UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tv series to recommend or not.

+11
Morais.Cécilia
Julie Stoerkler
Elise HIROUX
Morgane HEURTEUX LEFEVRE
Ekrem.K
Aurélie Mertz
Noémie Pieruccioni
ClaytonThibeaud
florian A.
Loris SEDEAUD
Admin
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tv series to recommend or not. Empty Tv series to recommend or not.

Post by Admin Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:58 am

I've just started watching a series called Taboo starring Tom Hardy and the first 2 episodes have been very good. It's based in London 1813 and the story of a strange man returned from Africa because of the death of his father. It involves the East India company and the war between England and America.

A second series that I strongly recommend is Peaky Blinders (it might be more for guys than girls but the main male actor is very attractive). This is set in England in 1919 and centres on a family gang running illegal betting in Birmingham and their attempts to grow their influence.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Tv series to recommend or not. Empty Re: Tv series to recommend or not.

Post by Loris SEDEAUD Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:21 pm

I agree with John, Peaky blinders is a great series!
The tension rises crescendo, we must cling to the beginning

I recently watched the English series "Utopia", this is a finished series and short enough, and really very original !
Loris SEDEAUD
Loris SEDEAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by florian A. Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:18 pm

I heard some good things about Peaky Blinders Very Happy Is it a series about some gang in Ireland in the 19e century maybe 20e century ?

What is the story of "utopia" ?

florian A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loris SEDEAUD Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:40 pm

In England, and yes, with razor blades in the cap Twisted Evil

It's a thriller around a comic strip which tells of an apocalypse which is born, there are states conspiracies and murders. It's farfetched, but very well written, with good music and a beautiful framing
Loris SEDEAUD
Loris SEDEAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaytonThibeaud Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:47 pm

John, If you like silly humor, you can try to watch '' Rick & Morty ''. This is a short serie (2 x 10 episods). It's a cartoon about a boy and his grand father, who live a lot of adventures in the space. But this is a world so dumb that it is funny !
ClaytonThibeaud
ClaytonThibeaud

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaytonThibeaud Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Ah and about a not-recommanded serie, you couldn't watch ''Le destin de Lisa'' !! This is a copy of Ugly Betty with less humor and more ''romantism/drama... That's so booooring...
ClaytonThibeaud
ClaytonThibeaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Noémie Pieruccioni Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:27 pm

"Le destin de Lisa" Clayton you killed me !ahaha
But the worst in that is the fact that i used to like this series when i was very young and looking back to ot i just don't understand how interested and involved i was in it.

Personnaly i don't have a series to recommend as i'm not a series girl ...

Noémie Pieruccioni

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Mertz Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:03 pm

ClaytonThibeaud wrote:John, If you like silly humor, you can try to watch '' Rick & Morty ''. This is a short serie (2 x 10 episods). It's a cartoon about a boy and his grand father, who live a lot of adventures in the space. But this is a world so dumb that it is funny !
I need to watch this serie, a friend of mine told me to watch it!

Aurélie Mertz

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Mertz Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:06 pm

ClaytonThibeaud wrote:Ah and about a not-recommanded serie, you couldn't watch ''Le destin de Lisa'' !! This is a copy of Ugly Betty with less humor and more ''romantism/drama... That's so booooring...
ahahahah "le destin de Lisa", "Ugly Betty" is much more better! Well, it's funnier, "le destin de Lisa" is a bit more dramatic. I used to watch it with my best friend after High School, we were making fun of this serie but it was kind of addictive...

Aurélie Mertz

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Mertz Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:09 pm

Loris SEDEAUD wrote:I agree with John, Peaky blinders is a great series!
The tension rises crescendo, we must cling to the beginning

I recently watched the English series "Utopia", this is a finished series and short enough, and really very original !

I started Pinky Blinders last year, but I forgot to finish it. I think I'll watch this serie tonight.
About Utopia, I tried to watch it but I found it very weird, but this was 2 or 3 years ago I think, so maybe if II watch it now I may like it.... Don't know...

Aurélie Mertz

Back to top Go down

Post by florian A. Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Aurélie Mertz wrote:
ClaytonThibeaud wrote:Ah and about a not-recommanded serie, you couldn't watch ''Le destin de Lisa'' !! This is a copy of Ugly Betty with less humor and more ''romantism/drama... That's so booooring...
ahahahah "le destin de Lisa", "Ugly Betty" is much more better! Well, it's funnier, "le destin de Lisa" is a bit more dramatic. I used to watch it with my best friend after High School, we were making fun of this serie but it was kind of addictive...

Addictive ? I was looking this series when i was young but only because i only have the 6 first channels and the others series was really bad Wink Did you really like this series ?

florian A.

Back to top Go down

Post by florian A. Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Loris SEDEAUD wrote:In England, and yes, with razor blades in the cap Twisted Evil

It's a thriller around a comic strip which tells of an apocalypse which is born, there are states conspiracies and murders. It's farfetched, but very well written, with good music and a beautiful framing

In england? Ok i will remember it Very Happy

Utopia is fast to watch ? How much seasons are out ?

florian A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loris SEDEAUD Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:55 am

Thanks to this forum, I see that there are many films and series fans in the class.
I can advise you a site, it’s a dedicated social network : senscritique
You can note the series / movies you saw and according to your tastes, new ones are suggested.
You can inform which episode you stopped to not be lost.
You can also add other members according to common tastes, called “Pathfinders” and discover their database of films / series.
Ah, there are also contests and random draw as soon as a film goes out to the cinema, the percentage of success is strong, I received 12 times a card, this card is worth 2 places in all the rooms of France.
And you can do a lot of other things. I use it for 2 years, and now I can’t do without it !
For those interested in creating an account, add me : https://www.senscritique.com/Louliche
Loris SEDEAUD
Loris SEDEAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Loris SEDEAUD Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:59 am

florian A. wrote:
Loris SEDEAUD wrote:In England, and yes, with razor blades in the cap Twisted Evil

In england? Ok i will remember it Very Happy

Utopia is fast to watch ? How much seasons are out ?

Very fast Flo, it's composed of 2 seasons of 6 episodes, I ate it in one week
Loris SEDEAUD
Loris SEDEAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:59 am

Loris SEDEAUD wrote:Thanks to this forum, I see that there are many films and series fans in the class.
I can advise you a site, it’s a dedicated social network : senscritique
You can note the series / movies you saw and according to your tastes, new ones are suggested.
You can inform which episode you stopped to not be lost.
You can also add other members according to common tastes, called “Pathfinders” and discover their database of films / series.
Ah, there are also contests and random draw as soon as a film goes out to the cinema, the percentage of success is strong, I received 12 times a card, this card is worth 2 places in all the rooms of France.
And you can do a lot of other things. I use it for 2 years, and now I can’t do without it !
For those interested in creating an account, add me : https://www.senscritique.com/Louliche

I'll check it out.

I use a similar site recommended by an ex CEPE student - Betaseries.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Loris SEDEAUD Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:53 pm

Admin wrote:I use a similar site recommended by an ex CEPE student - Betaseries.

I also know it, but from a personal point of view, I find the interface a little too complicated and impersonal

I started a new series yesterday, called 3%. It's a recent series, and a Brazilian one, It's a world divided in two continents, on one side the poor, and the other the rich, which represent 3% of the world's population. To access the rich continent, the poor clash around intellectual tests, manual tests etc ... I only saw two episodes, it's very mysterious, but it has potential !
Loris SEDEAUD
Loris SEDEAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Mertz Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:34 pm

Loris SEDEAUD wrote:
Admin wrote:I use a similar site recommended by an ex CEPE student - Betaseries.

I also know it, but from a personal point of view, I find the interface a little too complicated and impersonal

I started a new series yesterday, called 3%. It's a recent series, and a Brazilian one, It's a world divided in two continents, on one side the poor, and the other the rich, which represent 3% of the world's population. To access the rich continent, the poor clash around intellectual tests, manual tests etc ... I only saw two episodes, it's very mysterious, but it has potential !

It sounds interesting, I think I'll watch it! =]

Aurélie Mertz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekrem.K Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:00 pm

I think many of you know this serie but I started to look Narcos, It's a short serie of 2 season and 20 episodes but It's really attractive, most for men, It tell the story of pablo escobar and the mafia of cocaine with a battle with the republic of Colombia.

Ekrem.K

Back to top Go down

Post by florian A. Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Ekrem.K wrote:I think many of you know this serie but I started to look Narcos, It's a short serie of 2 season and 20 episodes but It's really attractive, most for men, It tell the story of pablo escobar and the mafia of cocaine with a battle with the republic of Colombia.

I heard lot of good things about Narco, i think i will begin it soon.

florian A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgane HEURTEUX LEFEVRE Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:53 pm

I watch Bates Motel and Misfits.

"Bates Motel" is a contemporary prequel to the genre-defining film "Psycho," and gives a portrayal of how Norman Bates' (Freddie Highmore) psyche unravels through his teenage years. Fans discover the dark, twisted backstory of Norman Bates and how deeply intricate his relationship with his mother, Norma (Vera Farmiga), truly is.
- Written by A&E Television Networks "

And Misfits is an english's series. The summary is: " Misfits is a British science fiction comedy-drama television show, on E4, about a group of young offenders sentenced to work in a community service programme, where they obtain supernatural powers after a strange electrical storm. The show premiered on 12 November 2009 and concluded on 11 December 2013 in its fifth series." Usually, I don't like science fiction but I loved this series

I like so much these two series but I have already finished!

Morgane HEURTEUX LEFEVRE

Back to top Go down

Post by Elise HIROUX Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:34 am

Hi !

I'm not a series fan ... I can't recommand you. Recently, I only watched Stranger Things but we have already spoken of it in an other topic. Smile
Elise HIROUX
Elise HIROUX

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Stoerkler Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:27 am

I think that the series I whatched are not really the type of series that you all watched...
But if I had to recommand one, it is "Scorpion". The saison 3 is broadcast on M6 all Thursday !

This is a groupe of 5 gifted person which work for the government. And they have a lot of crazy missions.
Julie Stoerkler
Julie Stoerkler

Back to top Go down

Post by Morais.Cécilia Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Right now apart from walking dead I didn't look a lot of series, so this is the only one I would recommend XD
Morais.Cécilia
Morais.Cécilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Angélique Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:38 pm

This weekend I watched " Riverdale" ! This series is AMAZING ! It's a mix between Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars, for the moment there are 7 episodes. It's an American series, the scene takes place in Riverdale, and there are a lot of secrets between characters. Moreover, one character dies at the beginning of the series but we don't know how. A big mystery turn around this death.

I loved Pretty Little Liars but this series is just as good ! I recommend it !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XmFTADupMc
Angélique
Angélique

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlène Deslandes Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:36 pm

I began an episod of Peaky Blinders and I was alone... not a good idea !! But I will start watching Riverdale because, apparently, it's a good TV series.

Charlène Deslandes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next