UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ted talks: Government's don't understand cyberwarfare. We need hackers.

2 posters

Go down

Ted talks: Government's don't understand cyberwarfare. We need hackers. Empty Ted talks: Government's don't understand cyberwarfare. We need hackers.

Post by Hugo Martin Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:55 pm

Hello everyone !
Today I'm gonna talk about the importance of hackers in the new digital war from a conference of Rodrigo Bijou,
an informatic expert.
He begins by speaking about a young man, 17 years old who takes a plane for Syria in order to explain the revolution
of the socials medias in our everyday life but also, as a new easy way of radicalisation.
Today the borders in real life does not exist anymore, we just have digitals borders. So the new organisations
using internet for communicate, have a strong advantage over the old dated military forces. There, is the danger,
these new organisations or hackers are more efficient and faster, than the governments and they can't react.
We see an inhability of the part of governments to adapt in digitals conflicts. Rodrigo Bijou thinks the
21th century war will be digital and governments will not nessary take a part of it ! To illustrate this idea,
he takes the example of a battle between anonymous and los zeta (a mexican cartel) where government have not even
understood what happened. It was not politicians or FBI or any other federal institution could strike fear
a terrible and violent organisation but just anonymous people !
It is the confusion : now, you don't know who attacking you and why, like before.
The question is : how can we regulate this ?
Build up a new generation of educated hackers, promote a big group of informatician who act together with the
same objective : our security. According to Bijou, it includes that government must giving up a part of control
and make a free communication between countries. Promote new technologies like Tor or bitcoins for example.
But the main problem still remains : the governements are afraid of this new era.
It was interesting, I'll continue to wach Ted's topics

Goodbye !
Hugo Martin
Hugo Martin

Back to top Go down

Ted talks: Government's don't understand cyberwarfare. We need hackers. Empty Re: Ted talks: Government's don't understand cyberwarfare. We need hackers.

Post by Admin Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:32 am

I listened to a programme about "the connected home" this week and the lack of security involved is incredible. I love the digital world but people making connected home appliances really need to employ hackers to show them the vulnerabilities that exist. Quite scary really.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Ted talks: Government's don't understand cyberwarfare. We need hackers. Empty Re: Ted talks: Government's don't understand cyberwarfare. We need hackers.

Post by Hugo Martin Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:58 pm

Yes for sure. What you say reminds me an episode of Mr Robot when a character's house get hacked. He become crazy after that ! It can happen to anyone who get domotic services !
Hugo Martin
Hugo Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down