UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

band of brothers

Go down

band of brothers Empty band of brothers

Post by Thomas Papillon-Lamy Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:36 pm

hi, what's up?
i watched the first episode of Band of Brothers, it tell the stories of paratroopers in the Easy Company of the 101 airborne. it tell their life during the WW2, their mission in France, Netherland, Belgium and Germany. i find that serie very ineresting because it explain their pain, sadness and happiness and show us how the biggest military operation were a success like the DDay or the Ardenne battle thank's to a few man. The first episode explain their training in the military base in Géorgie. The military base named Tocoa. it explain too that the airborne was a new concept in the US army and the training was harder than the orther army corps, like the tank corps, Marines, the USAF and the NAVY. it's not a fiction everything is true because they ask to WW2 veteran of the Easy Company what happen during their mission, what did they do?... You see them at the beginning of each episode. One of them said Something who shocked me because he told: "i came from a small small town and everyone would like be volonteer and some of them are reformed. they commit sucide, a different time." How many people today will commit a sucide because the can't fight for defende their country or participated of a liberaton of a other one. Perhaps i make a mistake but i think that people prefer stay at home and see what's happening in the world on their tv, isn't it? it's more easier.
i chose this tv serie because this part of history interest me a lot and the actor are really good.
have nice day all Smile

Thomas Papillon-Lamy

Back to top Go down

band of brothers Empty Re: band of brothers

Post by Thomas Papillon-Lamy Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:24 am

hello, i wached the second episode of my serie, and it was particuly impressive, i told what happen during the night before the D-DAY. i told the story of paratroopers that night, their mission and their heroic action. it told also how 20 men save a lot of lives because the took canons au manoir de Brécourt which fired on Utah beach. It was big canon,88 german mm. The technical move that they used is still teach at westpoint military academie.

Thomas Papillon-Lamy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Papillon-Lamy Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:43 pm

The third episode told how the 101 airborn paratroopers took Carentan, it's a small town which is very important because it's the crossroad between Utah and omaha's road. This town was important for the german and américains because the one who contrôle this town can land their troops or push away the landing. the normandie was a really hard battle for all soldier. A special performance by Creed

Thomas Papillon-Lamy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Papillon-Lamy Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:50 pm

hello, the 4th episode of my serie talk about the operation market garden. this operation must liberate the occupied holland but it was failed. it was the biggest airborn mission of all war. the paratroopers of the 101 airnborn had to secure the road and bridges between eindoven and Arnhem, but german was waiting them. americain and English armies lost 18 000 mens whereas only 2000 german soldier were killed. it was a tactical supremacie for the german. after that the repression in holland but german army were horrible, and they didn't hesitated to kill civilian people because perhaps they helped the alies. It was a very interesting episode with a lot of information. it show me too taht even if it's the was you can be friendly, share a good time and creat great memories with your friends

Thomas Papillon-Lamy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Papillon-Lamy Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:12 pm

hello, the fourth episode of my series is talk about the battle of Ardenne. The ardenne forest is located is belgium. it was during the winter 1944 and it's the most difficult part of the war for many american paratroopers of the 101 airborn. because they went to the battle field without any warm cloths, munition, air support, tank and artillerie. they were alone.the temperature was really cold and a few of them died of cold. german were very armed because they used tank many tank. the US soldiers it was the hell. But the always hold the line and after 2 mounths of fight the general patton and his tank corps liberated the paratroopers and pushed away german. it was the last big battle of the world war 2.

Thomas Papillon-Lamy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Papillon-Lamy Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:17 pm

the last episode of my serie is when paratroopers arrivers the first to the eagle's nest of Hitler. it was located au austria. they took it without any fight because german armies surrendered. the city under Under hitler's house was empty because all civilian escaped. they escapted because they cannot say that they are not nazi.

Thomas Papillon-Lamy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum