Old TV shows

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Old TV shows

Post by TATIANA PICQ on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Since i have always been a huge TV series fan, i have decided to create a topic to talk about: TV SERIES!!!! Cool

So what were your favourites TV shows from your childhood and why?

avatar
TATIANA PICQ

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:33 pm

When I was young - like very young. My favourite TV series was Dr.Who



and Blakes Seven



Both Sci-fi series.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by TATIANA PICQ on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Doctor Who is one of my favourite Tv series of the time Very Happy However, i only know about the new incarnations of the Doctor: Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi.
I have never heard about Blakes seven before, i will try to watch it Wink
avatar
TATIANA PICQ

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by LORCA Maxime on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Very good choice Tatiana. When I were young my favorite series was ...

"In the eyes of a ranger,
The unsuspecting stranger,
Had better know the truth of wrong from right,
Cause the eyes of a ranger are upon you,
Any wrong you do, he's gonna see
When you're in Texas, look behind you,
Cause that's where the rangers gonna be."

Texas Ranger !!!!!

When the series was broadcast (I think it still is) I knew it was time to get into the sofa and do nothing. What series never envied having chuck norris as an actor. With him you could do anything, jump from a building, defuse a bomb at 1 second. Basically it was the strongest man.
But good it is sure that friends is also one of the series that I saw a lot ..

LORCA Maxime

Posts : 59
Join date : 2016-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by LORCA Maxime on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:48 pm


LORCA Maxime

Posts : 59
Join date : 2016-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by TATIANA PICQ on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:56 pm

I really enjoyed watching Walker, Texas Ranger as a kid, my favourite episode was the one with Sammo Hung because it was a crossover episode between Martial Law ( one of my all time favourite Tv series, i keep watching it over and over again!) and Walker, Texas Ranger!
avatar
TATIANA PICQ

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by Elise HIROUX on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:39 pm

I agree with you, I think that my favorite series was, when I was young,  "Walker Texas Ranger". I also like "Macgyver".



What happy memories ! Very Happy

Elise HIROUX

Posts : 68
Join date : 2016-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Now you've got me remembering TV series that I haven't thought of in a long time.

back in the 1960's Charlton Heston starred in a film called Planet of the apes which led to a series in the early 70's



And Richard Dean Anderson always reminds me of

avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by TATIANA PICQ on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Admin wrote:And Richard Dean Anderson always reminds me of
I am a big fan of Stargate SG-1, i have every season on DVD ( including the 2 movies: Stargate Continuum and Stargate the ark of truth). I even have action figures of Teal'c, Jack, Sam, Daniel and Vala. Smile.
Did you watch Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe? I really like Stargate Atlantis Smile ( I don't like Stargate Universe which i consider boring)  



Do you like the british tv series The Avengers? it was one of my favourites TV shows when i was younger, i used to watch it every weekend with my daddy.



Last edited by TATIANA PICQ on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
TATIANA PICQ

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:08 pm

I'm in full agreement with you Stargate Atlantis was even better than SG1 - Jason Momoa!! but I didn't manage to finish universe which was incredibly boring, even though I really liked a couple of the characters.

Yeah I watched the Avengers - so 60's.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by Maïa HERVE on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:43 pm

I've never watched any of the series you guys mentionned haha :p As for me I mostly watched telenovelas when I was young because that's what the trend was in Ivory Coast.
I only remember one, it was called Milagro. I remember it because my mother used it to force my brother to eat his vegetables : if he wanted to watch it he had to finish his plate every day.

Maïa HERVE

Posts : 24
Join date : 2016-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by ClaytonThibeaud on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:58 pm

Admin wrote:When I was young - like very young. My favourite TV series was Dr.Who



and Blakes Seven



Both Sci-fi series.

Oh my god, John... This Doctor is too old for me... I'd just start to watch this mitic serie when it was David Tennant as Doctor!

ClaytonThibeaud

Posts : 30
Join date : 2016-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by ClaytonThibeaud on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:04 pm

That's a good idea Tatiana had got !
So, everyone knows this series?!
This was with Fran Drescher (the first and the last in which she played...)

ClaytonThibeaud

Posts : 30
Join date : 2016-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by Angélique on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:36 pm

During my childhood, I watched a lot of series like Walker Texas Ranger, MacGyver, Friends. In especially with my parents. In fact, we had a ritual the Sunday : we looked "Walker Texas Ranger" by eating chicken and fries, every Sunday, it was our ritual. I loved look MacGyver because he always found solutions to the problems. I watched Beverly Hills, Charmed, 7 à la maison and totalement jumelles too !

But I also watched lot of girly series on Kd2a on France 2 : Foudre, Coeur océan, Nos années pensions, Lizzie McGuire, Sabrina l'apprenti sorcière,  Sister Sister, Derek, Phénomène Raven. I remember that I put my alarm clock not to miss the beginning of the series ! Laughing I was crazy to sacrifice my sleep to look at my series ! It was the good old days ...  I love you

I realize that I really looked at many things ! I also had more time, it was every on Wednesday and Saturday morning !
avatar
Angélique

Posts : 53
Join date : 2016-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by Elise HIROUX on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:37 am

Thanks to our post Angélique, you reminded me that I watched the series you mentionned. I was a fan of Kd2a on France 2. I think that Foudre was my favorite. Like you, I put an alarm in order to wake up earlier because I didn't have lessons on wednesday. We were a little bit crazy Laughing

Elise HIROUX

Posts : 68
Join date : 2016-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by florian A. on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:10 pm

When i was young, i watched a lot Charmed with the 3 witches !! And recently i find an article with the return of the series Very Happy If the series come back, maybe i will watch it for the nostalgia.

http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/France-Monde/Actualite/People/n/Contenus/Articles/2016/03/08/La-serie-Charmed-bientot-de-retour-2646447

I watched "Nick Cutter et les portes du temps" (that was one of my favorite series), Desperate Hoosewives, Mr Bean, Doctor Who, Next, Secret story, ...

florian A.

Posts : 62
Join date : 2016-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by Aurélie Mertz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:16 pm

Oh my god!!!! Mc Gyver and Walker texas Ranger!!! I used to watch this on sunday afternoon. Great time.
On saturday I was watching "la trilogie du samedi" on M6, with Charmed and Buffy!!

Aurélie Mertz

Posts : 62
Join date : 2016-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by Aurélie Mertz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:24 pm

Denver!!!! I just remember this! It is not a TV serie, but I loved watching this

Aurélie Mertz

Posts : 62
Join date : 2016-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by Noémie Pieruccioni on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:31 pm

[quote="Admin"]When I was young - like very young. My favourite TV series was Dr.Who

You can actually see old Dr Who episodes again every day around 8pm on a French TNT channel (but i can't remember which one) if you're too nostalgic Wink

My favourite old series are, The Nanny because i find Fran Drescher sooo funny, and i never get tired of seeing this serie over and over again). The second one is Code Lyoko! (maybe for the music aha). When i was younger, i really liked the concpet that involves a group of friends who are actually superheroes in a virtual world by killing vilains who actually threat the real world (by taking possession of humans' bodies)
And for sure Charmed !!!! I love Phoebe aha!

Noémie Pieruccioni

Posts : 49
Join date : 2016-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by Maxime SABOUREAU on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:14 pm

Very good topic ! When I was younger I used to watch The Nanny like Clayton Haha, and also 7th Heaven, Charmed, Dawson's Creek, Step by Step, The Pretender, Little House on the prairie Haha OMG It's was a good time !
Those opening credits Laughing :




Lots of memories !
avatar
Maxime SABOUREAU

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by TATIANA PICQ on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:49 pm

Maxime SABOUREAU wrote:Very good topic ! When I was younger I used to watch The Nanny like Clayton Haha, and also 7th Heaven, Charmed, Dawson's Creek, Step by Step, The Pretender, Little House on the prairie Haha OMG It's was a good time !

I used to watch the Nanny too and i keep rewatching it each year. I love this TV series! I think it's the only TV series where i like every single character.
I was also a big fan of Charmed and The Pretender, i do remember watching the finale episode of Charmed when it aired on M6 and feeling sad. Thanksfully, Charmed continue as a comic series Smile

However, i was very dissappointed by the way the Pretender ended, so many unsolved questions!
avatar
TATIANA PICQ

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by TATIANA PICQ on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:06 pm

Aurélie wrote:On saturday I was watching "la trilogie du samedi" on M6, with Charmed and Buffy!!

I was actually doing the same thing, each saturday evening i was watching what used to be called "la trilogie du samedi". However, at that time i was only watching Smallville and Charmed. Actually, i started watching Buffy (and Angel! Smile ) five years ago.  



Aurélie Mertz wrote:Denver!!!! I just remember this! It is not a TV serie, but I loved watching this

What a good choice of opening credits, i was a big fan of Denver the last dinosaur!
avatar
TATIANA PICQ

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by TATIANA PICQ on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:29 pm

ClaytonThibeaud wrote:This was with Fran Drescher (the first and the last in which she played...)

Actually, you are wrong. Before and after the end of the Nanny , Fran Drescher appeared on several tv series even though she is best-known for playing  Fran Fine. For instance, she was the main character of  Living with Fran (2005) and Happily Divorced (2013). Just in case you're wondering, yes, i have watched these Tv series  Smile


avatar
TATIANA PICQ

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by MU Jiejie on Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:32 am

TATIANA PICQ wrote:Doctor Who is one of my favourite Tv series of the time Very Happy However, i only know about the new incarnations of the Doctor: Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi.
I have never heard about Blakes seven before,   i will try to watch it Wink

Doctor who! It's also one of my favorite TV series. I have watch that when I was in high school. It was recommended by teacher in a classe of the culture american and english. It's was so wonderful! However, I only watched the first saison, doctor Christopher Eccleston. I loved him so much that I haven't continued when he was taken the place in the saison 2.

MU Jiejie

Posts : 31
Join date : 2016-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by Candy Kouadio on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:35 pm

When I was young I watched "Charmed". I think many of you known and watched this series. It was my favorite series Very Happy  !!! I liked this series because of the story (three sisters who have a power, who are witches and who fight against daemons). With my sister and my cousin we played the role of these three witches. I was Pipper who had as power to stabilize people in time, my sister was Phoebe who have as the premonition power and my cousin was Prue who had as power to move people or objects with her eyes. Now I find it's a ridiculous series but when I was young I was always in front of my TV to wait my new episode Very Happy



My second series is "Veronica Mars" (not very old series). It was my favorite series when I was in high school. I liked the story and music too.

avatar
Candy Kouadio

Posts : 34
Join date : 2016-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old TV shows

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum