UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Europe - Paul and Benji

+16
Kevin Boudreault 86
amina mir
xinyuan
julien D
Patricia Tenda
Ariane GUIADEM NJOKO
imwane
Frank NKETCHA
Lisa Martinez
Jordy Labrousse
Clarisse Gilquin
Francois Muccia-Cabé
Timothée Simonnet
Jean-François Quiquerez
Admin
Matt.Randria
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Europe - Paul and Benji Empty Europe - Paul and Benji

Post by Matt.Randria Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:00 pm

Since Mister John Cox is not doing HIS job anymore... I guess we should Laughing Laughing

This is the thread where you can give your views on the presentation and the subject chosen by Paul and Benjamin.

Matt.Randria
Matt.Randria

Back to top Go down

Europe - Paul and Benji Empty Re: Europe - Paul and Benji

Post by Admin Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:51 pm

Laughing Embarassed

Thanks Mat.

I'd like to say that I was waiting to see who stepped up but the truth is I've been correcting papers and other tests all day every day since Friday - apart from a day in a dark room thanks to a Migraine - and it slipped my mind.

You've saved me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt.Randria Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Haha you're welcome ! Very Happy

Concerning the presentation, it was clear and well executed. Using Socrative to involve the class was a brilliant idea !
For me, making an Union with healthy countries is always a plus because those countries will always give an added value. This is more doubtfull when it comes to troubled nations. This is why I'm more septical about making Europe bigger.
In my opinion, Europe should take care of its own countries before adding other nations, even if that means losing members.
Matt.Randria
Matt.Randria

Back to top Go down

Post by Jean-François Quiquerez Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Hi ! The presentation was interesting and good, i agree with Mat that socrative is a brilliant idea. About UE, i think its a brilliant idea, the fact that there is the same currency, that we can travel to the other european countries. But there is also problems, the eu economy is being bad for years, the greek crisis was managed very badely. There is still work to do.

Jean-François Quiquerez

Back to top Go down

Post by Timothée Simonnet Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi boys and girls !

First I would like to thanks the boys because when i knew that their subject was the EU, I was like "F*******ck, boring !". But at least it wasn't, good point for Paul and BenBenBen Wink
The use of socrative is interesting, it's allow you to participate with the two presenter, we should have done one but we didn't think to this the first week.

I would like to comeback on a question that was discussed wednesday, the multi-languages in Europe and why don't have a common language, French by example (English is only a 5% native language in the world by the way).
I hope that we'lle never have this kind of common language because we don't live in a country but a language. Habits and customs of every country in Europe is very precious to be what we are.
If we start to try to have one language, one currency, one hymn, the principle of Eu will fall.

In varietate concordia,

Good night and see you tomorrow Cool
Timothée Simonnet
Timothée Simonnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Muccia-Cabé Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:55 am

France is in this zone, it is a subject which concerns us directly. Their presentation was synthetic, they knew well how to accompany it with 2 quizzes Socrative, this course was able to enrich our culture on the subject.

Francois Muccia-Cabé

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:48 am

I love the idea of Scorative but I feel questions are needed DURING the presentation ABOUT the presentation so that students can show they are following and understanding.

The idea of using it interests me greatly but what about those students who don't have a "smartphone" or it isn't charged. Do you think that would make the class unfair?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt.Randria Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Socrative can also be used with a computer, all you need is an internet conection and a browser. And If John Cox has a smartphone, everybody has Laughing

Matt.Randria
Matt.Randria

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarisse Gilquin Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:06 pm

I'm a little late (One week...) I'm sorry !
Yes the subject was interesting. At the beginning, I thought that this subject would be a little annoying... because we know the European Union and we have learnt a lot about this subject at school. But guys are done a good presentation with games and quizz so it wasn't annoying, and they have connected their presentation with the precedent presentation which are about Brexit. So it was complementary!
Thanks Paul and Ben
Clarisse Gilquin
Clarisse Gilquin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordy Labrousse Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi !
Like Clarisse i'm also a bit late about the subject. I think the question of the integration of other countries in European Union reveals what the real problem of European Union is. Because there is a problem, if countries want to leave the Union it means that not everything's ok. We got the exemple with Brexit.
With the same law, the same curency, the same politics we want to creat a large country to face the 3 big (China, Russia and USA). But we also want to keep our cultures and morals. And it seems impossible to reach both of them. Take the problem of the same currency. We settled down this (but few countries don't choose to make it... Once again England is concerned about it Cool ). But, before, we didn't creat a harmony in standard of living. And by the way some European countries suffer from this. Without speaking about currency exchange rate which is a tool than gouvernements can't use now individualy.
To conclude my purpose it's a great idea, trying to be bigger to stay in the race. But it's maybe to hard to find a way to do it well.

Jordy Labrousse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Martinez Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:05 pm

For me, too, it is with delay that I react on this presentation.
The presentation was very interesting and very well conducted by Paul and Benjamin.
I learned new things about the European Union, because even if one studies it in school one always forgets the details.
They knew to captivate us thanks with the different quizzes, good presentation!
Lisa Martinez
Lisa Martinez

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank NKETCHA Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:16 pm

Personally I found this topic interesting and complementary to that of brexit. Nice presentation, good idea about interactive games.

Frank NKETCHA

Back to top Go down

Post by imwane Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:24 pm

it was a complete subject on Europe, I appreciated very much but there was too much information on the powerpoint i was lost sometimes

imwane

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariane GUIADEM NJOKO Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:51 pm

imwane wrote:it was a complete subject on Europe, I appreciated very much but  there was too much information on the powerpoint i was lost sometimes

It was a good presentation, but like Ibra, it was a little bit difficult for me.

However,
"Like Clarisse and Jordy i'm also a bit late about the subject. I think the question of the integration of other countries in European Union reveals what the real problem of European Union is. Because there is a problem, if countries want to leave the Union it means that not everything's ok. We got the exemple with Brexit."

I think you didn't gave me a real answers about rules to complys by countries wishing to join the eurozone.
I know some countries which are poor than greece, but i don't know that they could join the eurozone!

Ariane GUIADEM NJOKO

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tenda Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:40 pm

Hello everybody,

very good your subject, but you have a lot of information during your presentations. Hnce, it was sometime difficult to understand.
Despite that, it was fine, because, the informations were the complement of the previous subject on the Brexit.

Patricia Tenda

Back to top Go down

Post by julien D Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:50 am

hello everybody
Paul and Ben's subject was in connection with our studies and with the previous subjects.
that presentation offered many informations concerning European Union which helped us to better prepare our presentation on banking union.
The animation was so good
good job mens !!

julien D

Back to top Go down

Post by xinyuan Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:38 pm

congratulation dear Paul and Ben ! sunny sunny sunny
its was good lesson of Europeen history which let me know more ab Europ.
Good Job guys cheers cheers cheers
xinyuan
xinyuan

Back to top Go down

Post by amina mir Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:36 pm

your presentation offred many informations concerning european union which helped us to better prepare our presentation on banking union .

amina mir

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Boudreault 86 Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:59 pm

The European Union is a beautiful construction but by opening up the union to many countries, it becomes difficult to find a politic that is suitable for everyone. The risk is that the effort is supported only by the great nations like Germany and France, we see this during the Greek debt crisis. EU allows small countries to grow economically, but do the inhabitants really feel this, I am not sure.

Concerning the presentation, nothing to add, beautiful speech, good dynamics, good animations.. This duo is worthy of the greatest !! ( Or not )

Kevin Boudreault 86

Back to top Go down

Post by amina mir Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:36 pm

the presentation is very good and offred many informations concerning european union and good animations and beautiful speech Very Happy Very Happy

amina mir

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Kaboré Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:28 am

I liked the presentation and like the others said the use of socrative was on point. I used to believe that Europe could live up to its potential of actually bringing people together under a same banner. I also understand now that it was actually a bigger deal than I tought with a great degree of difficulty vis a vis politics, economics or even social. Great subject and great presentation

Rachel Kaboré

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbah Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:38 am

I have not attended the course that day but what I will have heard the game on socrative has been very interesting so I congratulate you guys
Since its creation until today I think that the question of the union on its functioning and others should no longer arise but as men are as they are there will always be problems. Personally, I think that there is a risk that the European eu is bursting simply because there is a great void of solidarity even a union is like marriage for the better and for the worst

Ebbah

Back to top Go down

Europe - Paul and Benji Empty Exactly Amina, good presentation about Europe

Post by Patricia Tenda Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:40 pm

amina mir wrote:the presentation is very good and offred many informations concerning european union and good animations and beautiful speech Very Happy Very Happy
Smile

Patricia Tenda

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélissa01 Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:58 pm

I think I missed your prensentation guys. And I'm so sorry but for what I heard it wasn't a big deal that I missed it!!!! I'm JOKING!!! I heard a lot of good commentaries about your presentation and honestly I didn't like the fact that I missed it. I'm sorry. I'm sure you did a really good job. And that you will have a good mark, aren't they John? Smile

Mélissa01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ines Chanhoun Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:21 am

I really enjoyed the presentation.
I confess that I do not know everything about Europe. Very Happy Very Happy
And so this presentation allowed me to learn more about Europe.
Thanks guys.

Ines Chanhoun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next