Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Anaël Maublanc on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:27 am

Hello everyone ! Today, i would like to share with you a wonderful city for Christmas ==> Strasbourg. The first edition of Christmas market was in 1570 !

https://noel.strasbourg.eu/en/strasbourg-capitale-de-noel

It's a very famous event for children and adults to discover every year a new country with its gastronomy and charms. This year, Strasbourg will welcome Portugal in a little village. There are alot of illuminations around 300 stalls which are full of products and traditional items, sweets, mulled wine, pancakes, decorations for the tree and the nativity scene. Moreover, there are some events including concerts and entertainment in the city.



Did you already go to a Christmas market ? And what were your best memories ?

Anaël Maublanc

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Mathilde V. on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:04 am

I would love to go there !!! It looks awesome but I don't think I will have the chance to go this year because it's really far !! And I have to admit that I'm a little bit afraid of terrorists attacks (even if I'll go to the one on Champs Élysées this weekend...). So I'll try to go next year I think, for now I'll we go to the one in Limoges !! Very Happy

Mathilde V.

Posts : 20
Join date : 2016-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by eiline on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:20 am

I would love to go there too! The chrismas market in Montpelier is my favorite (for now). I was in America last year and you don't have so much chrismas Market (or just market) , you just have some in New York, but you don't have hot wine there. I will love go at some chrismas market this year drink hot wine, try some food and have fun with my friends !

eiline

Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Yara Bassil on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:22 am

one of my dreams is to go to Strasbourg on Christmas!

LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS


Yara Bassil

Posts : 123
Join date : 2015-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Madagascan Lorriane on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:26 am

I really think that Strasbourg is the city in France that has the most beautiful, marvelous Christmas Market ever !! I have never been there but I heard about it and I saw lots of photos it's just amazing !

Madagascan Lorriane

Posts : 78
Join date : 2015-09-30
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Madagascan Lorriane on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:27 am

Yara Bassil wrote:one of my dreams is to go to Strasbourg on Christmas!

LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS


Let's go there together Yara !

Madagascan Lorriane

Posts : 78
Join date : 2015-09-30
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Yara Bassil on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:30 am

Madagascan Lorriane wrote:
Yara Bassil wrote:one of my dreams is to go to Strasbourg on Christmas!

LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS


Let's go there together Yara !

Nah You'll ruin everything

Yara Bassil

Posts : 123
Join date : 2015-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Mathilde L on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:31 am

Strasbourg is mythical Christmas market, some are amazing too like the Megève one with a lot of snow and a Christmas tree decorated by Swarovski !

Mathilde L

Posts : 40
Join date : 2016-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Madagascan Lorriane on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:55 am

Yara Bassil wrote:
Madagascan Lorriane wrote:
Yara Bassil wrote:one of my dreams is to go to Strasbourg on Christmas!

LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS


Let's go there together Yara !

Nah You'll ruin everything

Shut up ! I know you would love to !

Madagascan Lorriane

Posts : 78
Join date : 2015-09-30
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:38 pm

My wife and I keep saying we're going there and then don't. Bordeaux is not the same.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2737
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Yara Bassil on Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:38 pm

Admin wrote:My wife and I keep saying we're going there and then don't. Bordeaux is not the same.

I guess you should

Yara Bassil

Posts : 123
Join date : 2015-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:36 pm

Yara Bassil wrote:
Admin wrote:My wife and I keep saying we're going there and then don't. Bordeaux is not the same.

I guess you should

The problem is our dogs.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2737
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Yara Bassil on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:38 pm

Admin wrote:
Yara Bassil wrote:
Admin wrote:My wife and I keep saying we're going there and then don't. Bordeaux is not the same.

I guess you should

The problem is our dogs.

Dog sitter maybe?

Yara Bassil

Posts : 123
Join date : 2015-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:41 pm

Yara Bassil wrote:
Admin wrote:
Yara Bassil wrote:
Admin wrote:My wife and I keep saying we're going there and then don't. Bordeaux is not the same.

I guess you should

The problem is our dogs.

Dog sitter maybe?

Yeah. If I lived in Angouleme I'd pay one of the students that I trust to dog sit. Out here in a quiet coastal town it's difficult to find someone - but I guess I could make more of an effort.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2737
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Yara Bassil on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:44 pm

Admin wrote:
Yara Bassil wrote:
Admin wrote:
Yara Bassil wrote:
Admin wrote:My wife and I keep saying we're going there and then don't. Bordeaux is not the same.

I guess you should

The problem is our dogs.

Dog sitter maybe?

Yeah. If I lived in Angouleme I'd pay one of the students that I trust to dog sit. Out here in a quiet coastal town it's difficult to find someone - but I guess I could make more of an effort.

hmm yes i get it. well you might never be able to discover Strasbourg then... Dommage!

Yara Bassil

Posts : 123
Join date : 2015-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Anaël Maublanc on Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:55 pm

Mathilde V. wrote:I would love to go there !!!  It looks awesome but I don't think I will have the chance to go this year because it's really far !!  And I have to admit that I'm a little bit afraid of terrorists attacks (even if I'll go to the one on Champs Élysées this weekend...). So I'll try to go next year I think, for now I'll we go to the one in Limoges !!   Very Happy

Let me know for the next year if you will go there, I really want to also discover it Very Happy
The biggest christmas market I did was in Bordeaux with the famous hot vine and saucisson stand. Illuminations were awesome with a family atmosphere.

Anaël Maublanc

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Anaël Maublanc on Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Mathilde L wrote:Strasbourg is mythical Christmas market, some are amazing too like the Megève one with a lot of snow and a Christmas tree decorated by Swarovski !

I guess how many euros costs this amazing tree Surprised

Anaël Maublanc

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strasbourg : capital of Christmas !!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum