Week 2 discussion - shootings / guns

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Week 2 discussion - shootings / guns

Post by Aian on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi everybody
I really don't like this situation in the world. Doesn't matter how big was shooting, shooting is already tragedy. So what we have: the USA is blamed on it. In my holy opinion, they have to change their constitution, disallow carrying guns and weapons. There are many negatives consequences of gouvernement's decisions. As we have statistiques, we are able to say that the USA has the biggest number of deaths because of same situations. The more gun you have, the more victimes you have. I think, children have got to be educated that a violence is not a "usual, normal" thing since their childhood. And the directors should care about future of students, not just to have a goal of finishing educating and then students will do whatever they want. As for me, people shouldn't be armed, gun is an instrument of submission. Or sometimes, of course, we are in trouble and the only way to defend yourself is to use gun. But it's going to be a chaos. On russian language there is just one word for two definitions like "world" and "piece", do you understand what i mean and what i want to explain? As for the ways of solving this problem: maybe i'm too naive or what but i'd propose to create some centres, departements in every "region" managing selling of gun. Why is it so impossible to receive a visa to the USA but so easy to have the gun? Is it normal? Of course no. I realise, there are too many thoughts, too many religions, too many other different points of characters of people BUT the gouvernement got to solve this problem. Maybe they should spend more money on trying ban guns than purchasing and making all types of it? And, in the end, i agree that a police should be armed because they have to defent people if necessaire. But the gun has to be used properly, not for fun and not for showing a power or authority.

Aian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by euniceL3 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:00 am

Hi,
i don't think that any country should grant a right to wear or to possess a weapon.
Even if some people think it's a way to protect themselves, the fact that weapons are accessible to everyone increases the mortality rate in a country, for example, if the weapon is in the hands of a child or a person with a psychological disorder, this may endanger the people around them.
And i think that the arming of the municipal police of france is understandable, because policians need to protect themselves but also to protect the population if they are in danger.

euniceL3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieREYNAUD on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:37 am

Hi everybody,
for me it's just unthinkable to arm the municipal police.
This measure takes place in a climate of fear of terrorism and a state of emergency that is prolonged.
The stated goal is to reassure people, but in fact it only fuels people's fear.
Everyone sees today that the American model on weapons is a failure, and today we try to do the same: arm people who do not have to be armed to defend themselves, and defend us.
I think wearing a weapon is a heavy responsibility, and we have to think carefully about who can be given it.

MarieREYNAUD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top