Bates Motel

Go down

Bates Motel Empty Bates Motel

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi everyone!
I may have said it before but I really looove TV series. As a child, I used to read a lot and I couldn't go to sleep until i finished my book, but now that I am a young adult, even if I still try to read as much as I can, TV series have replaced books in my "before sleeping ritual". I never spend a day without watching at least three episodes, it is a real addiction. On the app "TV Showtime", they calculate the time you've spent watching series based on the shows you've watched, and I've spent more than 4 months in my life watching series, knowing that they do not count the series you've watched twice or several times... I am a bit ashamed of myself aha
But today, I will focus on a special TV show trying not to repeat the choices you made. This show is called Bates Motel. It is not one of my favorite shows because even if I loved the first three seasons, I thought the end of the show was not very well managed.
The name of the show may remind you something, indeed, this show is referring to the teenage years of Norman Bates, the serial killer which is one of the main characters of the movie Psycho, directed by Alfred Hitchkock.
In the show, you can find many references to Hitchkock's work but it is also an original artwork because there are many original characters used to enhance the story. One of the main reasons that explain my interest for the show, beside the fact that I love Psycho (and thrillers in general), is the incredible talent of the main cast, with the duo mother/son extremely well interpreted by Vera Farmiga and especially Freddie Highmore. You may know Freddie Highmore because he played as a young child in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or Arthur and the invisibles.

I advise you to whatch this show if just like me you like thrillers and suspense!Bates Motel Bates_11
Bates Motel Maxres11
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Posts : 86
Points : 791
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bates Motel Empty Re: Bates Motel

Post by joachim natali on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:33 am

Hi Elsa,

I'm watching that too,
did you watch last season and what did you think about Rihanna's performance?
joachim natali
joachim natali

Posts : 39
Points : 741
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bates Motel Empty Re: Bates Motel

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:54 am

Hello Joachim!
Yes of course I've watched last season cause I really wanted to see how the serie would end! I was expecting a lot from Rihanna since I love her as a singer but I knew she wasn't considered as a very good comedian with her part in Battelfield... But to be fair, I wasn't disappointed, I thought her part as Marion Crane was quite well interpreted knowing that she is not an actress and I liked the fact they did not give her the end we all expected !( without spoiling anything Smile)

And you what did you think ?
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Posts : 86
Points : 791
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bates Motel Empty Re: Bates Motel

Post by Mégane on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:11 am

Hi Elsa !
Serie can be an addiction effectively. A serie can capted me sometimes, like the manga serie Nana wich i watched all a week-end.
I watched the fisrt and the second episode of Bates Motel and the suspens is here, i love !
The relationship between the mother and his son is perturbing. The mother is strong woman, self-confident but she wants have all the control on his son. And it will transform him for life...
Mégane
Mégane

Posts : 90
Points : 803
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bates Motel Empty Re: Bates Motel

Post by joachim natali on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:18 am

Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS wrote:Hello Joachim!
Yes of course I've watched last season cause I really wanted to see how the serie would end! I was expecting a lot from Rihanna since I love her as a singer but I knew she wasn't considered as a very good comedian with her part in Battelfield... But to be fair, I wasn't disappointed, I thought her part as Marion Crane was quite well interpreted knowing that she is not an actress and I liked the fact they did not give her the end we all expected !( without spoiling anything Smile)

And you what did you think ?

Yes it's true that these performances of actresses are not terrible, as with Valerian lol Laughing

I have not watched the last season yet, that's why I was asking for your opinion.

And more generally, what did you think of this season ???
joachim natali
joachim natali

Posts : 39
Points : 741
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bates Motel Empty Re: Bates Motel

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:32 am

Mégane wrote:Hi Elsa !
Serie can be an addiction effectively. A serie can capted me sometimes, like the manga serie Nana wich i watched all a week-end.
I watched the fisrt and the second episode of Bates Motel and the suspens is here, i love !
The relationship between the mother and his son is perturbing. The mother is strong woman, self-confident but she wants have all the control on his son. And it will transform him for life...

Yes Megane I completely agree with you, this serie really explores the limits of an abusive relationship between a mother and her son which is very often the main reason that explains the strange and terrible behaviour of many serial killers nowadays! If you're interested in serial killer's psychology, I advise you to go and watch Mindhunter, Netflix's new show which is about the begining of criminal psychology at Quantico, the "school" of the FBI in the 1970s, it is an amazing TV show as well, inspired by a true story!
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Posts : 86
Points : 791
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bates Motel Empty Re: Bates Motel

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:37 am

joachim natali wrote:
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS wrote:Hello Joachim!
Yes of course I've watched last season cause I really wanted to see how the serie would end! I was expecting a lot from Rihanna since I love her as a singer but I knew she wasn't considered as a very good comedian with her part in Battelfield... But to be fair, I wasn't disappointed, I thought her part as Marion Crane was quite well interpreted knowing that she is not an actress and I liked the fact they did not give her the end we all expected !( without spoiling anything Smile)

And you what did you think ?

Yes it's true that these performances of actresses are not terrible, as with Valerian lol  Laughing  

I have not watched the last season yet, that's why I was asking for your opinion.

And more generally, what did you think of this season ???

I didn't watch Valerian but yes, I heard many bad reviews about her performance aha !

To be honest I thought the end of the show was not really good because it was very predictable and the last episodes were a bit boring which is sad because I really loved the first three seasons :/
But I liked the fact that in the begining of the season there were some references to the characters of the movie Psycho Smile
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Posts : 86
Points : 791
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bates Motel Empty Re: Bates Motel

Post by Mégane on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS wrote:
Mégane wrote:Hi Elsa !
Serie can be an addiction effectively. A serie can capted me sometimes, like the manga serie Nana wich i watched all a week-end.
I watched the fisrt and the second episode of Bates Motel and the suspens is here, i love !
The relationship between the mother and his son is perturbing. The mother is strong woman, self-confident but she wants have all the control on his son. And it will transform him for life...

Yes Megane I completely agree with you, this serie really explores the limits of an abusive relationship between a mother and her son which is very often the main reason that explains the strange and terrible behaviour of many serial killers nowadays! If you're interested in serial killer's psychology, I advise you to go and watch Mindhunter, Netflix's new show which is about the begining of criminal psychology at Quantico, the "school" of the FBI in the 1970s, it is an amazing TV show as well, inspired by a true story!

It's interested me to watch Mindhunter, although Maelys talks about this serie. I will come to exchange with you soon !!
Mégane
Mégane

Posts : 90
Points : 803
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bates Motel Empty Re: Bates Motel

Post by Vincent Balthazar on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:45 pm

Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS wrote:Hi everyone!
I may have said it before but I really looove TV series. As a child, I used to read a lot and I couldn't go to sleep until i finished my book, but now that I am a young adult, even if I still try to read as much as I can, TV series have replaced books in my "before sleeping ritual". I never spend a day without watching at least three episodes, it is a real addiction. On the app "TV Showtime", they calculate the time you've spent watching series based on the shows you've watched, and I've spent more than 4 months in my life watching series, knowing that they do not count the series you've watched twice or several times... I am a bit ashamed of myself aha
But today, I will focus on a special TV show trying not to repeat the choices you made. This show is called Bates Motel. It is not one of my favorite shows because even if I loved the first three seasons, I thought the end of the show was not very well managed.
The name of the show may remind you something, indeed, this show is referring to the teenage years of Norman Bates, the serial killer which is one of the main characters of the movie Psycho, directed by Alfred Hitchkock.
In the show, you can find many references to Hitchkock's work but it is also an original artwork because there are many original characters used to enhance the story. One of the main reasons that explain my interest for the show, beside the fact that I love Psycho (and thrillers in general), is the incredible talent of the main cast, with the duo mother/son extremely well interpreted by Vera Farmiga and especially Freddie Highmore. You may know Freddie Highmore because he played as a young child in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or Arthur and the invisibles.

I advise you to whatch this show if just like me you like thrillers and suspense!Bates Motel Bates_11
Bates Motel Maxres11

Hi Elsa, I've never watched this series but it seems very interesting. First of all, I don't know the fact that Freddie Highmore was Charlie in "Charlie and the chocolate factory". I'm curious, so now I want to see how the younger Freddie as Charlie has developed his career to become Norman Bates. Now I just want to see the evolution of his acting abilities. Furthermore, I read overhead that this series is also about the mother-child relation. So maybe my knowledges in psychology will help me to understand the story Wink

Am I soon going to watch it ? Maybe Smile
Vincent Balthazar
Vincent Balthazar

Posts : 62
Points : 770
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bates Motel Empty Re: Bates Motel

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Vincent Balthazar wrote:
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS wrote:Hi everyone!
I may have said it before but I really looove TV series. As a child, I used to read a lot and I couldn't go to sleep until i finished my book, but now that I am a young adult, even if I still try to read as much as I can, TV series have replaced books in my "before sleeping ritual". I never spend a day without watching at least three episodes, it is a real addiction. On the app "TV Showtime", they calculate the time you've spent watching series based on the shows you've watched, and I've spent more than 4 months in my life watching series, knowing that they do not count the series you've watched twice or several times... I am a bit ashamed of myself aha
But today, I will focus on a special TV show trying not to repeat the choices you made. This show is called Bates Motel. It is not one of my favorite shows because even if I loved the first three seasons, I thought the end of the show was not very well managed.
The name of the show may remind you something, indeed, this show is referring to the teenage years of Norman Bates, the serial killer which is one of the main characters of the movie Psycho, directed by Alfred Hitchkock.
In the show, you can find many references to Hitchkock's work but it is also an original artwork because there are many original characters used to enhance the story. One of the main reasons that explain my interest for the show, beside the fact that I love Psycho (and thrillers in general), is the incredible talent of the main cast, with the duo mother/son extremely well interpreted by Vera Farmiga and especially Freddie Highmore. You may know Freddie Highmore because he played as a young child in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or Arthur and the invisibles.

I advise you to whatch this show if just like me you like thrillers and suspense!Bates Motel Bates_11
Bates Motel Maxres11

Hi Elsa, I've never watched this series but it seems very interesting. First of all, I don't know the fact that Freddie Highmore was Charlie in "Charlie and the chocolate factory". I'm curious, so now I want to see how the younger Freddie as Charlie has developed his career to become Norman Bates. Now I just want to see the evolution of his acting abilities. Furthermore, I read overhead that this series is also about the mother-child relation. So maybe my knowledges in psychology will help me to understand the story Wink

Am I soon going to watch it ? Maybe Smile

Hello Vincent!

I am happy to see you are interested! I can already tell you that Highmore's acting skills have improved so much, he is super talented and since Bates Motel ended, he started to act in a new TV show, "The Good Doctor" which is about a talented doctor who has autism and consequently has to deal with big communication issues with the patients and the other doctors, It is based on a true story and I haven't seen it yet but I heard a lot of good things about it so I'll probably watch it Smile



Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Posts : 86
Points : 791
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bates Motel Empty Re: Bates Motel

Post by maelys fouche on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi Elsa,

I've watched this serie. Was a great serie but sometimes it's hard to watch too much episodes at one time. Thing I like in this serie is the suspens that emerges. The son is a psychopath and the mother is crazy too because she loves too much her son that she's willing to do anything to save his ass. I finally stopped to watch Bates Motel because it's always the same thing. And the actors play very well.
maelys fouche
maelys fouche

Posts : 54
Points : 756
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bates Motel Empty Re: Bates Motel

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum