UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Series - Once upon a time (season 1)

2 posters

Go down

Series - Once upon a time (season 1) Empty Series - Once upon a time (season 1)

Post by Charlotte Vergnaud Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:05 pm

I'm going to talk about the series "Once upon a time".

Once Upon a Time is a fantastic American TV series.

There is a city in Storybrooke where all the characters in the fairy tales of our childhood are trapped between two worlds. They are all under the influence of a terrible curse, thrown by a wicked queen. Only one person can break the curse.

Charlotte Vergnaud

Back to top Go down

Series - Once upon a time (season 1) Empty Episode 1 :

Post by Charlotte Vergnaud Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:52 pm

The beginning of the episode is happening in the world of fairy tales. Prince Charming rescues Snow White with a kiss. They decide to get married, but the wedding ceremony is interrupted by the « Queen-witch », who casts on them a bad spell.

In the real world, Emma Swan, for her 28th birthday, met her son called Henry, whom she had adopted 10 years ago. Don't believe him, she decides to take him back home, to Storybrooke. Here, he tells her that time has been stopping, for many years. The wicked Queen has casted a bad spell by trapping the fairy tales characters in this city and making them amnesic. They can no longer leave the city, otherwise they may die.

In the world of tales, Snow White and Prince charming learn that the only person who can stop the curse is their child when she is 28 years old. They decide to put the child in a magic cupboard, protecting her from the curse. We learn that their child will be called Emma. So, we understand that Emma Swan, in the real world, is the child of Snow White and Prince Charming, and Emma is the only one who can eradicate the curse. She plays a sgnificant role in this series. That's why she decides to stay at Stoorybrooke. Emma Swan discovers that the foster mother of Henry, the mayor of Storybrooke, is none other than the « Queen- witch » of the world of fairy tales. Also, Henry’s teacher is no other than Snow White, mother of Emma Swan.

At the end of the episode, the clock is starting again to work.

Charlotte Vergnaud

Back to top Go down

Series - Once upon a time (season 1) Empty Re: Series - Once upon a time (season 1)

Post by Charlotte Vergnaud Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:40 am

Episode 9 :

In the world of fairy tales, this episode relates the history of Hansel and Gretel, ditched by their father in the forest. The « Queen-witch » gets back them. She promises to bring them back to their father if they agree to find her an object in exchange. A big part of the episode shows children who have to make a success of a heap of challenges to retrieve a dropped object (as to enter the house of a witch, not to eat the house in sugar, to escape the witch while getting back the object which is only an apple. Yes, it’s only an apple. Too much suspense for nothing).
Thus the « Queen-witch » sends them to the immense forest of the kingdom. We also discover that it’s the « Queen-witch » who kidnapped their father.

In the real world, in Storybrooke, Emma tries to help two orphan children (who are in fact Hansel and Gretel stucked in this world, and amnesics because of the curse.) to find their biological father, before they must go in host family.
So, this episode shows the Emma’s research work, until she finds the father of children, who will refuses to take care of them.
It is at the end of the episode which he accepts, as soon as he sees them (as when Emma saw Henri her son in the first episode). An unknown arrives at Storybrooke, while generally, with the curse, no foreigner can enter this city. Who is this ? What will happen next ?

Charlotte Vergnaud

Back to top Go down

Series - Once upon a time (season 1) Empty Re: Series - Once upon a time (season 1)

Post by Charlotte Vergnaud Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:08 am

Episode 13 :

This episode is focused on the Prince charming, who is called David in the world of the tales.

In the real world, David doesn’t remember of himself because of the curse and doesn’t remember that he had a relationship with Snow White. He must marry a girl, called Kathryn. But a strength, which he doesn’t understand, urges him to love Mary Margaret, who is Snow White in the world of the tales.
While his love for Mary Margaret is more and more strong, David broke his marriage with Kathryn, but he does not reveal her the real reason.

In the world of the tales, the Prince charming is also forced to get married to a princess, called Abigaël. He decides to run away to find Snow White. But while he is always in search of Snow White, he finds an unexpected help with Abigaël. To thank her for her understanding, the Prince charming agrees to risk his life to find the man who Abigaël loves.

Charlotte Vergnaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Vergnaud Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Episode 15 :

In the world of the tales, this episode speaks about the history of the little red riding hood. The wolf is back. She must remain locked at her home. She discovers Snow White in the barn. In fact, she hid to escape the wolf. They are going to succeed in finding the real identity of the wolf. The wolf is not other than the little red riding hood.

In the real world, in Storybrooke, Ruby (who is the Little red riding hood in the world of the tales) resigns from the restaurant where she worked and becomes assistant of the sheriff of Emma Swan.
They are going to be able to know why Kathryn, the ex-wife of David disappeared.
They discover in the forest a safe, filled with a human heart. They think that it belongs to Kathryn. They also discover the fingerprints of Snow White on the safe, presuming her guilty of Kathryn's murder ?

Charlotte Vergnaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:20 pm

I tried the first season a few years ago. I liked the rumpelstiltskin character and the idea but I think I stopped after only 2 or 3 episodes - can't remember why - perhaps I wasn't the target audience.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Vergnaud Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Admin wrote:I tried the first season a few years ago. I liked the rumpelstiltskin character and the idea but I think I stopped after only 2 or 3 episodes - can't remember why - perhaps I wasn't the target audience.

This series is interesting because all the stories are connected between both worlds. The series is worked very well.
Also, fairy tales, told in the series are not told in a traditional way. This brings originality.

I agree concerning the Rumpelstiltskin caracter. He plays several faces and roles at the same time.

Maybe, you thought that this series was boring. Because, I am afraid that 7 seasons are always the same thing. And, maybe according to you, this series is too fantasy.

Charlotte Vergnaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum