UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signs You're Venezuelan

4 posters

Go down

Signs You're Venezuelan  Empty Signs You're Venezuelan

Post by Alfonzo_Meneses Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:27 am

Hi everybody how are you?

Today I want to share a very funny video that I found on YouTube, about my country Venezuela, for all those who want to know a little about my roots.

In this video is shown in an original and fun way the ignorance about my country that has a lot of people in the US, but also applies to Europe. I remember an anecdote from a French friend who thought that "Venezuela was in Asia" so something that surprised me a lot.

Johanna Hausmann is a Venezuelan comedian, daughter of a former Minister of Economy of my country, now Director of the Harvard's Center for International Development (Harvard University) and Professor of the Practice of Economic Development at the Kennedy School.

I must say that although Johanna is born and raised in Venezuela, she lives in the US for many years, she does not come from a humble family in my country, however, I fully identify with her comedy, since she manages to capture all audiences and The social strata in my country, without distinction of any kind. Besides its distance, it has not lost its knowledge of Venezuelan traditions and its proximity to the reality of the country. She is very dear to us and is a good example of successful Venezuelans abroad.

She does not have the physical characteristics of the typical Latin American woman, she is blond with white skin, but it is normal because since in Venezuela as in many countries of Latin America, there was a lot of European immigration especially after the second war World.
Enjoy it !

Alfonzo_Meneses

Back to top Go down

Signs You're Venezuelan  Empty Re: Signs You're Venezuelan

Post by Admin Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:25 pm

It was fun but I think you could make a better 5 min video for us. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfonzo_Meneses Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:45 pm

Hehe thank you so much, I'm not sure, but I would make an effort. However everything Johanna says in a funny way is true! afro

Alfonzo_Meneses

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaël Maublanc Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:34 pm

This is the same problem here in France, there are alot stereotypes about french people, I m sure you know them very well :p

Nowadays, I think there is a real melting pot because people have travelled, moved and brought their own origin, culture and life's style for many years.

You told me before there are blond people in South America and in a first place it was difficult to imagine it because we have a specific imagination of different countries around the world and sometimes we are affect by television and what different media want to show us. Now, I able to talk about this country but before I haven't a real idea about its place, its language (yes I know….) ! But I promise I will never talk about Chavez because I think Jamel did it everytime ahaha

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfonzo_Meneses Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:13 am

Ohh Anael you're so sweet and you're right so thanks you for ur comment !!

Alfonzo_Meneses

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamel O Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:18 pm

Alfonso, i'm a venezuelian too, i appreciate your ex president Hugo Chavez and what he did for your country : Less anaphabetism with education, reduce diseases and poverty. He was not the best president of Venezuela i agree but i prefer him than Georges W Bush, your idol Wink !
Jamel O
Jamel O

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfonzo_Meneses Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:14 pm

Hi Jamel, yes I know my friend, You have the Passion of Chavez In your heart.
You flatter me!

Alfonzo_Meneses

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum