UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 First topic - Dating in the Digital age and Black mirror episode

+5
Quentin Carre
Renouard Mélys
Aurélien Lechevalier
Carteron Claire
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Semester 2 First topic - Dating in the Digital age and Black mirror episode Empty Semester 2 First topic - Dating in the Digital age and Black mirror episode

Post by Admin Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:30 pm

You watched an episode of Black Mirror in the first class session. I'd like you to comment on it here and talk about your thoughts about online dating aps and their advantages and disadvantages compared to before these aps existed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 First topic - Dating in the Digital age and Black mirror episode Empty Re: Semester 2 First topic - Dating in the Digital age and Black mirror episode

Post by Carteron Claire Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:17 pm

The series « Black mirror » is centered on networks, on meetings by internet. I think that isn’t necessarily the good solution to find love. However, how the series puts. However, the series puts advances rather well the virtual concept of the meetings. The application takes place under the shape of a portable case. This case will know us by heart and will be exactly that we shall look for level love.
It is necessary to have to move forward with our time, even if I think that this kind of concept will not succeed for the moment at least in France.

Thank’s John and good day

Carteron Claire

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 First topic - Dating in the Digital age and Black mirror episode Empty Re: Semester 2 First topic - Dating in the Digital age and Black mirror episode

Post by Aurélien Lechevalier Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:42 pm

Hi John,
I did not know the series black mirror, the idea is interesting for people who are looking for an arranged love. The characters are not happy to change the partners without hobbies in common. The digitalization of the coach makes the communication cold to console the failures in love.
For my part, I would like to meet love by chance to have a nice story to tell my children. It is important to keep some suspense in a romantic relationship. Now, there are many applications that can put us in touch with women who can please us but it is an artificial method.
Have a good day, Mr Cox

Aurélien Lechevalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Renouard Mélys Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Hello John,
I did not know this series but the subject of this episode is interesting. A few years ago when the phone and social networks did not exist the meetings were done naturally but now there are dating sites and the people use them a lot. I think that longer seeks love less we find but maybe that can help to find the right person if it exists. In this episode the meetings are organized and programmed by machines and it is not by chance.
Have a good day Mr Cox

Renouard Mélys

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin Carre Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:08 pm

In the episode of the series Black Miror, the world is centered on dating, meetings to find the perfect partner. I think dating online can be a good way to find love. This allows you to talk to people who are not in the same city as us. Shy people can hide behind a screen and talk quietly. But the problem of online dating is that we are not always sure of the people we are talking to. I think that it is a good way to find love but I think love has to come by chance. In the series the fact that people know how long they will stay together, prevent them from getting involved in the relation knowing that it is going to end at the moment.

Quentin Carre

Back to top Go down

Post by emacquet Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:08 pm

Hello John
First of all i was so happy to see an episode of Black Mirror in classroom. So to speak about what we seen, at the beginning i was a little bit lost because it’s in the future and it looks so realistic and i didn’t understand the word deadline or expiration. Now i’m not one hundred percent to say «YES » or « NO » about dating aps because first i think it’s a good thing for shy people and we can make beautiful meeting but in the other hand these aps can appear like shopping website and i think damaging the image of Love, because today we are in consumer society.

emacquet

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 First topic - Dating in the Digital age and Black mirror episode Empty Quentin Browang

Post by Quentin Browang Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Hey Mister Cox,

Today I go you summarized the episode of 1 of the saion 1 of black mirror.
You gave me the desire to look at this series!
The episode 1 is rather simple but twisted. Indeed, Prime Minister of United Kingdom, Michael Callow, this awakening one morning with an ultimatum. Princess Susannah was kidnapped and held. The dilemma is the following one. Either he has a sexual intercourse with a porkpig, filmed directly and spread on everything the media, or the princess dies.
A summary is not a spoil, then either you saw it and know the continuation, or I leave you has it to discover.
Good evening to you

Cordially

Browang Quentin

Quentin Browang

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeva Faverjon Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:51 pm

Hello Mr COX
Black Mirror is a series than I knew by name but I had never seen. This series speaks of love relationship caused by a system. The apps maybe good for some people because today people are together through apps. For me I think that he is better to meet the peoples in a natural way as at the time. Often on the apps, the relation is not serious. He is so more simple to meet people for a lasting relationship

Have a good night Mr Cox

Maeva Faverjon

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Barraud Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Hello Mister,
For me, online dating have advantages and disadvantage but I prefer meetings real. I prefer meetings real because we can choose peoples with who we wanted pass the party and above all choose if we want to go or not there. In fact, we are free. The Advantages of Online dating can be that, we have not need of think, ni of choose betwwen two persons.
Have a nice week end

Léa Barraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Carteron Claire Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:52 pm

Good Evening John,
This episode allows Lorna and Nicky to become reconciled while the latter discovers that the one that she loves is actually pregnant. She decides then to contact Vinnie, the husband of Lorna, to confirm him that his wife is well pregnant. In the previous episode Boo discovered that his mistress Linda is not a prisoner but one executive of the MCC. A discovery which it considers good to take advantage, in spite of all the excuses of Linda, of Boo threatens it to reveal everything if it does not make him a 5000-dollar transfer! The episode affects an attractive emotional peak when the ex supervisor Bayley decided to visit the father of Poussey to explain him that it is responsible for the death of his daughter.

Bye, good night

Carteron Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Carteron Claire Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:55 pm

* my series is "Orange is the new black"

Carteron Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:33 pm

Carteron Claire wrote:* my series is "Orange is the new black"

Very Happy

wrong thread too but no problem.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down