UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your ideas for the "other" 90 mins of English time

+14
Julien Platard
ClaytonThibeaud
Ekrem.K
Luping
Charlotte ILIOU
Bertin pauline
Elise HIROUX
Imane Kaffal
florian A.
MU Jiejie
Aurélie Lecesne
alexandre juskiewenski
Charlène Deslandes
Admin
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your ideas for the "other" 90 mins of English time - Page 2 Empty Re: Your ideas for the "other" 90 mins of English time

Post by Aurélie Mertz Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:19 am

I agree with Anne-Mary about the fact to talk about news. Maybe we could watch BBC news and then debate about what we saw and understood.

Aurélie Mertz

Back to top Go down

Your ideas for the "other" 90 mins of English time - Page 2 Empty Re: Your ideas for the "other" 90 mins of English time

Post by Admin Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Aurélie Mertz wrote:I agree with Anne-Mary about the fact to talk about news. Maybe we could watch BBC news and then debate about what we saw and understood.

sounds another good idea to me. BBC or CNN or any other english speaking news site.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by LORCA Maxime Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Only one that can be quite bad during the 90 minutes out of class, it would be to propose a central debate that pleases at everyone. And that we design different parties and each student represents a part with ideas and he has to defend them as best he can. It was an exercise that I had been able to do in Bilbao, Spain, and I have very good memories of it, because it takes a lot of vocabulary and ideas, which are very important for me to take into account for future interviews which we have to prepare.

LORCA Maxime

Back to top Go down

Post by Flora Taldir Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Yeah for me it's a good idea talking about news i guess it won't arm anyone to talk about the world ^^ and specially we could improove our vocabulary from our confort zone.
Flora Taldir
Flora Taldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Last year all the sessions were news based. I just thought I'd open it up to anything you wanted to do to increase the learning potential.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2