UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groups A and B discussion. Black Mirror and Dating aps.

+6
TIAN Zhekun
Nolwenn Lautredou
Mayra Fernandes
Gwenaelle Hatchi
Eunhae Park
Admin
10 posters

Go down

Groups A and B discussion. Black Mirror and Dating aps. Empty Groups A and B discussion. Black Mirror and Dating aps.

Post by Admin Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:36 pm

What did you think about this Black Mirror episode and what are your general views on Dating aps, the idea of arranged dating and the use of a digital coach for dating and relationships?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Groups A and B discussion. Black Mirror and Dating aps. Empty Re: Groups A and B discussion. Black Mirror and Dating aps.

Post by Eunhae Park Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Hello everyone,

I thank that is episode was a little disturbing because of its realism on its topic.
In general, I don’t see dating aps and arranged dating positively. I have never used it and think that it could be risky. When you meet somebody online you cannot trust all he said about him, his life or his personality. In fact, you could be very disappointed, or worst, meet unstable people.

On digital coaching for dating and relationship, I think that it could create very artificial relationship. People talk online with coaches that don’t know them and are waiting for romantic advices that could be so unnatural. They are probably following some standards that could not correspond to some people. For me, the better way to improve your relationship is to talk directly with your partner and to your friends if your need more support. In fact, they know you really well.

Eunhae Park

Back to top Go down

Groups A and B discussion. Black Mirror and Dating aps. Empty Re: Groups A and B discussion. Black Mirror and Dating aps.

Post by Gwenaelle Hatchi Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Eunhae Park wrote:Hello everyone,

For me, the better way to improve your relationship is to talk directly with your partner and to your friends if your need more support. In fact, they know you really well.

Hey Euhnae...! I'm agree with you of severals points ; but (yes, That is a "but" Very Happy ) I think this Dating aps takes positive points but also negative points.

For you, the alternative that often happens is meeting someone through friends, which can work, but it’s limiting yourself to single people your closest friends and family happen to know ; so it's really hardest to find a person if you left you family and friend.
For exemple : it's difficult for socially weird or anxious or shy people, trying to meet a stranger in public is a nightmare, and even for someone charming and outgoing, it’s a grueling task that requires a lot of luck.
This dating ap is an alternative to speak without anxious and meet news peoples.

The aspect negative it is that you can meet a "bad guy", so it's your choice to block him. And if you meet this person, you should have take a place with a lot of people for a first date because appearances can be deceiving.

Yeah, this topic, is a real debate current and in the few years.
Gwenaelle Hatchi
Gwenaelle Hatchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayra Fernandes Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:29 pm

For me, this Black Mirror's episode shows in an exaggered scale the modern relationships. The device may seem a little futuristic, but if you think about it, that's not really different from Tinder. The only difference is that it is the system that chooses your "matchs" and not you. But it chooses based on your personality and preferences, so it's kind of the same. The interesting part for me is that there is a feeling in each couple that the system cannot predict. The perfect couple in the system can turn into a living hell, and a couple that should last 12 hours ends up being the perfect couple for a lifetime. There is no way a system can know how people will feel with each other, as known as chemistry.

I know a lot of happy couples that met online and on dating apps, so I think it's possible to find someone interesting anywhere. I don't think bad people are restrained to dating apps, they are living in the same place as everyone, so you can meet "bad guys" everywhere. It may be easier to fake it on dating apps, but like in every other situation, it's important to be always careful and try to know the person before you trust 100%.

About the coach thing, it seems a little too much for me, but maybe some people really need it to feel more confident about meeting someone they are interested in.

After all, everybody deserves to find love I love you

Mayra Fernandes

Back to top Go down

Post by Nolwenn Lautredou Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Hello !
I liked the Black Mirror episode because it was a happy ending. Usually the stories end tragically in this series.
Anyway, it is good to discuss about the new way of dating because our generation is the most concerned. I think all the app as Tinder and dating website have changed the relationship and the way to meet and fall in love with someone.
One the one hand, I agree with Gwenaëlle about the fact that it can help shy and unsociable people. Indeed, they can date through their screen and I think it's easier and less stressful.

On the other hand, having choice and several possibilities to date someone is negative. Even if you can meet someone we like, these websites and apps let us thinking that we can find better. We are constatly looking for someone else and we are never satisfied. It is like if you were in the supermarket, women and men supermarket...
So, despite all the benefits that dating website can bring to us, I think it was better before. Keep natural in our lives and meet our soulsister at work or in the bus (even if it is not too easy!).
Nolwenn Lautredou
Nolwenn Lautredou

Back to top Go down

Post by TIAN Zhekun Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:18 pm

Hello, in the beginning, I thought the black mirror like Nolwenn does. People should take the love seriously, not like in the series, the app propose you to meet the other guy. But like the system said: every thing happens for a reason. 12 hours is not a appropriate time to become a couple, on the contrary, 1 year is not a appropriate time to stay with a people with whom you can only get the sexual pleasure. So I think that the system did the thing right. It made us recognizing the real true love, even though we had made detours, as the result, we cherish more it.
For the dating apps, I think it is helpful. In the daily life, there are many people who can rarely meet the opposite sex, for example, like programmers in IT can rarely meet a girl so that the dating apps provide a good manner to it. And also, there are people who are shy, introverted who can also chat with others through the app. But I am not interested in the dating arrangement system, we shouldn't be controled by a system, in the series, if we want to stop, we shall can get a break. And if there's a people who won't get a date(like asexuality), he should be respected.
TIAN Zhekun
TIAN Zhekun

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthieu Morisset Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:45 am

Hi everyone,

I'm a huge fan of the black mirror serie. This episode was really great. I found the storyline of the episode quite romantic and sad at the same time. I'm not really against the idea of dating people according to our personality with coach ect... In fact, it's the evolution of our actual dating site i think. I also liked the process exposed in this episode, you need some relationships and fails in order to find the best person for you. I don't think it's possible in real life but this might resolve all the trouble that women are actually facing by focusing everyone on this system. This system could be able to erase all of the harassment that some men and women are victim of today.
Matthieu Morisset
Matthieu Morisset

Birthday : 1994-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Wissam Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:08 am

Hello, the BM episode was weird but had a very good quality editing. Two days ago i tested Badoo, Adopte un mec and Tinder (haven't purshased a subscription yet, never will, i hope), and the idea of swipping profiles is okay but you are limited if you don't pay ''Boosts'' or helping additional features. Its just fun to use to me.
Wissam
Wissam

Birthday : 1993-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ClémentJaunay Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:05 pm

Admin wrote:What did you think about this Black Mirror episode and what are your general views on Dating aps, the idea of arranged dating and the use of a digital coach for dating and relationships?

Hello, I'm still in time right? I forgot this Razz

I liked this episode of Black Mirror. But, I'm quite scared about the algorithm "find a match for you". In one hand it's weird because there is no more "hazard", but in the other hand it's fine because it gives you the "best" person for you, so everyone is happy (if everyone has a "best", and that's improbable). The way the show shows (haha, the show shows shoes to choose?  lol! ) how the app works is really cute (maybe too much).

About the personnal coach, it's more ... meh. It's presented like a very cold system, strictly analytic, I'm not sure it's capable to "coach" us, it's only doing experimentations to register in its system our reactions.

In general, about dating apps ... I think dating apps are good to meet people we wouldn't have. We must be careful when using them, there are lots of strange or dangerous people, but there are good points. It's quite superficial, because at first you take a look on the picture, how the person is, and then if she/he is cute for you, trying to talk to her/him. But, in a bar or a coffee, you do the same so ... It's our society.

ANYWAY, who cares ? There are sexbots now! Laughing Laughing (I'm joking, it's too expensive at the moment)

ClémentJaunay

Back to top Go down

Post by Solène Bergier Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Hello guys,

I think that Black Mirror is always scarry about what our lives could be in the future, everything could happen or almost everything!

I actually thinks that apps could be good, but nowadays, it's not well use...We can see every kind of people on it. They are not looking for same things most of the time. That is why other apps have been created to match more with expectations of different people.
In that way, i don't think we need a coach for that, people know what they are looking for and if they are on the good apps, they will be with people which could have some common points.

Maybe apps should put rules or suggest a questionnaire to people before to be accepted on the apps, it could be a way to be sure that people are looking in the same way. like that each apps could have specific points.. I don't know if it could works, but why not ...

Solène Bergier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum