UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artificial Intelligence

+20
Céline Métais
Vincent Hyvernaud
Robin frugier
Mai Huyen
Arthur Lombard
wenhaoyi meng
Mahiedine Fruchard
Lauralee G
Rosh LOUKOU
zonglin
FLEURENTIN Jealex
kamel khedim
Arnaud H
L.M.
Emma
Agathe NEGRONI
Elise Maret
CHARLES Denis
Jake Needham
Admin
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Artificial Intelligence Empty Artificial Intelligence

Post by Admin Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:36 am

Artificial Intelligence. There are a lot of different angles you can look at this subject from. Make me interested.

Artificial Intelligence Homepage_EB20110707REVIEWS08110709988AR
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Artificial Intelligence Empty Re: Artificial Intelligence

Post by Jake Needham Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:01 am

So i brought up the topic of artificial intelligence after seeing this video the other day. Named Sophia, she is the first robot to receive citizenship.
To me this is an amazing leap in robotics, and i find the video below especially intriguing. The advancements that have been made to AI is incredible, how Sophia is able to remember and recognize one of her creators, look up in real time any information she desires. Simply incredible.

Here's the video for those who would like to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LguXfHKsa0c

Jake Needham

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:15 am

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CHARLES Denis Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Hi,
I have already watch the video about Sophia.
On one hand I'm really impressed and think that this (r)evolution will permit a lot (for example to help old people to manage themselves alone, the robot could be an help for them).
But in an other and this scares me, the autonomy of Sophia could leed anywhere...(maybe because the film I, Robot scares me when I was a child... Shocked )

If you want to see another movie which talks about AI there is "Her" by Spike Jones (I talk about it in a former topic).

CHARLES Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by Elise Maret Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:20 pm

Hello,
Jake and Charles talk about Sophia. I've seen the video and it's incredible. It's very strange and makes me feel awkward. Sophia is so realistic. It made me a little bit scared even if it's a real technological advance. I think the danger would be that people forget that they are robots.

Elise Maret

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:28 am

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agathe NEGRONI Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi,

I’ve seen the 2 videos and like you, I am both impressed and scared.
This evolution is really amazing (and fast) because we’ve done a lot in AI for several years, and Sophia is a perfect illustration of that : she can cary on a conversation, even tell jokes and her facial expressions are very realistic (which is really disturbing in a certain way..)

But this AI has its limits : with the autonomous car for example, an ethical question has been raised : in case of danger, how does it have to react ? Moreover, a fatal accident took place in Florida 2 years ago with a Tesla because this one didn’t react to an imminent danger…
The film AI (first picture on this topic) scared me as a child because the robots were too realistic and I didn’t know it could be possible one day…even Hollywood made movies about an out-of-control AI like Terminator.

So the question is : where will we stop ? scratch

Agathe NEGRONI

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:15 am

Like charles, the vidéo either impressed me and scared me cause we can see the technology has reached an advanced level now and that it keeps improving which is a really good thing in many sectors, but you can also see that Sophia’s answers to certain questions are a lil scary. Example when she was asked if she likes human lol she took a really long time to answer and her face ?? I just can’t help myself thinking about all these movies where the robots that humans created turned to be angry against their creators and transformed themselves into evil machines wanting chaos and destruction lol

Emma

Back to top Go down

Post by L.M. Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:12 pm

I agree with Emma. I’ve seen this part and this is scary and very impressive. I think that Artificial Intelligence will replace us in our futurs jobs. Robots can be policeman, drivers, doctors, sellers, accouting, server, home help and so many… I’ve read an article in the Guardian which says that robots will replace 1 in 3 jobs in UK over the 20 years. I’m excited to see what will be our societies when we will not work. We always says that work is freedom, but maybe not work is freedom too. We will have more time to enjoy, to have more leisures and make the world a better place for everyone.

L.M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnaud H Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:52 pm

After reading all of you, I see one thing : we are scared of AI because it's too close to humanity. The modern machines just make the same thing forever. Here, we've got intelligence which are evolving, day after day. And he might be an unlimited evolution, widely beyond human capacities. Some dystopia described those AI which will create the replica of themselves and take the place of humanity.
Before to get in this, those AI must become "intelligent". I read an article about this issue, illustrated with the example of a paperclip. If we ask to an AI to make paperclips how it would react ? Maybe it will make one giant paperclip, or never stop until he can't ; or to make the most of paperclips, it needs to destroy humanity. The author says that if it's intelligent, it will ask how much.
Not to be exceeded, it creates an other subject, about transhumanism : does humanity have to evolve artificially to follow his creations ?

Arnaud H

Back to top Go down

Post by kamel khedim Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi everyone,

Hollywood productions have since longtime prepared our consciousness to the revolution of AI.
So with movies like Blade Runner and ODYSSEE 2000 of the genial Stanley Kubrick present this revolution as negative for the human being by the will for android to destroy its own creator too imperfect.
Because, robots will perform human in strength and intelligence but they won't acquire our sensibility.
Sophia is impressively realistic but "it" (we speak about an android guy Wink ) can't reply to deep philosophic question in the interview.
AI could be a tool for human being that's all otherwise a dangerous weapon for us.

kamel khedim

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:37 am

We're getting frightened about nothing. Robots and AI can take the menail work away from us and work 24/7, producing more whilst we have more time to be creative (destructive) and think.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEURENTIN Jealex Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:03 pm

artificial intelligence is bad thing beacause in next century i think robots will take the world controle.
Some people think to artificial inteliigence create unemployement , some intelligent cars who can drive alone soon some inspector of driving will be in unemployement

FLEURENTIN Jealex

Back to top Go down

Post by zonglin Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:42 pm

Nowadays, artificial intelligence, which is becoming more and more familiar with us with 
the development of science and technology.
In my opinion, it brings lots of convenience and progress to our society. And we can also say that artificial intelligence is changing the way of living, learning, working and so on. I think that it is a good thing for us.

zonglin

Back to top Go down

Post by zonglin Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:43 pm

And it can make our life more efficace and more interesting.

zonglin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosh LOUKOU Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:33 pm

I think that artificial intelligence is a big THREAT for humanity. Today, Companies in the aim to reduce work costs and others, move on or turn toward artificial intelligence.

Most of people, qualify it or them as science big miracle or incredible or incontestable innovation. But I think that in a long aspect, these things can be a cause of discordance between people because consciousness are very sleeping.

Some Asian people for example, promote sex robots for compensate lack contact with opposite sex. 

I don't sit in judgement but I think that today is very soft to accept it but tomorrow situation can be very insupportable  silent bounce bounce

Thanks  Cool

Rosh LOUKOU

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosh LOUKOU Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Admin wrote:

Suspect Suspect Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Rosh LOUKOU

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauralee G Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:48 pm

I think that artificial intelligence can be good as a bad thing, it depends on how it is used.
this can be a good thing because it allows the development of science and technology. for example, a robot can assist a surgeon during an operation.
this can be a bad thing, because it will change jobs if some jobs are replaced by a robot.

Lauralee G

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahiedine Fruchard Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:41 am

Hi,
I’m afraid that AI replace humans work, but robots can do our job better than us and for « free ». Admin, your article was about a robot in China who passed a medical licensing exam, I think robots will do surgery soon and it will be more safe and accurate than humains. Because robots don’t have any feeling or stress and this is a real strength for specific mission like surgery.
I’m not sure today that our society is ready for AI, maybe it’s to soon. People think that robots will stole their job and I’m pretty agree with … Maybe a robot is more productive but if people loose their job and can’t care about their family this is unfair. If all industrial replace their labour force by robots they will produce a lot but who will buy ? Because the past labour force don’t have money …

Mahiedine Fruchard

Back to top Go down

Post by wenhaoyi meng Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:05 am

Hi
I just don't worry about AI crisis things for now,it is good thing to make human's tools more automatic.Well,I have just seen the movie blade runner 2047,in this movie you can get your AI girlfriend..more sweet and Comprehension..I’d like one of this..BUT seriously that cross the line. People want to have perfect spouse for sure,and in the future maybe we will abandon people really exist and prefer the AI who suit us much better?
Thus more social issues and moral crisis will appear and the definition of human rights will also become blurred.
I TRUST the AI partner or stars(already exist in Japan)will come true,but we need to think about how to limit it.No longer the feudal society for now,every one can pursue the best thing for them even the AI wife/husband,maybe pet etc..We must ensure that the growth of unlimited need for human will not jeopardize our own.

wenhaoyi meng

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:03 pm

Mahiedine Fruchard wrote:Hi,
I’m afraid that AI replace humans work, but robots can do our job better than us and for « free ». Admin, your article was about a robot in China who passed a medical licensing exam, I think robots will do surgery soon and it will be more safe and accurate than humains. Because robots don’t have any feeling or stress and this is a real strength for specific mission like surgery.
I’m not sure today that our society is ready for AI, maybe it’s to soon. People think that robots will stole their job and I’m pretty agree with … Maybe a robot is more productive but if people loose their job and can’t care about their family this is unfair. If all industrial replace their labour force by robots they will produce a lot but who will buy ? Because the past labour force don’t have money …

Perhaps we can develop a new form of society where everyone is paid a liveable wage - through company/product tax - and only those who want to work will work.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Lombard Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi,

AI intelligence is a very interesting topic, because it is the future of humanity. Nowadays we can see robots everywhere, some are intelligents, some are not. But in long term, I am convinced that AI inteligence will replace human control over a lot of domains. Indeed, we just have to see what robots can do nowadays. We created some robots that can talk with us, adapt themselves to different environment... It's a bit frightening according to me. We need to control thoses AI intelligence, because I think robots can evolve and adapt themselves to situations. So what can we do if one day, the robots that we created try to fight us for their freedom ? I know it sounds like a sci-fi movie (like I-Robot), but I think it can happens. Moreover I have read some articles of scientists which were saying that it can happens. So we need to understand how robots with AI intelligence can evolve before we create a lot of them.

Arthur Lombard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mai Huyen Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:51 pm

Hello everyone, I watched videos of sophia, she was amazing she has real feelings like a human. It seems in the future she will be more complete. I just wonder if this is really good for humans.

Mai Huyen

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin frugier Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:29 pm

Hello ,
The artificial intelligences evolves more and more quickly this last time.
To see if a human artificial intelligence is perfect enough, we do an experiment to test it. This is called:
Turing test is a test involves putting a human and an AI in verbal confrontation with a computer. If the person is not able to say which of his interlocutors is an AI , that means that the AI has passed the test successfully.
But when a robot looks too much like a human physically, it can happen a kind of embarrassment, some things that are wrong but we don’t know what. This is called "uncanny valley"
The uncanny valley is a scientific theory which states that the more a robot looks like a human, more its imperfections seem monstrous. That's why, for many people, they are more comfortable with robot clearly identifying like a robot than a robot looking like a human.

Robin frugier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next