Games Of Thrones

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Games Of Thrones

Post by Mégane on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:11 pm

Hello guys !!

Games of thrones is a serie I watch there are 3 years. This last the season 7 was the best of ever ! The suspens is in all episodes.

It's a long time ago, in a forgotten time, a force destroyed the balance of the seasons. In a country where summer can last several years and winter a lifetime, sinister and supernatural forces crowd at the gates of the Kingdom of the Seven Crowns. The brotherhood of the Night Guard, protecting the Kingdom from any creature that may come from beyond the Protective Wall, no longer has the resources to ensure the safety of all. After a summer of ten years, a harsh winter falls on the Kingdom with the promise of a dark future. Meanwhile, plots and rivalries are being played on the continent to seize the Iron Throne, the symbol of absolute power.

These serie explores subjects related to political power, social hierarchy, religion, civil war, sexuality and violence in general. Furthermore, the caracters is morally ambigues.

And you, do you watch these serie ?

[img]Games Of Thrones Got-s110[/img]


Mégane
Mégane

Posts : 90
Points : 803
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by BROSSET Céline on Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Hello Megane !

I'm so in love with this show ! I even have a Daenerys's cosplay, which I use to wear in conventions Wink !
I think this show is wonderful.... but, for my part, I was a little disappointed by the last season Sad
I didn't read the books, but I'd like to.
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Posts : 45
Points : 749
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Mégane on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:50 pm

Yeah Daenerys is a strong and courageaous character !
Ha the last season did not please you, are you hurry to see the end of the show or not ?

Mégane
Mégane

Posts : 90
Points : 803
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Andrea AROSTEGUY on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:46 am

Hi !
I looooooove this serie !!! bounce

BUT ! Now we must to wait TWO YEARS to watch the next season.... Mad

But it stay very cool and I can wait the next season ! And my favorite character is Aria Stark because she is very stronger and I like the mystery that character has !
Andrea AROSTEGUY
Andrea AROSTEGUY

Posts : 81
Points : 794
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Mégane on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:17 pm

Hey !!

2 years.. It is too looonngg...

Aria Starck is very cleaver, she became strong help to her mental strength, that's a real heroin ! Very Happy




Mégane
Mégane

Posts : 90
Points : 803
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Eunhae Park on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:16 pm

Hello,

I don't watch Game of Thrones but some friends of mine do. They are very sad to have to wait 2019 for the last season of the show.

In Korea GoT has inspired the Presidential election results  TV Show :*

Eunhae Park

Posts : 21
Points : 720
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Mégane on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:44 pm

The special effects are very well done !! Very Happy
Mégane
Mégane

Posts : 90
Points : 803
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Marion.LM on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:47 pm

Hi everybody,
I have never watched this serie : is it as extraordinary as it says ?
All the people said that it is the better serie at the moment, so I imagine myself a wonderful serie with sensational moments, I am afraid of being disappointed when I will begin to watch it
Moreover, I don't like so much science fiction ... a friend said me that they are dragons ?

Marion.LM

Posts : 168
Points : 885
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2017-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by BROSSET Céline on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:19 pm

Marion : Yes it is (except for the last season).
You should try to watch at least the first season. I'm sure you would love it !
It's rather a fantastic/medieval serie than an SF one. They are dragons yes, monsters, giants as well as there're whores, conspiracies, kings & queens, murders, torture, sex, black magic, slaves...
Only a few of persons doesn't like this show...
Let me know if you start watching it ! Smile
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Posts : 45
Points : 749
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:31 pm

I loved the books and the show looks stunning but the first couple of episodes had a lot of soft porn in them which put my wife off watching so I've never watched the series.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3550
Points : 6009
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi Megane!

I loooove the fact that you like Game of Thrones! What can I say about this show except the fact that it is in my opinion THE best show ever? I've seen the entire serie more than ten times (I know I'm completely crazy, don't judge me) and I've read all the books too, the story is so rich and interesting that I could speak about it for days! (Just ask Vincent my roomate, he is sooo tired of me forcing him to watch it while he hates this kind of universe ahahaha)
But I have to say I am disappointed by the last seasons in terms of plot, even if the special effects are just incredible, the serie has overwhelmed the story of the books and the plot is much weaker than it use to be in the first season (but I still love it).
My favorite character is Cersei because she embodies soo well what a woman who's been hurt and mistreated her entire life is able to do, I love her even if she is awful!
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Posts : 86
Points : 791
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by BROSSET Céline on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:58 am

I agree with you Elsa. Season 7 was a disappointment for me too. Indeed, I found too many inconsistencies and the timeline's issues...
Cercei is one of my favorite caracter and, to me, she's THE true queen. At first I liked Daenerys' caracter but now, i'm not far from hating her.
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Posts : 45
Points : 749
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:20 am

I can only speak from reading the books (a long time ago) but I disliked Daenerys and found a lot of her chapters boring. Cersei is certainly a strong determined woman.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3550
Points : 6009
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:48 am

I agree with you Celine, I loved Daenerys in the first seasons she was one of my favorite characters but now I don't really like her evolution and all those episodes in Meereen were really boring, I also don't like the fact that every character seems to be thinking that she is amazing, while her only skill is to have dragons (and to be very pretty I admit).
Cersei is according to me much more interesting even if she is terribly mean, she has suffered her entire life from being rejected by Robert who loved Lyanna, her father who didn't think she was important because she was a woman, she's lost everything that use to matter in her life... The way she turns this pain into anger is really fascinating!

Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Posts : 86
Points : 791
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Mégane on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:41 pm

I don't like Daenerys very much, because her strength like said Elsa is because she survives the fire. And Cersey is ready anythings for her children but she repeats the cruelty that was done to her. So i don't like the caractere persists in selfishness.
But Aria has gone through and endured trials to kill the guilty, and only those who are on her list, not the innocents. She is a warrior who could become a good queen too.
Mégane
Mégane

Posts : 90
Points : 803
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Aurélie Yee on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Hey Megu-chan, me too I'm a big fan of GOT !!!
Firstly, everybody said that it is the best series ever and that I must watch it absolutely, so I've just done the opposite and didn't watch it. I was so upset by those people who forced me ! Then, one day , last year, when I've got any manga to read, I decided to watch GOT "by myself" and without influences, I don't know why ! Very Happy
Surprisely, I was captivated by the plot, the concept and I really like the history of each charcaters that are really interesting. I was prepared to see lot of blood, everybody diying, violence and sex scenes because my friends warned me ... But I was so sad when my favorites characters died !
The thing that made me watch all the seasons, indeed all the 6 seasons in a week last year and the 7th this year, is the history of Daenerys. At the beginning, she impressed me, she was the figure of the evolution of women, but in the 7th season, her personnality change with her way of thinking, she deapointing me so much !!! So I agree with you Elsa and I was just like you Celine.
Anyway, I'm waiting the next season and raring to watch the end !
Aurélie Yee
Aurélie Yee

Posts : 34
Points : 734
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Mégane on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:32 pm

Aurélie Yee wrote:Hey Megu-chan, me too I'm a big fan of GOT !!!
Firstly, everybody said that it is the best series ever and that I must watch it absolutely, so I've just done the opposite and didn't watch it. I was so upset by those people who forced me ! Then, one day , last year, when I've got any manga to read, I decided to watch GOT "by myself" and without influences, I don't know why ! Very Happy
Surprisely, I was captivated by the plot, the concept and I really like the history of each charcaters that are really interesting. I was prepared to see lot of blood, everybody diying, violence and sex scenes because my friends warned me ... But I was so sad when my favorites characters died !
The thing that made me watch all the seasons, indeed all the 6 seasons in a week last year and the 7th this year, is the history of Daenerys. At the beginning, she impressed me, she was the figure of the evolution of women, but in the 7th season, her personnality change with her way of thinking, she deapointing me so much !!! So I agree with you Elsa and I was just like you Celine.
Anyway, I'm waiting the next season and raring to watch the end !

Hi Aurélie ! And what is your favorite character who died ?
Mégane
Mégane

Posts : 90
Points : 803
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:43 pm

Mégane wrote:I don't like Daenerys very much, because her strength like said Elsa is because she survives the fire. And Cersey is ready anythings for her children but she repeats the cruelty that was done to her. So i don't like the caractere persists in selfishness.
But Aria has gone through and endured trials to kill the guilty, and only those who are on her list, not the innocents. She is a warrior who could become a good queen too.

I agree with you Megane, Cersei is awful but she does not exactly repeat what was done to her, she does worse, which makes the story even more interesting Wink Moreover, I also like Cersei because I think that under everything she demonstrates, she is just so human, and she will never be able to kill Jaime while I think he will kill her in the end!
But I love Arya too! She is amazing! Even if I doubt she could rule the kingdom because she is to savage and independant to follow the rules, she would be better as a knight Wink
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Posts : 86
Points : 791
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Virginie Auclair on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:04 pm

I'm sorry, but I really was not captivated by the series, aldo if I watched 3 or 4 episodes of the first season.
I am maybe weird because I feel that everyone loves this series ..
Virginie Auclair
Virginie Auclair

Posts : 39
Points : 742
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Mégane on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:38 pm

Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS wrote:
Mégane wrote:I don't like Daenerys very much, because her strength like said Elsa is because she survives the fire. And Cersey is ready anythings for her children but she repeats the cruelty that was done to her. So i don't like the caractere persists in selfishness.
But Aria has gone through and endured trials to kill the guilty, and only those who are on her list, not the innocents. She is a warrior who could become a good queen too.

I agree with you Megane, Cersei is awful but she does not exactly repeat what was done to her, she does worse, which makes the story even more interesting Wink Moreover, I also like Cersei because I think that under everything she demonstrates, she is just so human, and she will never be able to kill Jaime while I think he will kill her in the end!
But I love Arya too! She is amazing! Even if I doubt she could rule the kingdom because she is to savage and independant to follow the rules, she would be better as a knight Wink

That's true Cersei loves her family and it goes before her, but i hope jamie will not kill her...oddly i will feel sad.
You're right Arya is too independant to be queen and have duty to follow.
Mégane
Mégane

Posts : 90
Points : 803
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Mégane on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Virginie Auclair wrote:I'm sorry, but I really was not captivated by the series, aldo if I watched 3 or 4 episodes of the first season.
I am maybe weird because I feel that everyone loves this series ..

I understand, you're not weird every one can not love. Each its tastes Wink
Mégane
Mégane

Posts : 90
Points : 803
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by ClémentJaunay on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:39 am

Hey, I love GoT.

But I hate the Lannisters. Oh, and I hate Jon Snow. And Arya is too scaring. And Sansa is quite useless and naive. Tyrion is too small. Bran is just overpowered for a disabled. Jaime is one-handed. Daenerys is too blonde and easily crual. Little Finger was cool in the last episod.

But I love this serie. My favourite character is Brienne of Tarth, because she's a strong fighter, with high sense of loyalty. For me, she's the last true knight of Westeros. And Podrick is so funny (and, if we trust the prostitutes, a very very great sex-performer).

I hope Brienne will sit on the Iron Throne. (IT'S MY RIGHT TO DREAM 'KAY?)

ClémentJaunay

Posts : 56
Points : 758
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by BROSSET Céline on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Clément, you're such a TROLL afro
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Posts : 45
Points : 749
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by ClémentJaunay on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:13 pm

But ... there are no trolls in GoT Céline Rolling Eyes

ClémentJaunay

Posts : 56
Points : 758
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by BROSSET Céline on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Who knows Clément... Who knows.... afro
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Posts : 45
Points : 749
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games Of Thrones Empty Re: Games Of Thrones

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum