How I met Your Mother

Go down

How I met Your Mother

Post by Arthur Lombard on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:51 pm

So, I'm going to talk about "How I met Your Mother"!
It is an American sitcom, created in 2005. In this serie, the main character, Ted Mosby, tell to his children in 2030, how he met their mother when he was young. He's always accompanied by his 4 best friends, Marshall, Lily, Barney and Robin. It begins in 2005, when he was 27 years old.

Arthur Lombard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How I met Your Mother

Post by Arthur Lombard on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:59 pm

Episode 1 / season 1:
In this first episode, Ted Mosby is at is favourite bar, "MacLaren's Pub", with Barney Stinson. Barney is a seducer, which collect one-night conquests with women. Lily and Marshall are going to get married, and Ted is freaking out because he's still single. In the bar, Ted met Robin, a beautiful woman, and instantly fell in love with her. Thanks to Barney, he asks her out, and they have a dinner in a restaurant. Ted steals a blue french horn for her and go to her place with her. Unfortunately, when they are at Robin's, Ted says that he's in love with her, which is wayyyy to early. Robin put him outside, and the episode finish by Ted saying to his children "That's how I met Robin".

Arthur Lombard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Lombard on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:04 am

Episode 2 / season 1:
Robin is now becoming friend with Marshall and Lily, so she's always present at the bar when Ted is there. To convince her to go out with him (because he's a little stubborn...), he organize a party at his place. Robin dont show up on the first party, so he organize a second one the next day. She again dont show up, so he organize another party again. She finally comes, and flirt with a guy named Carlos. They go on the roof of the building to kiss, but Ted shows up and avoid the kiss. He try to convince Robin that he can have a relaship without next day with her (because this is what she wants), but she decline and propose him to be friends. At the end, she present Ted to a woman, by this famous sentence that Barney always pronounce: "Have you met Ted ?".

Arthur Lombard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Lombard on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:12 am

Episode 3 / season 1:
In this episode, Barney tries to help Ted getting over Robin, so he decides to take him to the airport, where he often goes to pick up girls. They meet 2 girls which are going to Philadelphia, so they take the plane with her. In the plane, they learn that they are going to join their fiance. When they land at Philadelphia, they're a little bit disapointed and they remember that they forgot their luggages at NY airport... They are arrested by police because it was suspect, and they finally go the a weird party at a policewoman place. While this is going on, Lily and Robin are at MacLaren's Pub, and Robin is getting hit by a lot of men, but Lily seems invisible. She decides to take off her engagment ring, and immediately get hit by a man, but he's gay. Marshall didn't know that and almost hit that guy.

Arthur Lombard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Lombard on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 am

Episode 4 / season 1:
Ted is a bit sad because he is not going out with Robin, so he decides to call an ex girlfriend, dumped years ago. He remebers that he broke with her by phone, on her birthday. He finally go out with her, but notice, three weeks later, that he does not like her at all. He break up with her, on a restaurant, but he didn't remember that it was her birthday again. She beat him up, and he passed for a mean guy in front of the other restaurant clients. Meanwhile, Barney tries to convince Robin to say non sens information at TV against money, because he says that nobody watches her. She finally fell down from a horse during a live, and obviously, everyone was watching TV at this moment. This scene will be reminded to her all along the 9 seasons.

Arthur Lombard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Lombard on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:22 am

Episode 5 / season 1:
Robin, Ted and Barney always go to parties and have fun. But Marshall and Lily, which are engaged, are trying to be more adult as possible. So they decide to organize a party where they will be drinking fine wine with some friends. Meanwhile the three other are going to a night club. Marshall didn't really wanted to make "adult parties", but he didn't tell Lily. When he discover that he is really bored at this party, he decides to sneak in the toilet and run away to Robin, Barney and Ted. When Lily discovers that, she run away too and join the other in the night club. But the music is too loud so they decide to go home.

Arthur Lombard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Lombard on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:49 am

Episode 6 / season 1:
Ted and Barney are going to a Halloween party. Three years ago, Ted met a woman, disguised in a pumkin. He found her very attractive, took her phone number, but lost it... So every year, he goes to this party dressed as a rejected ballot paper, and try to find her. But unfortunately, she never shows up. Meanwhile, Barney tries to pick up a girl that reject him. So he wears a lot of different disguisment to appear for another guy. But it obviously doesn't work !!! Marshall and Lily, on their side, are going to a party, dressed as a pirate and a parrot, and win the suit contest. Robin is dating a guy, Mike, whome rapidly feels like Robin doesn't want a serious relationship, so he break up with her.

Arthur Lombard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Lombard on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:03 pm

Episode 7 / season 1:
Barney absolutely wants that Ted finds a woman. So he forces him to sign up in a meeting agency, where a software is supposed to find him the perfect woman. The robot is supposed to match up him with a girl with whom he has a lot of common point.
But unfortunately, the robot doesn't find him a woman, so he is despesperate. He starts thinking that he will never find a girl to spend his life with... The manager of the agency decide to promess him that she will find him the perfect woman, she promess she will spend all her time to do this. And when he comes back to the agency later, he discovers the manager in tears, saying that she didn't find anyone.

Arthur Lombard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Lombard on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:10 pm

Episode 11 / season 1:
This is new years night. To make this night memorable for his friends, Ted decides to rent a limo, and to go to a bunch of parties. But this plan will go wrong. Indeed, Ted is realising that he is still in love with Robin. Moreover, the travel between the different parties is complicated, because of the traffic jam in New York. So they have a lot of weird moments, like the one when they invite a guy in the limo, thinking it was Moby, but in reality it was an odd man with a gun... They finally miss the new year count on Manhattan, and decide to spend it all together in the limo. Finally, Ted kiss Robin for new year, which was a terrible idea, assuming he is in love with her.

Arthur Lombard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Lombard on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:20 pm

Episode 14 / season 1:
Ted met a girl named Victoria, and fell in love with her. She is a cupcake maker. He decides to spend a night with her at his appartment (which is sharing with Marshall). Se, he goes at the appartment with Victoria, but Marshall and Lily are here. To be kind with their friend and to not ruin his night, they decide to hide in the toilets. So, they spy them.
Meanwhile, Robin and Barney are going to a "bro party", led by Barney. They go to paintball (which is the favourite activity of Barney) and then to a strip club (which is the second favourite activity of Barney !!!). Barney discover that Robin, even if she's a girl, can be a real bro for him !

Arthur Lombard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Lombard on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:27 pm

Episode 22 / season 1:
This episode is a bit sad. Indeed, Lily and Marshall are breaking up, because Lily wants to go to San Fransisco to follow a paint class. Moreover, she was freaking out about their wedding... Ted tries realise that he is still in love with Robin, and elaborate a crazy plan to conquer her. He decides to steal once again the blue french horn and to bring it to her place. Moreover, he engage a band, that will play a song behind him when he will say her what he has to say. And he put flowers everywhere in her appartment. But Robin does not share its feelings, so she says no when he propose her to go out with him... This was the last episode of the season one!

Arthur Lombard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down