UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 discussion - Space Exploration.

+19
tendron lou
Olivier Pruleau
Adrian Vinatier
po-vinel
TR
SY DEMBA
Valentin Simonnet
ronanroquet
kilian pousset
zhaozixuan
TAO SIHAN
Jules Rolland
Rindra Razafindrahaingo
Alexiane Sénéchaud
Emilie Virfollet
Antoine Palard
Sébastien Rouleau
Gabriel Pilon
Admin
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 3 discussion - Space Exploration. - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 3 discussion - Space Exploration.

Post by Olivier Pruleau Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:00 pm

I don't know if one day we will be able to travel in space or to discover all space mysteries about the big bang, the life in Earth or about the magnificence of the universe and that's the beauty of the space. We can just imagine or dream because we know nothing. Moreover, it's a good topic for movies ans series like Star Wars or Star Trek.

"Live long and prosper."

Olivier Pruleau

Back to top Go down

Week 3 discussion - Space Exploration. - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 3 discussion - Space Exploration.

Post by Admin Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:23 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tendron lou Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:03 pm

Hello;
The beginning of the space conquest is for me a story about the best between the United States and USSR during the Cold War. They used technology made in Germany during the Second World War. The two countries wanted to make ICBM’s and ballistic missiles able to carry nuclear bombs to the other country. After more spatial dimension, the first success was when the USSR sent the Sputnik into space and the world saw the technological advance of the country. Sputnik 2 carried the first dog into space, the dog was called Laika. After that they wanted to send men in the space. The Vostok operation, that carried Yuri Gagarin who became the first man to go into space, was that success. But the real competition was the race to the moon which the United States won with the Apollo’s program. In the 70s, the race slowed down because space programs became too expensive for both sides.

tendron lou

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Saboureau Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:53 pm

Hi,
In my opinion, the universe is so big that it has to exist somewhere a planet similar to the Earth. The researchers would have discovered a similar planet, with similar composition in the nearby solar system.This planet would be in orbit around Proxima of the Centaur who is the star the closest to our solar system. It is the first time when the researchers discover a planet similar to the Earth t a distance also "close".

Brian Saboureau

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Umezawa Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:15 pm

Space development is for me a long journey to know more about human beings, life and our world. We know only 4 % of all the matters existing in the world, and there are 100 billion galaxies in space.
...I found an interesting book titled "Sex In Space" by Laura S. Woodmansee when netsurfing not knowing what to wright. It talks about how to make love in zero gravity.
As we carry on space development, we will face more problems of this kind (how to live in space, differences from the life on the earth ,,)

Hikari Umezawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Peyrat Tom Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:17 am

1961 Youri Gagarine is the first man in space. 1969 first guys walking on the Moon
then until today I don't think than space exploration made a great projection compared to the size of the univers, man always have to guess and dream about space, and the fictional narratives hadn't evolv so much (the martian, Interstellar ...) but well, at the humanity's scale, space exploration started yesterday, so let's see what will happen in the futur.
This was major Tom to ground control.

Peyrat Tom

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:38 am

Hikari Umezawa wrote:Space development is for me a long journey to know more about human beings, life and our world. We know only 4 % of all the matters existing in the world, and there are 100 billion galaxies in space.
...I found an interesting book titled "Sex In Space" by Laura S. Woodmansee when netsurfing not knowing what to wright. It talks about how to make love in zero gravity.
As we carry on space development, we will face more problems of this kind (how to live in space, differences from the life on the earth ,,)  

sounds useful Embarassed
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin Rigoux Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:09 am

Admin wrote:
Hikari Umezawa wrote:Space development is for me a long journey to know more about human beings, life and our world. We know only 4 % of all the matters existing in the world, and there are 100 billion galaxies in space.

sounds useful Embarassed

Not really surprising that's one of the first thing mankind thinks about, talking about space or anything else.

We may explore space at a really large scale sometime in the future but for us it's probably too far away. I don't think we'll live to the day a man walks on a planet outside the solar system. But we will probably still be alive to see men developping a base or a city on Mars.

Since space is so mysterious it also give artists limitless inspiration to create movies, books, artwork etc from armageddon to gravity and some book I read in primary school. I think my personnal favorite is Futurama, the animated show by The Simpson's Creator even though it's more focus on humor than space.

Valentin Rigoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Rindra Razafindrahaingo Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:52 pm

Adrian Vinatier wrote:I am very pensive on the fact that we did not still return on the Moon since 1969. I think that this journey is classified defense because it is obvious that our technology allows us to travel on the Moon....
The context is different, the cold war lead to a space race, moreover it's well known that human being is more creative and reckless during war. The lack of interest about space exploration is untoward but fortunately it tends to change with private companies such as Blue Origin, Orbital Sciences, etc. The famous one is obviously SpaceX!!! The Elon Musk's company who stir a keen interest about space exploration with his reusable first stage in order to dramatically decrease launch costs. I used to watch their launches with such excitment! but there is much more behind that, the aim of the company is to establish a martian colony: Musk dreams to terraform Mars to live and die out there
Rindra Razafindrahaingo
Rindra Razafindrahaingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum