UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First week discussion topic - Group 1 - My favourite TV series.

+13
Clémence Giraud
Melody Gazengel
Gendry Marceline
Virginie Auclair
Vincent Balthazar
maelys fouche
marie brachet
Florine Bouchet
BROSSET Céline
Andrea AROSTEGUY
Mayra Fernandes
Gwenaelle Hatchi
Admin
17 posters

Go down

First week discussion topic - Group 1 - My favourite TV series. Empty First week discussion topic - Group 1 - My favourite TV series.

Post by Admin Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:00 pm

This is the thread for group 1 to discuss their favourite tv series. Over to you...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

First week discussion topic - Group 1 - My favourite TV series. Empty Re: First week discussion topic - Group 1 - My favourite TV series.

Post by Gwenaelle Hatchi Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:55 pm

Eh.. ! To answer, my favorite serie is Quantico.
Why ? For many reasons : Firstly, the type, because I love when F.B.I is in action like they use weapons and follows investigation ; all episode ends of season 1, give asap make you want to see the next episode.
Secondly, I like the fact to be transported at different times (Present and past) to understand the outcome.
So, if you like a serie of action and a little suspense, I advice this serie. (Season 1 : 22 episodes)
Gwenaelle Hatchi
Gwenaelle Hatchi

Back to top Go down

First week discussion topic - Group 1 - My favourite TV series. Empty Re: First week discussion topic - Group 1 - My favourite TV series.

Post by Mayra Fernandes Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:40 pm

I also love Quantico! I can't wait for season 3 to start.
I like it because we can never tell exactly who's the good or bad guy, and everybody tries to hide their issues from the past to show they are good enough to be in the FBI. In each episode, we discover something new that changes the things we've known so far. It's a very good tv show!

Other TV show that I love watching is Designated Survivor, a Netflix original. It begins when all the political leaders from USA are killed in a terrorism attack at the Capitollium, except Tom Kirkman, (government official urban planner) who wasn't there. He becomes automatically the new and least qualified president of USA. However there's no time to learn, he has to deal with everything at the same time: discover who was responsable for the attack, rebuild the government and run the country. The first season has a lot of action and plot twists, for those who enjoy politics and investigation it's a good choice.

Mayra Fernandes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:59 pm

This year I really enjoyed new series Stranger Things, Taboo and Westworld, as well as new seasons of Peaky Blinders, Vikings and Happy Valley.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea AROSTEGUY Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Hey guys !
Your TV series are very interesting ! Maybe I will watch them soon Smile
Designated Survivor is in the same context as Homeland. Homeland is cool but a quite boring after the season 3... This is why I stopped to watch it.

Well, my favourite Tv serie is Breaking Bad ! Because the story is great and also captivate !

So, it's men, who live in Albuquerque. The story takes place in New-Mexico in the United-States. He's a chemistry teacher and he has a wife and one children. He likes his job and lives a normal life until he learns that he has a cancer... So, he's afraid and he decides to ensure the future of his family without him... So, he decides to sell drugs and more especially methamphetamine. And, like he's a chemistry professional, it's him who making the drug with a friend helping him.
But... in the hand, his brother-in-law works in the police, more exactly in the drugs service (DEA). And, in other hand, he begins to delight in doing this illegal activity even if, he puts his family and all of people around him in danger.

In conclusion, this show was very fascinating ! It was 4:00 a.m and I was always watching it ! Very Happy
We always want to know what's happened, how the characters will change... So I recommend this show without any doubt !!!
Andrea AROSTEGUY
Andrea AROSTEGUY

Back to top Go down

Post by BROSSET Céline Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:15 pm

Hey fellas! Razz
Hope you're doing well ! Cool
I didn't watch Quantico yet, but I'll put it on my list ! I'll probably watch it after Peaky Blinders Wink !
I can't really choose which are my favorite TV series but I'm fond of The Office, BoJack Horseman, Rick & Morty, Stranger Things, Westworld (Oh my god, Ford you're the best!), Twin Peaks, and Desperate Housewives.
This year, I've also discovered (quite belatedly I assume...!) "Doctor Who", and I really liked it !
I'm sure I'll not prove my originality in this post (sad thing...) but, like most of people, I love Game Of Thrones, although I was kind of disappointed by the last season...! I found many inconsistencies in this one, especially in the timeline.
Andrea : I'm so in love with Breaking Bad too ! I've watched the five seasons in only two weeks!

Have a nice week end, and see yu on Monday ! Very Happy
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Back to top Go down

Post by Florine Bouchet Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi everybody !

For my part, I never be disappointed by an episode of Desperate Housewives or Gossip Girl and I think that I'm not the only one because there are many seasons...

On a different note, I also liked watching all the seasons of How I met your mother because characters and their adventures are so funny and it's also captivating because the suspens around "who is Ted's wife?" (the principal character), last at the end of the nineteen season ! HIMYM really looks like Friends and I think these TV series allow to share good moments and laughing with family or friends on Sunday.

Finally, I loved the first seasons of One Upon a Time. In fact, the show takes place in a fictional seaside town called "Storybrooke", whose residents are characters from various fairy tales like The Beauty and the Beast, Snow White or Little Red Riding Hood, transported in our world without magic...

And what about you ? Do you like these TV series ? Smile

Florine Bouchet

Back to top Go down

Post by marie brachet Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Hello Smile

Your TV series look very interesting ! Personally I prefer historical series like reign or outlander. Reign is a serie about Mary Stuart, Queen of Scotland and Outlander is a historical serie but also a fantastic serie because it links magic and history (about the Scotland revolution in 1743). I like historic series because it is a fun way to learn about history : there is a story, humour, suspense and appealing characters. However, historical series are loosely based on history. Therefore, they are not entirely right about historical facts.
But I would like to watch other types of TV series. Indeed, the handmade tale's, a science fiction serie looks very interesting. It takes place in the future in a totalitarian society and talks about women conditions. Fertility rates collapse as a result of sexually transmitted diseases and environmental pollution so women loose their rights and their role becomes only reproduction. It makes you think about the future!

marie brachet

Back to top Go down

Post by maelys fouche Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:48 pm

Hi guys!

I also love historical series like vikings or the Tudors! I've been thinking that you can learn easily historic facts at watching historical series. Now, I know a lot of things about Henri VIII and his reign.

Personally I really liked Black Mirror. Every episode has not the same settings and realities what I find quite interesting. It takes place in a society of technologies and the screewriter wanted to show us how people consider technologies as a drug. I'm pretty agreed with that and what he tried to describe! Maybe in the future people would do nothing without technologies so we have to be aware of what the world could be in the coming years. My favourite episode was this one with people who tried to get in a singing contest.

I also loved American Horror story. Sometimes people think that serie is like horror movie (I've been thinking that also) but for me is more like thriller. My two favourite seasons were the first one and the season with Lady Gaga because there is a lot of action played. The actors played very well, almost every actors have played in every seasons but each seasons are different (not the same story) which is super cool!!

So I don't about your tastes, maybe you like the same series as me. Let me know if you think similar. Very Happy
maelys fouche
maelys fouche

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Balthazar Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:12 pm

Hi everybody !

American horror story is one of my favorite series, but according to me the season with Lady Gaga is the worst because of the scenario. It wasn't as good as the others seasons. The season's finale wasn't good enough too. I was very disappointed because I love Lady Gaga and maybe I expected more...
For me, American Horror Story : Asylum (season 2) was the greatest. It mix many different topics that don't usually match like : homosexuality, religion, serial killer, nazism, discrimination, perversion !
Now the season 7 (American Horror Story : Cult) begin, so if other people watch this series, maybe you can tell me what you think about this season Very Happy

However, my favorite series, the 1st one of my heart is Sense8. In my opinion, the story is a little bit fantastic but it's really credible ! Moreover, the values about respect, tolerance, acceptation... are very important to me. For example, there is a transgender character : Nomi Marks. We understand all that she has been through since her transformation, like how his parents "accept" her like she is. People should have to be careful about what they say about transgender people.

Tell me if you know these series Surprised
Vincent Balthazar
Vincent Balthazar

Back to top Go down

Post by Virginie Auclair Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:53 am

Hi!

I aslo like Black Mirror, I have not finished all the seasons but but it is very interesting and realistic. This series shows the effect of technologies on our daily life. It can be considered futuristic but some technologies are invented today.

Personally I love The Walking Dead, this is a series of horror and drama American is the story of Rick Grimes who wakes up from a coma of several weeks to discover that the population is affected by an epidemic that turns humans into living dead. He becomes the leader of the group of survivors and must live alongside the living dead and other survivors who are sometimes more dangerous.
I like it because it always has suspense with endearing characters and the special effects are well done.

What a Face
Virginie Auclair
Virginie Auclair

Back to top Go down

Post by Gendry Marceline Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi !
All yours TV series look interesting. I also like quantico, because I like action series.
But, my favourite serie is Criminal Minds, because I love police series. Criminal Minds, is a team of profilers who study the behaviors and the tortured spirits of the most dangerous criminals in the country. I like the psychological aspect, and try to understand the serial killers. Also, the actors are great, but I'm a little bit disappointed about the departure of Shemar Moore in the season 11.
I like too, the historical series, like Reign, because it's easier to learn a bit of history by watching a series Smile
Gendry Marceline
Gendry Marceline

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody Gazengel Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi there Smile I agree with Maelys and Virginie about Black Mirror, personnaly I love so much the fact that each episode has its own cast and scenario!
I find the scenarios very catchy, and sometimes when I'm thinking so much about it, I have nightmares! So to prevent that I feel me bad before sleep I watch an other serie, sooo french called "Fais pas ci, Fais pas ca" and more funny!! I love this series, with good replicas and lot of humor by Mr. Lepic! Unfortunately this isn't going to help me to improve my English so if you have a similar series in English, I am interested !!

Melody Gazengel

Back to top Go down

Post by Clémence Giraud Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Hey !

As Maelys and Marie I like historical series, my favorites TV series are inspired by the real-life facts as Narcos or House of Cards.
I also like watching gangster TV series like Peaky Blinders and I recommend strongly this one. The Peaky Blinders is a family gang who lives in Birmingham and operate in the city. The serie begins just after the first world war and show how the Shelby family will expand their criminal organization from Birmingham to London.
I love this TV serie especially because the cast is great (Cillian Murphy is perfect to embody the main role of the serie Embarassed ) and the place (Birmingham in the inter-war period) and landscape are well done, it feel like we are in the serie, it's very captivating ! Also the soundtrack is very cool ! (if you want to listen it's Red Right Hand, Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds Wink ).

I'm not a big fan of science fiction series but with your good comments on black mirror I think I will start the serie soon ! Cool

Last edited by Clémence Giraud on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Clémence Giraud
Clémence Giraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Eudes de Geyer d'Orth Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi Guys,

I am really glad to speak you about my favorite serie Very Happy
In my opinion the best serie ever is House of Cards
In this serie, you follow the adventures of Frank Underwood, a democratic politician who should have become a secretary of state,
but the new president recently elected had a change of mind and asks him to stay in the parliament.
Frank accept in spite of his disagreement, but he begins to make devilish plots and make burst scandals to rise in the hierarchy of the american government Cool
To succeed in his will of power, he is supported by his wife claire. They form both the most demonic couple wich i was able to see in my life !

At the beginning, i didn't want to watch this serie. Politics never was my cup of tea ... But when i started House of Cards i quickly understood that this serie is not about political stories but rather how a man is ready for anything to have what he want !

In House of Cards, the main character is the bad guy and you love watch him do really really bad thing. That is why i love this serie, it is not conventional.

Frank Underwood is played by Kevin Spacey, a famous actor (he played in the movies the usual suspects, Seven ...) and he won the golden globe of the best actor for his performance in House of Cards. He plays so well that when someone asks me for the name of an american politician i respond "Frank Underwood Cool ".

I hope that I've given you the desire to watch this serie, i swear you that you don't regret it.
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth

Back to top Go down

Post by adeline fort Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi everyone !

I read all your posts and some makes me want to watch new series ! Wink

I don't have "favorite serie" but I like girly's series like Gossip Girl, because it's about gossip (and all girls love to tell gossip Very Happy), and fashion, etc...
But I can also watch Scandal (I don't know if you know it) to see more action and suspense !
And I will now think about the next serie to watch, who can mix action, suspense and girly's things !

adeline fort

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Bonnaffous Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi everybody !
For my part I am rather "old series" or series of girls !!
I like to repeat episodes of Brothers Scott, Desperate Housewives, Gossip Girl, Devious Maid or American wives!
I do not really have favorite series, I like to watch everything and I find it hard to follow a whole series I'm rather film!
On the other hand, I hate the series with action, blood, zombies or things like that Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead!
From time to time, I watch series with vampire like Vampires Diaries but must not be too afraid I am a "frightened"!

Manon Bonnaffous

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsess91 Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:40 am

I would say, all the series by Andrew Yeatman available on Netflix are amazing. I am glad my sister showed the shows to me. I can see my kids learning a lot because of his shows. The entertainment and literacy content is mind blowing in it.

Elsess91

http://worldscreen.com/tvkids/tag/andy-yeatman/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down