UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The National Poetry Slam competition- 2016

3 posters

Go down

The National Poetry Slam competition- 2016  Empty The National Poetry Slam competition- 2016

Post by Habibakhairy Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:59 pm

The National Poetry Slam is the annual poetry slam championship tournament, wherein four-to five-person teams from all over North America and Europe gather to compete against each other for the national team title. The week-long festival is part championship tournament, part poetry summer camp, and part traveling exhibition. Staged in a different city each year, the National Poetry Slam has emerged as slam's highest-profile showcase.
Poetry slam is conventionally defined as the art of competitive performance poetry. Invented in the 1980s by a Chicago construction worker named Marc Smith. The Slam is a fast-paced competition where poets have a limited amount of time to impress judges randomly selected from the audience. Performers use all the tricks of storytelling, songwriting, theatre, stand-up comedy, and cold hard poetry to wheedle points out of the judges from 0.0 (terrible) to 10.0 (perfect!). Tell me what do you think about this competition
The video am going to share with you is untitled "Islamophobia" preformed on 2016 NPS Finals - San Diego

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

The National Poetry Slam competition- 2016  Empty Re: The National Poetry Slam competition- 2016

Post by Jamel O Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:17 am

<3<3<3<3<3 THanks Habiba !
Jamel O
Jamel O

Back to top Go down

The National Poetry Slam competition- 2016  Empty Re: The National Poetry Slam competition- 2016

Post by Habibakhairy Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:15 am

Jamel O wrote:<3<3<3<3<3 THanks Habiba !
you are most welcome jamel, thank you for your interest. It is just amazing how the presented the poem, when i saw for the first time i was surprised Very Happy

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Herry Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:30 am

wow this is amazing!
I didn't know such things existed, you see only chorals movie not about slam poetry but this is very powerful and effective. I really like it and their speach is flawless!

Emma Herry

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:04 pm

Emma Herry wrote:wow this is amazing!
I didn't know such things existed, you see only chorals movie not about slam poetry but this is very powerful and effective. I really like it and their speach is flawless!
Right !! Yea i was surprised too Emma. I agree when you said POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE , it can get to the people minds and hearts in order to open up their eyes about the facts that they are till this second denying and refusing to see it. Because deep down they know that this is the truth, the history , the facts of our daily basis lives.

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Herry Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:47 am

Habibakhairy wrote:
Emma Herry wrote:wow this is amazing!
Right !! Yea i was surprised too Emma. I agree when you said POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE , it can get to the people minds and hearts in order to open up their eyes about the facts that they are till this second denying and  refusing to see it. Because deep down they know that this is the truth, the history , the facts of our daily basis lives.

You're absolutly right!

Emma Herry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down