UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STRANGER THINGS

2 posters

Go down

STRANGER THINGS Empty STRANGER THINGS

Post by Arthur Dubourg Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:22 am

Hi friends !

I would to talk about this new TV serie. I watched the first episode yesterday, and I found it really nice. Before to watch it, I hesitates a lot, due to the mains characters are children. Moreover I watched their interview on "le quotidien" and I was not enthused to watch this serie. But I decided to try, I don't regret.

The poster of STRANGER THINGS is really nice and original since it resumed the presentation of Star Wars poster.

*SPOILERS*

The first episode takes place in a litlle US city where a secret army labatory is located. And an scientific experience failed and create, i thing a monster, but I didn't see clearly a monster even though this thing killed a doctor. Later in the episode, the mains characters are presented : 4 children. These are friends, very close, and all are rejected by the other children at school. And their passions is to play a sort of society game, with monster who lasts sometime seevrals weeks. And a night after a game play one of these children got lost in the forest and meet this thing, the monster. This one has power, electrical power owing to he can turn on/off all the light and electrical appartus. And the child try to hide himself at his home. But i think he died owing to the monster found him. His family and his friends trusted that he is reported missing. Ant the 3 others children try to find him and reserch him in the forest.
Then an other children, a girl, shaved head, with a medical suit appeared. We understand that she come from  the labotory and meet the 3 other children in the forest. And the episode terminates in this scence ...

I really like this serie due to, all is not clear, i use a lot of "I think", "we understand" ... That make this serie mysterious and not boring.

Hugs and Kisses !

Arthur Dubourg

Back to top Go down

STRANGER THINGS Empty Re: STRANGER THINGS

Post by Admin Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:08 am

Like you I was a bit wary when I saw that children were the actors but I'm upto episode 6 now and it is a deep and gripping story with a lot of serious undertones.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Dubourg Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:35 am

Hi ! Smile

So today I will speak about the second episode of this wonderful TV series .... STANGER THINGS !!!

This name of this episode is "the Weirdo on Maple Street".

After to discover the girl, the three friends take the girl into the house of Mike (one of the 3 children). They intall her in his cave owing to hide her. She begins to confide to Mike, showing his tatoo, who represent "11". According to the girl, this is her name. Then, when she looks a picture of the four children (with the lost one), she recognizes the lost child : Will. So the children want to prevent theirs parents, but eleven blocks the door thanks to telekinetic powers ... STRANGE !!
During this time, Joyce, the mom of the lost child, reveives a calling, a strange calling ... she hears the breath of his son, then the phone explodes owing to short-circuit. The following day, Joyce leaves her house to print missing persons reports. And his second son, go into his father home, hoping to find his lost brother. During this time, the scienctist from the Secret army labotoray inspect the house of the family and find a substance flowing through the wall ot the house ... STRANGE !!
During a reserach in the forest where Will is loose, the policemen find a gown into a discharge mouth who come from the labotary.
At the same time, the sister of one of the children (the one who hides eleven) and her friend go to a party. Her friend seats alone near to the swimming pool, she cuts his hand because of a glass bottle and his blood flows in the swimming pool. Then she missed, removed by, I think, the monster ... STRANGE !!
Then, Joyce come back at house and receives a new call from and hears again the breath of Will. Then the phone exlodes again, all the lights of the house turns on. Then, at the final scene of the episode we can see a strange form who tries to cross the wall ... STRANGE !!

Arthur Dubourg

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Dubourg Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi !

Today I will present the third episode of this amazing TV series, called Holly Joly.
The last episode ends on the scene where a stranger things tried to cross the wall of the Joyce's House.

In the last episode, when Barabara, the friend of Nancy, the Will sister, is capturated by a sort of monster, we understand that she doesn't die but is trapped in a parallel and dark word. Nancy is worried about his missing. Morover she thinks about the history of Will, another missing boy ...

Sheriff Hooper who runs the investigation wants to visit the secret labatory. He wins the permission to visit and understand that the directors of the labatory hide him something ... When he searched in the archives of newspappers, Hooper discovers that a doctor, Mr Bennet, a scientist recognized bi its experiences on surnatural, is linked to the labatory.

Nancy already worried by the missing of her friend decide to search her in the forest near to the house where she missed and meet a monster. She didn't see clearly but she know that form was a monster...

At the end of the episode the corpse of will is discovered in a lake. Mike is furious against eleven who had to help him to find his friend.

Arthur Dubourg

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Dubourg Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:56 am

Hi friends !

I have impression that I am the only one who like this TV series (except you John Wink ) That's too bad ... Due to this TV series is really great ! I just finished the first season yesterday,and I can't wait to watch the second season, but the shoting of the season 2 just began. So I have to wait severals moths, as I am waiting again few months to watch GOT.

Today friends I have to tell about the fourth episode ! Its name is the body. Due to during the last episode the policemen found the corpse of Will. Joyce and Jonathan go to the morgue to recognize her son/brother. But the mom don't want to believe that her son is dead, she trusts that Will still alive. Then Nancy finds Jonathan and speak about the pictures taken by Jonathan when Barbara was missed. And Nancy remarks a stranger things above Barbara, we are talking about the monster ...
The children try to communicate with Will, so they decide to use the colleges'radio and use Eleven as a super-generator of electricity. Thet success and understand tht Will is alive but under threat.
The Sherif Hooper remarks that police took care the body found. Intrigued he decide to go to the morgue in order to check the body. And finally he success to find the body and remarks that is a false, made with plastic ... He goes hard to the labatory ...

Have a nice day ! Smile

Arthur Dubourg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum