UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U.S. Police killings

+17
xinyuan
Petit.Glody
imwane
Frank NKETCHA
Ariane GUIADEM NJOKO
Rachel Kaboré
Patricia Tenda
Pauline Guiriec
Lisa Martinez
Ines Chanhoun
julien D
Cynthia Bikandou
Benjamin BARBIER
Clarisse Gilquin
pdaube
Francois Muccia-Cabé
Admin
21 posters

Go down

U.S. Police killings Empty U.S. Police killings

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:54 pm

This is the thread for you to comment on the presentation by Mat and JF. Also this is for you to give your views and discuss the points they brought up in the presentation. It's part of your participation so get writing.

love and cuddles ...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

U.S. Police killings Empty Re: U.S. Police killings

Post by Francois Muccia-Cabé Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:09 am

Presentation on a topical subject and which made a lot speak this year essentially to the United States and to France. Implementation of an interactive game to make participate all the class, the presentation by means of Prezi to change Power Point, and viewing of videos defending the victims in the United States.

Francois Muccia-Cabé

Back to top Go down

Post by pdaube Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:40 pm

The presentation was great. Indeed, I loved the application with questions "Socrative". Questions was very interesting, and it was permitted to practice about this subject.
I think that there is a big problem with police Killings in US. There is a lot of strange affair regulary, compared to France, or European Union. We can join this subject with the other subject, because US police killings can be reduce with drastic policy of government. But I think that this problem will be accentued if Trump is elected.
Videos in your presentation was very touching, particulary the video with the child cried when she described what she felt everyay at school, in the street etc. I think that is essential to change this situation very quickly.
pdaube
pdaube

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarisse Gilquin Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:56 pm

The subject chosen by Mat and JF was very distressing.
Indeed, it's a recurring problem in USA, medias talk a lot about that, but we don't see solutions or changes to the problem. Policemen are hardly ever involved...
I think that US' justice has to progress, because it's a country so much developped so this problem shouldn't exist.
The presentation was good because they used different tools : powerpoint, video, socrative, music etc... So we are more attentive, and we can participate in the presentation.
Good subject, good tools and good english cheers
Clarisse Gilquin
Clarisse Gilquin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin BARBIER Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:06 pm

They are very strong in English, it's cheating !! Seriously, it was very understandable and clear. Their video presentation was very interesting, I love Socrative  !! It's an application that allows public participation, it is a good idea.

Concerning the subject is a very delicate subject in the United States. It's a debate for the next elections between Trump and Clinton (Tim and Jordy Smile ). Obama has fought against this problem when he was president. 
I think it is interesting for French to focus on this because it happens more and more in France. And even more with the bombings occurred in recent months.

Benjamin BARBIER

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynthia Bikandou Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:42 pm

The presentation was really good.
Mat and JF had a good and clear english. They were easy to understand and they succeed in kept our interest
I'm Black so I felt concerned by the subject of course but I think the topic should interest all human beings.
The use of the application Socrative was a good idea because it was very playful and fun.
In my opinion work on Prezi is better than PowerPoint it changes usual and it's more attractive for the public.
Finally the fact that they add videos on the presentation made it more dynamic.

Cynthia Bikandou

Back to top Go down

Post by julien D Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:21 am

Firstly, about presentation, we can say that the quality, the clarity of expression, and the attraction with videos.
It should also be noted the idea of mobile application! it was a really succes!!

About the topic, it's a sensitive subject.
US police methods are not acceptable in 2016.
I think it's not problems with density population because, for example China is more populated and there isn't these police killers!
In US , one on two owns a hangun , that is the first problem to solve!
People feel safer with gun on them but it is to ban!!!!
good topic, good job mens

julien D

Back to top Go down

Post by Ines Chanhoun Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:40 am

Personally, I think this is unacceptable. Police are established to ensure the safety of the American people and they are killed? This is serious and unacceptable.
Americans must certainly feel helpless, and feel fear. And these feelings are understandable and justified. But the answer can not be violence. The answer must be action. The US must continue to work to build trust between communities and the police.

Ines Chanhoun

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Martinez Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:22 pm

The subject of Matt and JF was very interesting and shocking.
Killings by the police in the United States are a real scourge. When there are black people the police do not try to understand and kills without necessarily being punished. For us in France is incomprehensible, but black people in the USA there are not on the same footing.
I think that racism in the United States is a real problem and beyond that is the gun port that is a problem. In many states an American may have a firearms without problem so the police can kill someone by saying that this person had a gun even if it's a lie.
I think the real problem is the lack of punishment of policemen who kill (black or white people) and the lack of punishment for police officers with racist remarks.

Lisa Martinez
Lisa Martinez

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Guiriec Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:01 pm

I liked very much the subject of Matt and JF. I thought their presentation was original and interactive. They spoke slowly so we understood all the subject. Videos was very helpful, it got our attention. All people looked at it.
About the topic, I was very shocked and I'm always shocked. Even if everyone may be affect by police violence, some suffer more. The worst is that it happens everyday in a developed country, precursor in many areas, socially and economically. It's weird because I saw last night the television's serie "American crime story" about the OJ Simpson trial. At the time, the social climate was very hard, between black and white police officers. We are in 2016, nearly thirty years after, and it's still the case.

Pauline Guiriec

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tenda Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:11 pm

Thank you for your presentation. It allow me to understand that the USA continuous to be very sensitive as regards the black race. And, i ask myself , if this problem will be solved one these days.

Patricia Tenda

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Kaboré Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:34 am

I never knew about Socrative I found it very useful and clever. The presentation was brilliant and depicted something we hear about in the news but that aren't really news for those people overseas. Those killings are just not right and the way the media depict them aren't also in my opinion. I like rapper Jay Z's take on the situation : http://www.bet.com/music/2016/10/06/here-s-how-jay-z-thinks-police-brutality-can-end.html

Rachel Kaboré

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariane GUIADEM NJOKO Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:09 pm

I liked your game. But I think it's a little hard to touch the police. Especially with everything that is happening in the world (war, attantat...). Many realities will risk being hidden with time ... Because some look here like an heroes, and another like killer...

Ariane GUIADEM NJOKO

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank NKETCHA Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:50 pm

For a return of holidays, JF and Matt have put us in the bath with this current subject. Smile
Beyond the police blunders (bavures) committed by those who are supposed to represent the law, to defend any person whatever his origin, his race, his color of skin, it is sad to note that today, in the first world power by its democracy, its economy, its cultural impact, there is still an institutional racism .. We are in full 21st century!!!!!!!
Thanks to Matt and JF who, through their good job, show us that there is still a way to go, because today, despite the fact that racism has decreased, its ravages are still as serious.

Frank NKETCHA

Back to top Go down

Post by imwane Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:42 pm

Thank you for this presentation it shows how black people Are mistreated in the united states and killed without reason

imwane

Back to top Go down

Post by Petit.Glody Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:07 am

It was one of the best presentations, a very captivating subject. We are waiting to see the Trump administration at work for maybe improve or not things("Trump is a racist" ). Justice police or police of officers should play a large role in police abuses. Sanctioning, you can not just limit these facts to simply racism by police officers who kill freely and come away with light sentences or no sentence if wanted.

Petit.Glody

Back to top Go down

Post by xinyuan Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:52 pm

OMG, I just cannot trust the policeman anymore Arrow After listening all the presentation of our class, it's better to stay at home,cuz it's tooooo dangerous outside Laughing Laughing Laughing just kidding
anyway, this is the best presentation:cheers: cheers cheers good job Razz Razz Razz
xinyuan
xinyuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbah Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:36 am

A subject that makes us realize that even in the USA racism still exists. Then the police, whose role is to embody the value of the Republic, is abusing its powers by considering that all are not equal. It's awesome and scary where are we going in this world? May the Lord help us. Thank you guys for this moment and good idea of the game on socrative. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ebbah

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tenda Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:45 pm

Hope that, this situation will be solve Shocked

Patricia Tenda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Boudreault 86 Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:04 pm

It's no secret that the United States has a serious problem with police abuse, brutality and corruption.
Police violence against black Americans is not a recent fact, it is also one of the consequences of racist and discriminatory tradition in the United States. The victims of today recall the lynchings of yesterday. The Afro-American population never ceases to suffer the system of racist oppression, be it policeman, legal or social.
To change that, we need to change the mindset of police officers in some states.
Concerning the presentation, it was great, your english was so perfect ! Congratulations !!!

Kevin Boudreault 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Herbert Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:18 pm

subject very interesting, i adored the application "socrative". It is really fantastic to make quiz

Anthony Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélissa01 Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:23 pm

it wasn't an easy subject because it's a shame that things like that happen in the XXI century. when injuries happen, it's important to speak about to inform all the population and explain the situation and the horror of i.
Een if I my opinion we shouldn't explain that because it's a commom sense. Things like that SHOULDN'T happen because we are all civilized (maybe less apparently for some stupid people)!!!!!!

Mélissa01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down