UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re: Week 6 - discussion topic - Superhero

Go down

Re: Week 6 - discussion topic - Superhero Empty Re: Week 6 - discussion topic - Superhero

Post by Feng Luzhu Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:12 pm

My favorite superhero is Wolverine, and I think he represents two things.
I think the first Wolverine represents is never giving up. Through out his life Logan has watched his parents die, watch most of the women he has ever loved die by mostly mistake of his own, lost all of his memories, been brainwashed into think that he is an animal, and many more traumatic and sad tragedies. Most people would have given up or just become plain evil, but Wolverine still just tries to the best he can with what life has given him.
The second thing I think Wolverine represents is redemption. Despite being ultimately good person at heart, Wolverine has been involved with and done many morally ambiguous things throughout his extremely long life. He feels shame and remorse for what he has done, and just wants to make up for all the mistakes and wrong doings he's ever done. That's why he is so enthralled by the concept of the samurai. He hopes that one day he can become a truly noble samurai that is a good person, and he'll never stop trying to achieve that goal.

Feng Luzhu

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum