UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 years old girl talking to British Prime Minister

4 posters

Go down

5 years old girl talking to British Prime Minister Empty 5 years old girl talking to British Prime Minister

Post by Laure Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:32 am

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2016/10/05/girls-tells-off-theresa-may-homelessness-sfc-orig.cnn

Isn't it cute? What do you think about these parents who "use" their children to tell their points of view with the world? That kind of video go usually viral and it's a good way to talk to the PM easily but should we use children images? Do you think it is really useful or just a way for politics to go to the little girl house and then give sandwiches to the homeless and it would be like a communication operation for Theresa May?

I don't know but it was cute anyway even if her voice is too high for my ears.

Laure

Back to top Go down

5 years old girl talking to British Prime Minister Empty Re: 5 years old girl talking to British Prime Minister

Post by Yara Bassil Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:03 am

hey Laure

This is an interesting video and to answer your question, I don't think we should use children like this. I think that she obviously is influenced somehow (never a 100% freestyle). I mean the fact that a 5 years old girl know who Theresa May is makes you imagine that her parents listen to the news or talk about politics in front of her all the time.

On the other hand, it's such a cute video and I suppose that the reason why videos like this get viral is because some people think that we maybe need some innocence in the world. I mean you can't go around building houses and distributing cookies just like that! But the fact that a kid is talking about it makes you think about how ugly the world has become.

Yara Bassil

Back to top Go down

5 years old girl talking to British Prime Minister Empty Re: 5 years old girl talking to British Prime Minister

Post by Madagascan Lorriane Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:32 am

This video is really interesting. I fell in love for that little sweety <3
I think it is not right to use children like this, though I do agree it actually works. Like Yara said, 100% of kids' life is influenced by their parents'. They are actually not in the state of mind to understand and state their own opinions. This is why they can easilly be used.

Most of people will watch it because she is cute first and then the information comunnicated in the video will easily be assumed to be right since people's emotion are disturbed by the kid's cutness Smile

That's my case

Madagascan Lorriane

Birthday : 1992-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Yara Bassil Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:35 am

Lorriane Razafindramisa wrote:This video is really interesting. I fell in love for that little sweety <3
I think it is not right to use children like this, though I do agree it actually works. Like Yara said, 100% of kids' life is influenced by their parents'. They are actually not in the state of mind to understand and state their own opinions. This is why they can easilly be used.

Most of people will watch it because she is cute first and then the information comunnicated in the video will easily be assumed to be right since people's emotion are disturbed by the kid's cutness Smile

That's my case

100% of kids' life is influenced by their parents' I DIDN'T SAY THAT?

Yara Bassil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:45 pm

I haven't watched the clip but I detest this misuse of children, which it obviously is - she probably doesn't even know who Justin bieber is yet.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down