernement, and the policies to be very hypocritical, and paradoxal. Especially in France. I think cannabis should be legal, but they need to be thought through properly, and not just "because taxing on a legal cannabis market" can bring money for the economy and stuff along those lines.

Cannabis is, can be, a very dangerous drug, and have long term effects on many people. I have met a lot of potheads who have been destroyed by this substance. The whole health aspect has to be seriously taken into account. The fact that this drug is being chemicaly modified to increase THC to get people "higher" has had serious consequences for example. (Pot smoking for medical reasons, and smoking to get high is not the same - and the amount of money that is invested for research for medical advances is not comparable to that that will be invested for the mass market of smokers). The French state claims that quality will increase, I do wonder what they mean by that.

France needs to also think about reintegrating "potheads" into society, and creating effectif and solid platformes in order to help people back on their feet. And not just by handing out fines, and chucking people in to jail for weed, or worse....like the do at the moment.

Legalising cannabis will also modifiy urban structures in France. This could go either way. One, by reducing criminalty linked to weed. Or on the contrary : increase crime, and poverty in areas where drug dealing, and weed growing are the main economic ressource. This as well will have to be taken into account, and social frameworks will have to be put in place. This will cost a lot of money for the French state. More than 200 000 people in France rely on growing and selling weed.
Legalising weed will create more jobs, but the state will hire with many biaises I think...and not necessarily take into account the historical value of this business that is spread nationwide.

The impact of the weed business in Europe will affected, and could lead to minor or major problems on the borders of France... and effect local economies in Europe.

Once cannabis is legalized, the question about the legalisation of other drugs will be arised and fought for. What would you think if heroin was legalised for example? (I am exagerrating, but still it is to be thought about).

There are loads more I could say.....
And yes I agree with legalisation, however I doubt France's capacity to do it well.... and I wonder if this country has the balls to create a free cannabis market. But then at the same France always ends up following other countries' leads so in a sheepish way France will undoubtedly legalise cannabis.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down