Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees

Post by MisterSTAPS on Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:24 am

Hi everyone.

I would like to talk to you about a search engine. This is not new but I didn't know it before so I wanted to share it with you.
The purpose is to (re)plant trees. When you make a researchs, profits are used for boosting the reforestation and to care for the environnement.

It's a simple "plug-in" you add to your current search engine. Since I use it, I have "replanted" 34 trees.

This operation is true, trees are really replanted BUT I am wondering if the working conditions are acceptables. I saw an other video but I can not find it. It's about the workers in the field, they were smiling, happy to do this job but I don't know if it's the true reality. Anyway, this is a good action. Here you go the video that introduce the concept of the company.

MisterSTAPS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees

Post by Jamel O on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:16 am

Oh cool subject mister Staps, i know this websearch, awesome. You have Lilo too, i appreciate these initiatives !

I don't use Google (i hate this company), i prefer Qwant for privacy and i use often lilo now !

Jamel O

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:31 pm

I've added it, now to get some trees planted. Very Happy
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterSTAPS on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:46 pm

Jamel O wrote:Oh cool subject mister Staps, i know this websearch, awesome. You have Lilo too, i appreciate these initiatives !

I don't use Google (i hate this company), i prefer Qwant for privacy and i use often lilo now !

Thank you Jamel. I hate Google as well for some reasons... But I'm still using it... I didn't know Qwant. I will try soon.

Are you using a special browser for your smartphone too? I am going to check on the store if a browser like Qwant exists.

MisterSTAPS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamel O on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 am

For my phone , i've downloaded Lilo App in AppStore and i use exclusively this app for my searches. Even you can go to settings on your phone , you can change the main web search for DuckDuckGo if you have an iPhone. DuckDuckGo is exaclty like Qwant, it's protects you privacy and doesn't track you.
Jamel O

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloïse B on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:09 am

I personally use Lilo on my computer and sometimes on my phone, I prefer it to Ecosia which I didn't know if I could trust. Lilo is awesome, check it out ! Very Happy

Eloïse B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Leclerc on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:11 am

I use ecosia, i like it but to be honest i don't understand at all how does it work or if it's really efficient... I guess i just try to reduce my google dependency Very Happy

Aurélie Leclerc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top