Last discussion topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Last discussion topic

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:18 am

Hi everyone,

Last class today and last topic too.

I want you to review the Smester's English classes. What did you like, what could be improved, changed, removed. What suggestions do you have to make NEXT year's L3 S1 a better experience for the students? The outline for the second semester is already set-up but I would like you to say what you think you need during the second semester and how I can maximise your learning and your enjoyment of English. Feel free to be critical as I can only improve my classes by constructive feedback from the people I want to help the most, I understand that I'm an "old man" who may be losing touch with the latest generation and their methods of learning.

Over to you...
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Last discussion topic

Post by Adrian Vinatier on Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:57 pm

OH my GOD !!! I am the first to write on the topic !
I think, you must stop immediatly with indian accent...
Seriously, the idea of topic is good but one is enough. Write every week on a serie is not essentiel and we have the oral expression to speak about serie.

Adrian Vinatier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Rolland on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:46 pm

Hi !
Adrian is really fast today !
As for the semester, i think the series is really good idea and it remains plesant. It's not hard homework and today, every people (or the majority) watch TV show. I can understand the neophyte who are not accustomed to this pace but watch TV show is better than fillings sheets. With series we learn the Ebglish of everyday and not hard vocabulary who will be useless and that we don't remenber. Series is good but the other topic, i don't know. When the subject is interesting, we write a lot but when he doesn't ... It's hard to write on something we don't like.
In general, really good semester, finnaly a funny teacher ! But for Leicester ... Bad choice

Jules Rolland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TAO SIHAN on Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:06 pm

You're not old man, I mean real. You looks like be full of vigour, compare with me.  Smile

I think this semester was very good. It was really funny during the class. The discussion on this platform for every week is good but sometimes I feel a little tired. But it makes us to improve. I'm not a person of many words so I didn't talk much when I am having the class. However, I still think the way you teach us is good, which allows us to communicate more. And I hope we can have more chance to learn more interesting informations during the class.

Have a nice holiday! cheers cheers

TAO SIHAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zhaozixuan on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:51 pm

Hi John.
I think your class atmosphere is very good, to bring students positive energy. your patiently enthusiastic teaching attitude, this will make every day classes not boring !
As for every week to write film critics, is necessary and is also a way of practicing English.But I think we can do some reading, select some books of interest to read and think.
Hope you had a nice holiday!

zhaozixuan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kilian pousset on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi,

First of all, you are an energetic prof, and it brings us a motivation for your english's classes, at least in my case..
Your classes are not boring, and that's why i think it permits us to maximaze our concentration. I like very well the fact that we are always speaking and not writing a lot, because it's more alive !
So, for that side, you must keep this mind's state.
What could be improve ?
Maybe more homeworks, like grammatical things, because even if, it takes time to correct it at each class, it permits in parallel of your oral classes, to have something for improving our level of redaction. it could be something like 15 minutes at the beginning of each class if you correct them quickly !

But don't panic, I like your way of working Very Happy

kilian pousset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kilian pousset on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:51 pm

Oh, i forgot the most important thing :

Quality street could be present at each class, which will be a very good motivation ...

I wish to everyone a very good christmas, and please avoid upset stomach..

kilian pousset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilie Virfollet on Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:52 pm

Finally an energetic teacher in this university!
Seriously, an hour and a half of English with you passes very quickly, it's a good thing! And speak entirely in English during this lesson is great.
I like the idea of writing about our series every week and about a topic we can choose (even when subjects are strange..)
But I think more homework will not hurt us, a grammar exercise or an oral to prepare as we did with the countries and the series were good!
Hope to see you again in January (and also Brian ..)!
Happy holidays pay attention to your line And I hope you will have your traditional black socks!!

Emilie Virfollet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sébastien Rouleau on Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi,
For my part, I very much appreciated your English's classes because that changes compared with my old English courses.  The lesson is more alive with more oral expression and everybody  can (or must Laughing ) talk and I think it's essential to express in his own words to be able to talk with anybody in English. Furthermore, I'm not bored with a professor so energetic and funny.

Sébastien Rouleau

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Palard on Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:56 pm

For my part, I can say that your lessons are radically different from those that I had to there. Your very fine humor  Laughing  and your musical references (sometimes old  Rolling Eyes ) lend structure and allow to make better the message pass. We remember so better the vocabulary. However it's not all wine and roses Twisted Evil , I think that it would be preferable to replace the oral on countries by an oral on a societal subject, more in touch with our training. Finally you are not so bad as prof. Cool Very Happy

Antoine Palard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SY DEMBA on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:02 pm

If all teachers were like that I will be living at school right now
SY DEMBA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tendron lou on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi !
I find that we have spoken much more this year than the previous years and even between the people of the group in general we spoke a lot more. I liked the oral comprehension and the different presentations even if I do not like to do it!
I find that the English class is quite complementary to those of the previous years where one has more learned vocabulary and the grammar and here more the oral communication.
To conclude I find that this semester is good to pass with a good atmosphere and I find that now it is easier to speak English Very Happy

tendron lou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ronanroquet on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:00 am

First of all, i liked every oral exercices, because students need to be less nervous to speack commonly english. With you, that's good, when we constituted groups of 5 persons, and we talked about differents topics. This is the same for oral comprehensions. I think, you should realize more oral exercices. Concerning modalities evaluations, to my mind, every evaluation permit me to progress in differents areas (grammar, vocabulary, oral comprehension etc ...)
That was a good semester, i had the impression to have some progress.
My last advice : keep your good humour and continue to work with the smile and your joke and your derisions.

ronanroquet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Trichet on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:05 pm

I think they're my first real English lessons !!! I should have had these courses since 10 years, maybe I won't be so bad today... You are crazy (in good sense of the word) ! Your lessons are very dynamic and it's perfect even if I don't understand everything... As you speak in English everytime, that none of my former teachers were able to do so, motivates me to understand.
Also, the principle of the series and the subjects of discussion are very good. I think that we need more oral, I think dialogue that a group will have to realize within a proposed theme. But also situations group in class on different subjects as we have already done.
Pass a good christmas and see you next year !

Simon Trichet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel Pilon on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:20 pm

Hi john ! I think you should give some coffee to Demba so he can bring the crunchy power of those brown seed into your class ! All hail the Coffee God !

Seriously, I will go to Erasmus next semester and i am sad to probably never be one of your student again. Your classes were great. I think you bring your teaching to something that pushed us out of the French system. It doesn't force anybody but for the first time I felt like a lot of people wanted to be in the classroom, I felt more voluntarisme than usualy. I think that you bring us positivity. I know that we need feeling to learn, we cannot learn from anything or from a theory that doesn't activate or create anything in our mind or in our body. When you are using laugh, you are improving our ability to learn what you are talking about. Your classes were all about practice and I realy think that i improve some of my english skills.
The forum was a new stuff and i think it was good. I personaly didn't always want to right about the subject but i did and by forcing myself i was forcing my improvement.

I am trying to find something negative to say but i realy don't know what, because your way of teaching is far away better than most of the other ways we've met. I can't stop imagining you reading all our lovely message of "I love you John Cox ! You are the best teacher of the world" and getting your ego bigger and bigger ! lol! But you truly deserve it !

Thanks you John, I wish you the best !
Gabriel Pilon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivier Pruleau on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi !
The idea of the serie is really cool. Most teachers encourage us to watch some TV show in english but no one let us talk about it and discover the serie of each over. The class atmosphere was good. I think it will be perfect to have more grammar exercise. Your lessons was so different compared with all other lessons of the faculty and it was a good thing, to see that we can learn and have a good time in an english class.
So have a nice holiday, Merry Christmas and happy New Year. Cool

Olivier Pruleau

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessie Randriambelo on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:59 am

It was a great way to learn and an opportunity to finally speak.
I think you should change the oral presentation about countries too. Unfortunately, I can't give any suggestion.
We need more exercises to improve our oral skills especially our vocabulary. Thank you for the taboo game even if I messed up haha.
See you !
Tessie Randriambelo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rindra Razafindrahaingo on Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:20 pm

Games such taboo should be done more times since it increase the ability of the student to seek for words in a short amount of time!
And I really like the idea of the debates (with the long list of subjects), maybe it'll greater to give each group an opportunity to ask the class opinion and trying to show and defend their very own. Im really certain that such student interactions are very very effective, so maybe they should be prioritized.
But all of that need a lot of time, so one more english class per week would be wonderful!
Rindra Razafindrahaingo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin Simonnet on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:13 am

Hi and sorry for late Wink

I'm on the same wavelength than Adrian, one big topic enough Smile
The idea of play a game like Taboo is very smart because it's a good thing to share some laugh and learn english Smile I prefered this semester more than the others before because we practice more oral expression and to my mind, it's a necessity to speak english very fluent.

I wish you a merry christmas

Valentin Simonnet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top