UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Mouth

5 posters

Go down

Big Mouth  Empty Big Mouth

Post by Vincent Balthazar Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:32 pm

Hello Friends,

So I want to talk about the series "Big Mouth". It's a cartoon which deals with puberty. This series was created in 2017 and everybody talk about it on the social networks. So I tried to watch it.

It is a cartoon for "adults" and it's very funny. I've watched the 1st episode last night and my global impression was : "oh... what's that ?? It's weird".

Tomorrow I will talk about the second episode. Maybe you don't understand what I'm saying, so I let you watch the trailer :

Vincent Balthazar
Vincent Balthazar

Back to top Go down

Big Mouth  Empty Re: Big Mouth

Post by Admin Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:45 pm

looks like something Alexander from M2 could write a thesis on. I'll ask him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BROSSET Céline Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi Vincent,

I tried the first episod of this series the day it was released on Netlflix but... I really didn't like it at all. I found it quite bad, and far for being as good as some cartoons TV series, like Archer, Rick & Morty, Bo Jack Horseman etc...
Are next episods better... ?
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Back to top Go down

Post by Virginie Auclair Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi Vicente,
I had to finish this series in a week, I find it very funny, it speaks of real theme with a lot of humor hihi
Virginie Auclair
Virginie Auclair

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Balthazar Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Hi everybody, first of all I would like to say that I think I don't watch Big Mouth for the same reasons that Alexander...

Anyway, Céline, I think you have to watch it from the 48th degrees Laughing ! Some scenes are right in this series. I don't talk about the puberty, but there is some lessons and we should take notes. In my opinion we have to distinguish the humour part from the morale of the story. But, I have never seen the others series that you are talking about, so I can't say more than that.

1 point to Virginie xoxo my love

The second episode talks about period. In our society we are uncomfortable with this. Too much men are like "omg that's disgusting" and so many girls (at the beginning) are ashamed (During my Psychology internship, some patients (11 y.o) wouldn't talk about it in front of me because I'm a boy). So we have to watch it with a critical mind to understand fully the subliminal messages.

Last edited by Vincent Balthazar on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Vincent Balthazar
Vincent Balthazar

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi Vincent, how are you???
You know I am commenting on this because I like you and I am your number one fan but to be honest, as I told you, I didn't like the first episode and I was a bit disappointed because I usually love cartoons! Maybe if I try to watch another one I will like it better but it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, not because of the topic but because I don't like the drawings Sad
Anyway I still like you, hopefully we've some other series we can watch together! Wink
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Balthazar Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:21 pm

Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS wrote:Hi Vincent, how are you???
You know I am commenting on this because I like you and I am your number one fan but to be honest, as I told you, I didn't like the first episode and I was a bit disappointed because I usually love cartoons! Maybe if I try to watch another one I will like it better but it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, not because of the topic but because I don't like the drawings Sad
Anyway I still like you, hopefully we've some other series we can watch together! Wink

I think we just have to watch it for what they are saying and not for the drawings... but I understand your point of view Elsa ! Even if you didn't like the first episode, I forgive you, we all have the right to make mistakes Wink
Vincent Balthazar
Vincent Balthazar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Balthazar Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi classmates ! Today, I've watched some episodes of Big Mouth. To sum up and as I say in classe. Some episodes deals with the feeling of oddness and the difficulties of being an adolescent. This series tries to recreate ou adolescent with our questionnement about the life. As I said, there is a psychology aspect behind the story line. It reminds me my courses during my psychology licence, and I find it very interesting !
Vincent Balthazar
Vincent Balthazar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum