UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 topic Food

+6
LASSINA COULIBALY
thibault toulat
simon toulat
Beaufrère Angélique
Fanny Hamon
Admin
10 posters

Go down

Week 4 topic Food Empty Week 4 topic Food

Post by Admin Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:51 pm

You have a choice this week. This thread is if you want to talk about food. Your speciality, your favourite, your worst, what you will eat for Christmas etc...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 4 topic Food Empty Re: Week 4 topic Food

Post by Fanny Hamon Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:36 am

Hi mister Cox,

I have chosen to talk about food because I love to cook. More particularly pastries. My favorite pastry is probably the lemon meringue pie. But I like also chocolate cupcakes with a white chocolate sweet whipped cream above. I cook the weekend for my family when I come back to Brittany. I have the chance to live in this beautiful region. Brittany is full of local specialities like the “galettes”: a savoury buckwheat pancake that you can eat with cheese, egg and ham. With this, you can drink a bowl (called “bolée” in Brittany) of cider. For dessert, you will be able to regale with many specialities like Kouign-Amann or a Flan with prunes called “Far Breton”. I can also recommend to try a biscuit produced in my town (Dinan) : the “Gavottes”. This is a lace crepe known all over the world.

See you soon,

Fanny Hamon

Fanny Hamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:59 am

White chocolate whipped cream! Sounds heavenly geek
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaufrère Angélique Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:14 am

Hi Mister Cox,

I like cooking, I find it relaxing. Macaroons are my specialities. Even if it’s a long time to prepare. I think that pastry allows me to be creative.
In my region, there are specialities very simple such as “paté berrichons”, pies and pears.
I like cooking products of my region as the green lentil of the Berry, the fish of the berry with carp and truffle of Berry.
There are many cheese as a “pouligny saint pierre” , “Valencay” which taste with wine of Berry but in moderation.

See you soon,

Angélique Beaufrère

Beaufrère Angélique

Back to top Go down

Post by simon toulat Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi Mister Cox

I prefer salty meals rather than sweet meals. I think there are a lot of good salted dishes, like meat ( chicken, duck or beef ) or vegetables.They are both really good. I like food from different country too, like chinese, indian, korean or japanese food.
However i hate fish, even if it is well cooked.
For Christmas, i want to eat "foie gras" and Christmas log for dessert.

See you soon

Simon Toulat

simon toulat

Back to top Go down

Post by thibault toulat Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:48 pm

Hi mister Cox,

I like to cook, I'm passionate about this. I find that it's a good way to decompress after my listens. My specialitie is pastry.
Moreover, I like food from different countries. Indeed, I love asian food, especially chinese, japanese, indian, korean food. The best sushi that I've had is one of my sister in law (she's korean) prepared for my family.
Every christmas, we eat oisters, "fois gras", "salmon" for the entrance. After that we will eat a stuffed duck and for the dessert, a big christmas log which is my favorite cake.
Foods I dislike the most are brussels sprouts and spinach.

See you soon,

Thibault Toulat

thibault toulat

Back to top Go down

Post by LASSINA COULIBALY Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:09 pm

In Cote d'Ivoire, mealtimes are moments of large family gatherings. The Ivorians love to eat and are proud of their kitchens. Most of dishes are made of meat, chicken, fish and vegetables; usually accompanied by rice, Foufou which are the principal foods.

Chili and several other spices are strongly used, which gives this particular taste to the Ivorian cuisine. Without forgetting the leaves (potatoes and others), yams, corn, okra, and tomatoes and so many other vegetables are also heavily used varying according to the different regions.

The different dishes cooked in Cote d'Ivoire come from all the ethnic groups that live in the country. Immigration also plays an important role in the design of Ivoirian cooking.

The staple Ivorian dishes are:
- Attiéké: a semolina of cassava, which is the most beloved food of the Ivorians;
- Alloco: also call frying banana, is plantain banana fries.
- Kabato: a Paste originating in northern Côte d'Ivoire (where I come from). This dish is made from cornmeal and always accompanied by sauce such as Gombo or Mafé.
- The foutou: a dense ball made from manioc, plantain or yam and which is eaten with a sauce in accompaniment.

My favorite dish is the “garba”, a popular dish based on cassava semolina accompanied by tuna fish mainly sold in small street stalls and usually held by men. The dish that I hate the most is kabato. Embarassed

This Saturday I was the guest of a snapchat chain of African cuisine and I cooked a dish from home calling grilled okra and nearly 1000 people followed me and asked me questions.  Laughing

For Christmas, I intend to go to Paris to see my friends. We mainly eat Ivorian food.

See you soon,

Lassina COULIBALY

LASSINA COULIBALY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:15 pm

LASSINA COULIBALY wrote:In Cote d'Ivoire, mealtimes are moments of large family gatherings. The Ivorians love to eat and are proud of their kitchens. Most of dishes are made of meat, chicken, fish and vegetables; usually accompanied by rice, Foufou which are the principal foods.

Chili and several other spices are strongly used, which gives this particular taste to the Ivorian cuisine. Without forgetting the leaves (potatoes and others), yams, corn, okra, and tomatoes and so many other vegetables are also heavily used varying according to the different regions.

The different dishes cooked in Cote d'Ivoire come from all the ethnic groups that live in the country. Immigration also plays an important role in the design of Ivoirian cooking.

The staple Ivorian dishes are:
- Attiéké: a semolina of cassava, which is the most beloved food of the Ivorians;
- Alloco: also call frying banana, is plantain banana fries.
- Kabato: a Paste originating in northern Côte d'Ivoire (where I come from). This dish is made from cornmeal and always accompanied by sauce such as Gombo or Mafé.
- The foutou: a dense ball made from manioc, plantain or yam and which is eaten with a sauce in accompaniment.

My favorite dish is the “garba”, a popular dish based on cassava semolina accompanied by tuna fish mainly sold in small street stalls and usually held by men. The dish that I hate the most is kabato. Embarassed

This Saturday I was the guest of a snapchat chain of African cuisine and I cooked a dish from home calling grilled okra and nearly 1000 people followed me and asked me questions.  Laughing

For Christmas, I intend to go to Paris to see my friends. We mainly eat Ivorian food.

See you soon,

Lassina COULIBALY

Excellent. I want spicy bananas Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvain Person Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:11 pm

Hi Mister Cox,

My favorite dish is a Spanish specialty which is the Paella; my mom of Spanish origin cooks this dish during family feasts. The thing I like its mix of meat and seafood (gambas, squids, shrimps…) accompanied by different spices. Also I like Japanese food like sushi, makis, sashimi (raw fish), yakitori which is cooked meats, fish and more on skewers (my favorite is the beef-cheese). I used to eat at Japanese restaurant once or twice a week. The problem with Japanese food that it’s too expensive! Otherwise I could eat that every day.

See you,

Sylvain

Sylvain Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Noëlie TESTON Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:10 pm

Hello Mister !

Ah ! Food, a great story !

To start I like everything that is useless to the body, frites, chips, cakes etc… I prefer the sweet.
As I do sports, I totally changed my diet for the more healthy to progress and achieve results. That is, I eat starches, vegetables, fruits… but something is missing, where is the meat? Fish ? Dairy products ? Question

In my view, it’s difficult to kill an animal to eat it. It is a living being who feels fear, pain, attachment etc… Killing a pig, a chicken is like killing a cat or a dog to eat it. Why don’t we do it? It may be a good taste haha ! Oh ! Animals are also discriminated against.

You will tell me that it is for the intake of protein, iron, except that we can compensate with products of vegetable origin: soy, tofu, lentils, dry fruits etc ...

The subject of abattoirs is also very important, the way in which animals are killed, the agony of these poor beasts… I pass the details And these ignoble conditions affect our diet: We do not realize, but it's not healthy to eat that, it transmits diseases. I don’t eat meat and I'm never sick ... Coincidence? I don’t believe…  Evil or Very Mad
The human being is by definition vegetarian, it is not a predator:  it doesn’t have the physical strength nor the speed of movement etc. When you see a cow in a near, you say to yourself "oh I would do it well in steak" Nooo, I do not think. Our digestive system is absolutely not made to digest meat! Our intestines in particular is much too long, which creates problems of maceration and putrefaction. And I pass on arguments!  Very Happy

Eating meat was taught to us. Like milk. Milk and dairy products are not good for health.

Vegetarians and vegans live better, and are healthier. More and more people are converting.
Since my 13 years I eat very little meat, today I do not eat any at all, fish, milk and eggs too. And I'm doing very well. However it is difficult for me to eat in the restaurant, or fast food, even if there are vegetarian dishes, it remains restricted.

Here is my vision on food, so, Mr. Cox, did I convince you? cheers

See you
NT

Noëlie TESTON

Back to top Go down

Post by ludwig chamouleau Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:56 pm

Hi mister Cox,

It's very difficult to write after reading the text of Noëlie because as on full subject, we are identical !

I chose food because I have a lot of things to say about it. In my life, I fight for a lot of ideas and food is one of my priority !

Last year during my internship, I made the decision to change all my diet to finally correspond to my ethics. Firstly, I stopped eating meat at noon. And then, I finally discovered the pleasure of a slow and soft digestion, a life without bloating ... In 2 weeks, every my diet changed, I stopped eating meat totally !

It's important to Know : The man is not made to eat meat !
Many scientists have already demonstrated the properties of vegetarianism. Our organism is not that of a carnivore (our teeth, our stomach, our digestive tract too long). When we stop eating meat, our whole body has to change, will you tell me? And yes for a few days the body evacuates the negative materials of the meat, toxins for example. But when the body has finally been detoxified, your body takes its marks and you rediscover yourself.
also when I invite someone to my house.

Since September, this diet has become harder since I rarely eat alone. Be vegetarian is hard ! Then you eat with another people at restaurant also when I invite someone to my apartment.

See you tomorrow Smile

Ludwig C.

ludwig chamouleau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:30 am

Noëlie TESTON wrote:Hello Mister !

Ah ! Food, a great story !

To start I like everything that is useless to the body, frites, chips, cakes etc… I prefer the sweet.
As I do sports, I totally changed my diet for the more healthy to progress and achieve results. That is, I eat starches, vegetables, fruits… but something is missing, where is the meat? Fish ? Dairy products ?  Question

In my view, it’s difficult to kill an animal to eat it. It is a living being who feels fear, pain, attachment etc… Killing a pig, a chicken is like killing a cat or a dog to eat it. Why don’t we do it? It may be a good taste haha ! Oh ! Animals are also discriminated against.

You will tell me that it is for the intake of protein, iron, except that we can compensate with products of vegetable origin: soy, tofu, lentils, dry fruits etc ...

The subject of abattoirs is also very important, the way in which animals are killed, the agony of these poor beasts… I pass the details And these ignoble conditions affect our diet: We do not realize, but it's not healthy to eat that, it transmits diseases. I don’t eat meat and I'm never sick ... Coincidence? I don’t believe…  Evil or Very Mad
The human being is by definition vegetarian, it is not a predator:  it doesn’t have the physical strength nor the speed of movement etc. When you see a cow in a near, you say to yourself "oh I would do it well in steak" Nooo, I do not think. Our digestive system is absolutely not made to digest meat! Our intestines in particular is much too long, which creates problems of maceration and putrefaction. And I pass on arguments!  Very Happy

Eating meat was taught to us. Like milk. Milk and dairy products are not good for health.

Vegetarians and vegans live better, and are healthier. More and more people are converting.
Since my 13 years I eat very little meat, today I do not eat any at all, fish, milk and eggs too. And I'm doing very well. However it is difficult for me to eat in the restaurant, or fast food, even if there are vegetarian dishes, it remains restricted.

Here is my vision on food, so, Mr. Cox, did I convince you? cheers

See you
NT

I understand and sympathise with you views but I'm sorry to tell you that I eat meat. Not as much as when I was younger but I still love Duck and Lamb. Please forgive me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre-OlivierGROS Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:48 pm

Of course, I’m posting this topic just before lunch time. What better way of building up an appetite than a walk through some cuisines from around the world?
Oh, the food! Like any other Frenchman, I love to speak about food and especially great food well prepared to eat.
I had the opportunity to discover a few countries in the world and also, could be taste the gastronomic from all around the world. Without hesitation, I prefer Italian cooking.
Pastas, pizza, ice cream not only landscapes but also, lot of specialties indescribable with tomato, mozzarella or raw ham products. Accompanied of Italian cheese ever, a culinary true delight!
Most recently, I discovered the gastronomic of South-West of China. In the province of Yunnan (near Thaïland and Viêt-nam). A reputable region to have one of the highest qualities of tea, rice and tobacco (If you can smoke a Cuban cigar with 18 years old scotch whiskey when you eat, that is perfect!). That’s another world on the dividing line between reality and fantasy, far from occidental culture. This cooking is mainly rice or noodle based with little meat and lot of fantastic vegetables.
A very spicy healthy food. If this is red, in large quantities and it looks like a sweet pepper in your dish, you can call the nearest hospital to book a room tonight soon as possible.
Finish by the best EVER, the French gastronomy and far the best thing what you eat (surely the reason why they created Channel Tunnel). Some examples without details, they don’t need: Foie gras, Raclette and Fondue, mould French fries, famous crèpes and salted or sweetened.
To let, accompanied by red vine or white vine that we are the only to hold the secret.
Enjoy Yourself ! I’m going to join the kitchen henceforth and forever.

Pierre-OlivierGROS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum