Week 6 - discussion topic - Movies

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Week 6 - discussion topic - Movies

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:14 pm

I generally watch movies to relax, so I like Sci-fi, fantasy and action movies most. I don't think it's necessary to actually engage my brain for a movie but I do like all movies to have an internal logic to them. I want to be entertained but I don't want to watch a 10 minute car chase or too much shooting where the hero hits every time but is never hit - I like some reality in my fantasy. I'm not against "thinking movies" sometimes I love them but it's not obligatory. My wife likes period dramas, factual movies and movies about Africa and history (especially movies like 12 years a slave). I have to be in the right mood to watch serious films and I dislike most period dramas, love stories and musicals.

On Saturday I watched Suicide Squad and quite enjoyed it - not sure why it got so many bad reviews, last week I watched the latest Star Trek which I really liked and Tarzan which was just watchable.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 6 - discussion topic - Movies

Post by Olivier Pruleau on Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:24 pm

I think the movie "Suicide Squad" got so many bad review because all its advertising campaign was focused on the Joker and we see him only a few minutes in the screen contrary trailers letting hope.

Olivier Pruleau

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top