UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 First topic - Online dating and Black mirror episode

+2
Mathis FARDIN
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Semester 2 First topic - Online dating and Black mirror episode Empty Semester 2 First topic - Online dating and Black mirror episode

Post by Admin Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:15 pm

This week in class we watched an episode of Black mirror which focussed on relationships. This thread is for you to give your views on the television programme and real life and online dating systems.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 First topic - Online dating and Black mirror episode Empty Re: Semester 2 First topic - Online dating and Black mirror episode

Post by Mathis FARDIN Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm

I don't know what to say about that, that's not my business but maybe it works well for lot of people. It's a possibility like another to have a date. Maybe it's quite simple with a mobile application. But I don't know if it's really to have a lasting date.

Mathis FARDIN

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 First topic - Online dating and Black mirror episode Empty Re: Semester 2 First topic - Online dating and Black mirror episode

Post by Gaborit Valentin Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:12 pm

This episode made me want to see the rest of the series because it looks pretty well done. I think if that system existed in real, we would have no choice to choose with whom we would like to live, we would be based only on numbers. For the moment, with applications we have, for some people it must be possible to meet people but I do not know if it is possible to find love. For me I think I prefer to meet people in real life.

Gaborit Valentin

Back to top Go down

Post by gaétane soulet Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Hello,
I think I will not continue watching the other episodes of Black Mirror because (sorry) I do not like the frame of the episodes. But the story itself is well-found.
I think, we do not need applications to find someone because most of the people on the sites are (I think) not serious.
Maybe some people would like to not have the choice to meet people like in the series but if you can not choose what it is for?
I think it's better to meet the person directly and without expecting it than to have already planned everything.

gaétane soulet

Back to top Go down

Post by Philomène Pagnoux Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:08 am

I llike this episode because it is a way to show whta it happens in real life. Some people wants court relations and others want long relations. It depends, and when you are not serious the time you stay with the people shortens. It shows the fonctionnement of apps, I think it is a little exagerate but that is a good way to denounce apps.
I think dtaing apps are a good way to meet other people and to speak ith many people, but I don't think that's a good way to find love. I think that's not a natural way. Maybe some people find love with apps, but me I don't think it is the good way, I think it must be a random, something you can't maitrise.

Philomène Pagnoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion16 Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:56 pm

I think that no matter how we meet, if the person is made for us then it will work. In addition, applications make it easier to meet people, it is not romantic but useful as well as dangerous.
Then, I agree that we have to live several relationships to find out what type of person best suits us. Even if someone meets the ideal person the first time
By cons I do not accept the fact of knowing in advance the duration of the relationship because it harms the life of a couple: no effort, no love.

Marion16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down