UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Films/Movies - what have you watched recently?

+20
Jamel O
Alex Lasserre
WANG RUI
Salvatore VENNETTILLI
Alexandre Baudet
Yara Bassil
mguyader
Madagascan Lorriane
Mathilde L
Manon.C
MisterSTAPS
Emma Herry
Anaël Maublanc
Laure
Salomé P.
Gaëlle
Habibakhairy
Aurélie Leclerc
Eloïse B
Admin
24 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Films/Movies - what have you watched recently? - Page 2 Empty Re: Films/Movies - what have you watched recently?

Post by MisterSTAPS Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:54 am

Last sunday, I watched "Radin" french movie with the comic Dany Boon. It talk about skinflint person who save his money. I let you the trailer here. I really recommend it because the story is totally different of the trailer... Full of surprise!

MisterSTAPS

Back to top Go down

Films/Movies - what have you watched recently? - Page 2 Empty Re: Films/Movies - what have you watched recently?

Post by Manon.C Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:55 am

I looked at the cinema the last time, Warcraft. It was very bad. The scenario was not really worked. The actors game really was bad. Nevertheless the specials effects were very good.

I really wanted see it because i live with geeks that game warcraft et i saw few movies of game. I found them very good and i waited the same things in the movie but i was disappointed.

Manon.C

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde L Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:56 am

Eloïse B wrote:
Admin wrote:Do you critically analyse the Disney movies when you watch them or are you watching like a child?

Both Laughing Peter Pan really shocked me because it is so old and we just could not make such a movie today. The place of women, the atmosphere, everything is so 50s, but we watched it as kids and it seemed normal back then. Thanksfully movies like The Princess and the Frog are really contemporary in their questioning, troubles, places... So Disney got way better (we could make a whole topic just on Disney Exclamation )

In addition I would like say that DreamWorks or Pixar are more interesting, actual and than easier match with actual facts. It's the world telling for children with pretty characters. Again I think they can understand the world as it is but animation movies are a way for parents to take care about their innocence...

Mathilde L

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:07 pm

MisterSTAPS wrote:
Last sunday, I watched "Radin" french movie with the comic Dany Boon. It talk about skinflint person who save his money. I let you the trailer here. I really recommend it because the story is totally different of the trailer... Full of surprise!

That's good to know, I was afraid by the trailer, it seems like a bad comedy. But maybe if I have the chance, thanks to your critic, I'll go Smile

Last edited by gaelle.vasse on Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by Madagascan Lorriane Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:32 pm

Admin wrote:I thought I'd open a thread so that we can recommend or dismiss films.

I've watched a couple of the last 2 weeks.

The latest Jason Bourne which I found pretty poor. The others may not have been fantastic but they were watchable. This one seems to have run out of storyline.

On Saturday I watched the latest Star Trek movie and really enjoyed it. I was alive to watch the original Star trek when it was originally played and I enjoyed them but this new Enterprise team could be the best of the lot so far. Story was full of action and humour. If you like Sci-fi then you should watch it.

I intended to watch the latest Jason Bourne movie but if it is as you say i won't watch it then. Though I really like how Matt Damon plays Smile
I wanted to watch "The train of Busan", it came out in France theater like 1 or 2 months ago. I missed the opportunity to watch it... Has anyone watched it yet ? Is it a good movie ?

I think the last movie I watched was "Pride and prejudice" with Keira Knightley, a piece of art <3 Love it, I recommand it for those who are desperate ! haha
It's my favorite movie. I don't know how many times I watched it !

Madagascan Lorriane

Birthday : 1992-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:21 pm

Manon.C wrote:I looked at the cinema the last time, Warcraft. It was very bad. The scenario was not really worked. The actors game really was bad. Nevertheless the specials effects were very good.

I really wanted see it because i live with geeks that game warcraft et i saw few movies of game. I found them very good and i waited the same things in the movie but i was disappointed.

I've got it to watch.

How can Ragnar ever be bad?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:32 am

Madagascan Lorriane wrote:

I think the last movie I watched was "Pride and prejudice" with Keira Knightley, a piece of art <3 Love it, I recommand it for those who are desperate ! haha

Oooh I loooooooove that movie, it's one of my favourite movies of all time !
Have you seen the Bollywood version ?

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by Madagascan Lorriane Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:54 pm

gaelle.vasse wrote:
Madagascan Lorriane wrote:

Oooh I loooooooove that movie, it's one of my favourite movies of all time !
Have you seen the Bollywood version ?  

Yeah I have Smile But I didn't like it at all. What about you ?

Madagascan Lorriane

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:06 pm

It felt really Indian ^^

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by mguyader Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:12 pm

MisterSTAPS wrote:

It's a good movie ? My grand mother went last week and said me it's not so good ... apparently you see all on the trailler ... it's true ? Smile I hesitate to go now haha

mguyader

Back to top Go down

Post by mguyader Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:15 pm

Aurélie Leclerc wrote:I watched miss Peregrine, the new Tim Burton movie.
It was pretty coolbut above all it was so refreshing and great to see a "new" movie, not a reboot, spin off... i'm starting to be quite tired watching the same stories again and again....
Anyway it was a great movie but quite scaring :-)
I really recommand it !

Oh nice, I think I will go tomorrow to watch it ! I hope I will enjoy like you !  Smile

mguyader

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Herry Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:03 am

mguyader wrote:
It was pretty coolbut above all it was so refreshing and great to see a "new" movie, not a reboot, spin off... i'm starting to be quite tired watching the same stories again and again....
I really recommand it !

Oh nice, I think I will go tomorrow to watch it ! I hope I will enjoy like you !  Smile

I went last friday to watch Miss Peregrine and it was really great!! A good Tim Burton finally!
Go watch it!

Emma Herry

Back to top Go down

Post by Yara Bassil Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:08 am

I really recommand it !

I thought it was nice, not very colourful for my taste.

Yara Bassil

Back to top Go down

Post by Yara Bassil Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:15 am

I think everyone should watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show before halloween.
here's a clip for ya

Salome and I LOVE it

Yara Bassil

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterSTAPS Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:16 am

mguyader wrote:
MisterSTAPS wrote:

It's a good movie ? My grand mother went last week and said me it's not so good ... apparently you see all on the trailler ... it's true ? Smile I hesitate to go now haha

Usually, I don't like French Movie, but I like this one. We don't see all on the trailer (for me). Like I said, there are some surprises on this movie and the story got a different sens.
Habiba, can you give her your point of view please? Razz

MisterSTAPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:19 am

MisterSTAPS wrote:

i watched this one , i am not that intrested by this genre ,first comedy movie to Watch here in Angoulême , and it was a good one tho

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Films/Movies - what have you watched recently? - Page 2 Empty Twelve years a slave

Post by Madagascan Lorriane Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:21 am

This week I watched a movie named : twelve years a slave, which talks about the life of Salmon a black man who was decieved and sold to slavery. It's a really touching story and well producuced. The character played by Lupita nyoung'o is the best in the movie, in my opinion. I have never seen such a realistic play ever before, I was shocked. It was actually the second time I watched the movie but it's always this touching.

Madagascan Lorriane

Back to top Go down

Post by mguyader Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:25 am

Last friday I watched Bridget Jones 3. It was very funny and you can watch "Docter Mamour" (Patrick demsey) all along the film, and that it's so cooool Laughing. I never watch the precedently film but it was easy to understand. Really good film for pass a good moment and laugh during 2 hours !

Let's Watch this girls !!

mguyader

Back to top Go down

Post by mguyader Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:29 am

Madagascan Lorriane wrote:This week I watched a movie named : twelve years a slave, which talks about the life of Salmon a black man who was decieved and sold to slavery. It's a really touching story and well producuced. The character played by Lupita nyoung'o is the best in the movie, in my opinion. I have never seen such a realistic play ever before, I was shocked. It was actually the second time I watched the movie but it's always this touching.

Yes Lorriane you're right. It's really a good movie. I watched two times too and each time I felt same emotion. Hard film but very beautiful, you learn a lot about the past and slave life...

mguyader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde L Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:36 am

Madagascan Lorriane wrote:This week I watched a movie named : twelve years a slave, which talks about the life of Salmon a black man who was decieved and sold to slavery. It's a really touching story and well producuced. The character played by Lupita nyoung'o is the best in the movie, in my opinion. I have never seen such a realistic play ever before, I was shocked. It was actually the second time I watched the movie but it's always this touching.

I watched this movie too and it fabulous, because they dare show us all the side of the slavery.

Mathilde L

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandre Baudet Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:44 am

I watched L'odyssée (with Pierre Niney, Lambert Wilson and Audrey Tautou) tuesday evening. It talks about Cousteau family's and the discovery of a new world under the sea thanks to the invention of scuba.

I've been disapointed by this movie because the trailer is misleading. The movie is not bad but there are many lenghts and lack of dynamism.
There is not only bad points because there is beautiful landscape and awesome picture underwater, good actors, and the movie challenges us about pollution (even if the subject is brought grotesquely).
However, the goal of "L'odyssée" is reached, after seeing this movie you want to go diving and learn more about Cousteau's life. study

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goy8YMc3KHg

Alexandre Baudet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandre Baudet Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:52 am

MisterSTAPS wrote:

QuestionQuestionQuestion
I watched this last week and I don't like it.. In my point of view, this is a bad comedy, boring and coarse in the acting. I was waiting for a fall at the end but nothing...disappointing. I feel that I wasted my time.

Alexandre Baudet

Back to top Go down

Post by mguyader Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:58 am

Alexandre Baudet wrote:I watched L'odyssée (with Pierre Niney, Lambert Wilson and Audrey Tautou) tuesday evening. It talks about Cousteau family's and the discovery of a new world under the sea thanks to the invention of scuba.

I've been disapointed by this movie because the trailer is misleading. The movie is not bad but there are many lenghts and lack of dynamism.
There is not only bad points because there is beautiful landscape and awesome picture underwater, good actors, and the movie challenges us about pollution (even if the subject is brought grotesquely).
However, the goal of "L'odyssée" is reached, after seeing this movie you want to go diving and learn more about Cousteau's life. study

After 20 minuntes you finished to post your reply haha Wink
Really, it's not a good movie ? I wanted to watched it ... But I think I will go to make my owner point of view and because I like actors of this movies ! I hope I will enjoy more than you ...

mguyader

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandre Baudet Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:10 am

mguyader wrote:
Alexandre Baudet wrote:I watched L'odyssée (with Pierre Niney, Lambert Wilson and Audrey Tautou) tuesday evening. It talks about Cousteau family's and the discovery of a new world under the sea thanks to the invention of scuba.

After 20 minuntes you finished to post your reply haha Wink
Really, it's not a good movie ? I wanted to watched it ... But I think I will go to make my owner point of view and because I like actors of this movies ! I hope I will enjoy more than you ...

Haha
"I like actors of this movie" Let me guess, mainly Pierre Niney, isn't it?
It's a good movie but I didn't expect that. You can watch it, you'll glad to see Pierre Niney shirtless..!

Alexandre Baudet

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon.C Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:18 am

Admin wrote:
Manon.C wrote:I looked at the cinema the last time, Warcraft. It was very bad. The scenario was not really worked. The actors game really was bad. Nevertheless the specials effects were very good.

I've got it to watch.

How can Ragnar ever be bad?

I don't like Vikings XD It's a serie macho. over characters of Vikings are bad and i don't like Ragnar. Ragnar or Travis Fimmel plays well but i think that dialogues and the scenario of the film "Warcraft" are bad.

Manon.C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next