UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindhunter

Go down

Mindhunter Empty Mindhunter

Post by CHARLES Denis Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:30 pm

I decided to watch Mindhunter, directed by David Fincher. It's the main reason why I choose it. He's one of my best film director (with Seven, The Social Network or Fight Club for example) because his movies talk mainly about human behaviour (and its deviances), always with a great artistic direction (many musics and plans are wonderfull).

We follow Holden FORD, a former negociator in the FBI now teacher in negociation with criminals. The story takes place in the 80's in the US, and that I've seen (only the first episode) we have a good explanation of the climat at this time (for example the gap between administrations and the people (because of the watergate, the Vientnam war)).
The aim of Holden FORD is to understand the behaviour of criminals and he will travel around the country to meet them.

I think it will have some interrogations about sociology (in the episode one of the character explain the thinking of Durkheim : if the society turn out badly then the criminality shows it) gun control, America in the 80's and probably other things that I didn't catch in episode 1.

Can't wait to see the whole season 1 !

Bye

CHARLES Denis

Back to top Go down

Mindhunter Empty Re: Mindhunter

Post by CHARLES Denis Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:28 pm

Hi there, I've just watch episode 2.

It's about Big Ed who made multiple murders. What he has done is completly incomprehensible for people of its decade.
Holden visited him in order to understand the murderer. It permit to realize what was a prison a this time.
Holden wants to persuade its boss how important what he's doing is, for example by saying : "How do we get a head of a crazy if we don't know crazy thinks ?"

I appreciate this episode because we enter in the corner stone of the story.

See you in the next episodes !

CHARLES Denis

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum