UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimm (TV series)

+2
Vincent Balthazar
Aurélie Yee
6 posters

Go down

Grimm (TV series) Empty Grimm (TV series)

Post by Aurélie Yee Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi everybody !
I would like to present you one of my favorite series, Grimm. You must know many famous Grimm's fairy tales like Little Red Ridding Hood, Rapunzel, Hansel and Grethel, Cinderella, ... that you read or watch with Disney's animations.
So, Grimm is a series that is inspired by those famous fairy tales with a dark and modern concept. We can follow the adventures of an homicide detective in Portland, named Nick Burkhardt. He discovered that he's one of the last descendants of Grimm, a line of guardians who must keep the balance between the humanity and mythological creatures call "Wesen". To be a Grimm means that you have special capacity to recognize the real face of someone or have sens more developped than normal people. During the series, Nick searched to understand what's the history of his familly, explications of unexplanables events, the existance of those creatures  and etc; while keeping his secret from his relatives to protect them.
I thing there's a good plot ! at the beginning of each episodes there's a quotation from Grimm's fairy tale that can guide you to imagine what will happen, but not at all !! Maybe producer anticipates it to fool us !
I really recommand you to watch it !!

Grimm (TV series) Grimm-10

Aurélie Yee
Aurélie Yee

Back to top Go down

Grimm (TV series) Empty Re: Grimm (TV series)

Post by Vincent Balthazar Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi Aurelie !

This series was one of my favorite before !! I love the way that the story promote values as friendship and acceptance. Indeed, Nick's best friend is a Wesen ! Moreover Juliette, Nick's wife, accept him as he is and keep the secret about the fact he's a Grimm.

I love the fact that this series mix police inquiry and Grimm's fairy tale. That's sound very difficult and weird to mix it, but I swear that's very smart. I don't watch it anymore but I swear that I will continue !

Grimm (TV series) Grimm This is Nick  (For those who don't know him) Surprised

When I was 18, my wallpaper was... Laughing :

Grimm (TV series) Grimm-cast-2013-monroe-and-rosalee-35540090-500-290
Vincent Balthazar
Vincent Balthazar

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:40 pm

I thought this was a great series too. Although I preferred the early seasons with the individual storylines rather than the over arcing storyline which got changed as the seasons progressed. The last season was okay but it was obvious they were trying to tie everything up.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi Aurelie!

I tried to watch Grimm this year when I was looking for a new series to watch and I saw about 10 episodes but to be fair, I didn't get that much involved in the plot and I thought the series was a little bit childish even if I've read almost all of the Brothers Grimm's fairytales because my grand parents had an enormous book with all of them in it!
Maybe I was disappointed because the series wasn't very faithful to the fairytales I've read Smile
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Justine LORIN Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:36 pm

Hello Aurélie Chan,
I don't know this series but it makes me think about the series "Once upon a time", that Florine talked about. I watched OUAT and the story is nice but it's too much like "love always wins, if you are happy and love people, all will be okay for you"..... We're not children and there is too much time with "beautiful" morality, too much time lost uselessly. So that why I don't really want to watch Grimm, because I'm scared that will be in the same spirit than Once upon a time :/

Justine LORIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Yee Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:54 pm

Admin wrote:I thought this was a great series too. Although I preferred the early seasons with the individual storylines rather than the over arcing storyline which got changed as the seasons progressed. The last season was okay but it was obvious they were trying to tie everything up.

Really, I only watched until the 3rd season !
Aurélie Yee
Aurélie Yee

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Yee Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:04 pm

[quote="Vincent Balthazar"]Hi Aurelie !

This series was one of my favorite before !! I love the way that the story promote values as friendship and acceptance. Indeed, Nick's best friend is a Wesen ! Moreover Juliette, Nick's wife, accept him as he is and keep the secret about the fact he's a Grimm.

I love the fact that this series mix police inquiry and Grimm's fairy tale. That's sound very difficult and weird to mix it, but I swear that's very smart. I don't watch it anymore but I swear that I will continue !

Yeah, I'm not a fan of police series but Grimm is not only about crime and detective, so I didn't dislike it ! Maybe it's because they mixed well those two universe, fairy tales and police! Very Happy
I just watch until the 3rd season, so until now I like this series !
Aurélie Yee
Aurélie Yee

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Yee Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:09 pm

[quote="Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS"]Hi Aurelie!

I tried to watch Grimm this year when I was looking for a new series to watch and I saw about 10 episodes but to be fair, I didn't get that much involved in the plot and I thought the series was a little bit childish even if I've read almost all of the Brothers Grimm's fairytales because my grand parents had an enormous book with all of them in it!
Maybe I was disappointed because the series wasn't very faithful to the fairytales I've read Smile[/quote]

Yeah I understand your point of view, Grimm is adapt to a new context, modern with supernatural and thriller.
Aurélie Yee
Aurélie Yee

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Yee Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:15 pm

Justine LORIN wrote:Hello Aurélie Chan,
I don't know this series but it makes me think about the series "Once upon a time", that Florine talked about. I watched OUAT and the story is nice but it's too much like "love always wins, if you are happy and love people, all will be okay for you"..... We're not children and there is too much time with "beautiful" morality, too much time lost uselessly. So that why I don't really want to watch Grimm, because I'm scared that will be in the same spirit than Once upon a time :/

The difference with the series Once Upon a Time is that Grimm is less "lovey-dovey" and is more serious, because OUAT is based on the Disney's versions. And me too I'm not into silly series, I've tried to watch OUAT but I quickly stop at the 3rd episode. Of course, I will not force you to watch !
Aurélie Yee
Aurélie Yee

Back to top Go down

Post by Justine LORIN Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:20 pm

If it's more "serious" it will probably delight me :') But if I start to watch all the series that interest me after this topic I will never have time x)

Justine LORIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarande SERRANO Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:59 am

Hi Aurélie!
Your serie seems really nice! Is it like "Once Upon a Time"? Or is it more on detective serie?

Amarande SERRANO

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:22 pm

When you start to watch this series you also look at the people around you and decide which Wessen they are.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Balthazar Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Amarande SERRANO wrote:Hi Aurélie!
Your serie seems really nice! Is it like "Once Upon a Time"? Or is it more on detective serie?

Hi Amarande, this is more a detective series. Once Upon a Time is more about fairy tales, but here in Grimm, it's more about the real life. The only thing that link Grimm and the real story of Grimm's tales is the fact that some characters are inspired of these tales, it's not about these tales. Smile
Vincent Balthazar
Vincent Balthazar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down