Group C Discussion topic 1

Go down

Group C Discussion topic 1

Post by Admin on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:38 am

This week's homework is to discuss either Sexism or Homophobia related to Sport. Try to add something interesting and new to the discussion. You should have intelligent views on both of these subjects. a 50 word minimum post is expected.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Homophobia

Post by Chagrelle Owen on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:39 am

The Homophobia is rare in the sport's world but all the same present. Like we've seen in course with the golfer Tadd Fujikawa who is the first golfer to announce he is gay. In France there some associaction LGBT in order to have no criticism about there sexual orientation and make sport with people who understand.
For the athletes, it's a taboo subject for 50-60% approximately.
Maybe if more athletes assume there homosexuality this subject will be less taboo and we beginning to accept other people like they are.

Chagrelle Owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group C Discussion topic 1

Post by Admin on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:49 am

Chagrelle Owen wrote:The Homophobia is rare in the sport's world but all the same present. Like we've seen in course with the golfer Tadd Fujikawa who is the first golfer to announce he is gay. In France there some associaction LGBT in order to have no criticism about there sexual orientation and make sport with people who understand.
For the athletes, it's a taboo subject for 50-60% approximately.
Maybe if more athletes assume there homosexuality this subject will be less taboo and we beginning to accept other people like they are.

Is homophobia really rare in sport?

There must be a lot of homosexuals who aren't announcing it because they are frightened of the homophobic reaction. Do you really think there is only 1 gay golfer in the professional world or no gay football players?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Barraud on Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:45 pm

There is sexism in a lot situations like at job, at school but also in the sport. Often, in the sport, persons speak more masculine teams than girls teams, when girls may have the same performances or of better performances than boys. Today, persons think about still the gymnastic is a sport of girls and than the football is a sport of men. But persons have the right to choose the sport than they will practice without being judged.

Léa Barraud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeva Faverjon on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:06 pm

In the sport, we speak very little about homophobia. We speak more easily sexism because at the moment we search equality between the women and men. Despite that the equlity are not here really present in the sport. Some sport are said that for the men or that for women. A example the cheerleading, we see more women but it is also a sport for men. I think that everyone can to do all sport, he don't have sport specific for the women and the men.
For the homophobia, i think that we are not speak enough from that. The athlete dare not speak of thier sexuality because it is bad for their picture. For exemple the American football.

Maeva Faverjon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carteron Claire on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi John,
The drink-driving is very dangerous. The people who make that do not realize danger of the life. Personally I find that shameful. It is necessary to manage to put things in perspective to drink or take the steering wheel. Of more a drunkenness in the flying and very risky as much for our life as for the life of others. The revocation of licence is correct in this case there.

Carteron Claire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaury Babin on Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi Mister Cox,
Firstly, I think that everyone can to do all sports, he don't have specific sports for the womens and the mens. Some sports are classified in registrer, man or woman, but that is not to say that it's forbidden for the opposit gender.
Secondly, a lot of persons, principaly the journalists, speak more masculine teams than girls teams, but girls may have the same performances or of better performances than boys and
it's important to highlight women's performances when there are some outstanding ones.

Amaury Babin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

sexisme

Post by Charlotte Sauvaget on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:43 pm

Hello my John, i hope your week is going well,
Example of sexism: But these discriminations are not exclusive to major international events. At the end of 2011, for example, the two star teams of French women's football (Paris Saint-Germain and Olympique Lyonnais), yet in full glory, did not have the right to compete at the Parc des Princes the reason "logistics" invoked being that the lawn should remain in good condition for the men's matches. In fact, although the French players have a sufficient level to finish semi-finalists of the World Cup or that the Lyonnaises win two years in a row the European Cup, the big stadiums are never open to them. It is inadmissible in our time with the equality of man and woman.

Charlotte Sauvaget

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:52 pm

Charlotte Sauvaget wrote:Hello my John, i hope your week is going well,
Example of sexism: But these discriminations are not exclusive to major international events. At the end of 2011, for example, the two star teams of French women's football (Paris Saint-Germain and Olympique Lyonnais), yet in full glory, did not have the right to compete at the Parc des Princes the reason "logistics" invoked being that the lawn should remain in good condition for the men's matches. In fact, although the French players have a sufficient level to finish semi-finalists of the World Cup or that the Lyonnaises win two years in a row the European Cup, the big stadiums are never open to them. It is inadmissible in our time with the equality of man and woman.

I agree with you.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CONIO Luigi on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:26 am

Hello John,

I want to talk bout sexism in sport, today I think that before it was news.
For example some sports it was just for the man and not woman, I think the the man was considerate like most appropriated to practice sport than woman.
Today the woman are almost equally with the men in sports and this is a good way to stop the sexism.
The woman are represented in many events what was not the case before.

CONIO Luigi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Renouard Mélys on Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:53 pm

Hello John,
Sexism is very present in the world still today of sport despite what we can think and it's a subject very intersting. Today this problem is much less problematic than before because before women were not allowed to play sports or even to attend a competition or a sports meeting. Some people speak of "masculine" sport, but all sports can be treated as much by men as by women. In France there are many prejudices such as rugby or football is for boys but it's completely wrong. A lot of girls practice these sports and this maybe better than some men. Girls achieve amazing sports performace like men. Many people have struggled and still struggle for gender equality and it must exist in the world of sport as well.

Renouard Mélys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevin hilson on Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:32 pm

Hello today I'm going to talk about sexism and homophibia. For me the sexism is a bad things because many girls are hurt by men everyday at work at school or at home to. The homophobia is very bad to because the homophibia can touch Peaople and suicide him.

kevin hilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Coffier on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:55 am

Hello, my name is Paul and i want to talk about the sexism in sport. I can speak about a problem, in particular that of the adaptation of the rules of the game for the women but also some discrimination by contribution to the wages. Despite a major evolution in recent years, a lot of work remains to be done. Although women's performances are often worse than men's, there is no equality. To remedy this problem, women must continue to show their commitment to sport.
Paul Coffier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GARNIER Alexandre on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:56 am

Hello John,
So I talk of sexisme in sport.
I think there is a real différence between a sports men and women for example in her salary. For example, Floyd Mayweather win 285 millions dollars and Maria Sharapova win "only" 27 millions dollars. The difference mediatique it's propably the cause of this gape.
We can also see form of sexisme from the number of spectateur attenting a competiton.

GARNIER Alexandre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules plard on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:05 pm

Hello, I'm going to talk about sexism in the soprt middle.
As everyone know, sexism is present in all part of society, in the middle of the sport, sexism is very apparent, I could give you a simple exemple : the hours of diffusion of the female sport ; the diffusion is late in the night if their is a diffusion. the second example is the salary : their a large difference between men's salary and women's salary, I'm against this unfaire difference, in my opinion, men and women should have the same right, the same salary and the same hours of diffusion.

Jules plard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GUEDES Anthony on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Hello john,
I will talk about homophobia in sport. Like in the everyday life many of the gay athletes stay quiet about their homophobie. The most part of the time they are affraid of the judgment of the team or they are affraid of being reject of the team.

GUEDES Anthony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

sexism in sports

Post by Corentin Donnou on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:19 pm

Hello Mr. Cox,
I'm going to talk about sexism in sports, the man woman equality is not respected in sport, indeed one of the biggest sports event is the football world cup, it's event very popular in the world but this tournament only concerns men, world cup for women is not famous, it very important that mentalitie change but it will be long...
Corentin Donnou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sexism

Post by Geoffrey Belon on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:13 pm

Hello sir Cox.
I'm going to talk about the story between serena Williams and a referee during a game of Tennis.Serena Williams was awarded a penalty game and fined $ 17,000 for her behavior in the US Open final. The American then accused Portuguese referee Carlos Ramos of "sexism".
She has received the support of several great players, but also the director of the WTA.
The director said that there should not be any difference of degree in the tolerance of emotions expressed by men and women he is committed to ensuring that all players are treated the same way. Which was not the case in the match with Williams.

Geoffrey Belon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Sourbé on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:57 pm

Hello Mister Cox,

I will treat the subject on sexism. In the world of sport, women sometimes find it difficult to be recognized at the same stage as men, In some sports, women are little known in weightlifting, rugby ... This phenomenon can be seen especially on remuneration and access to certain disciplines. For as much the women fight as much as the men to achieve the best sports performance in the world of sport. Women must continue to fight against sexism.

Dylan Sourbé

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Germes Simon on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Hello Mr Cox
I'm gonna talk about sexism. Sexism is everywhere and of course we can find it in sport. I think that the biggest probleme is that medias talk less about women than men. Because of that they are not recognized by the public. They have to keep fighting and show that women in sport are as much impressive than men or even more.

Germes Simon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The sexsime

Post by mperez11 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:55 pm

sexism is less and less present in sport. Indeed every week a league match 1 feminine is diffuse. Nevertheless certain athletes find the sexism always present as serena williams shows on the final of the open. after receiving a game and a penalty score and is violent towards the referee and expresses sexism as a gesture of this act that if the player was male he would not have done. The results being that serenna ended up losing the match. The cause was here or else. The sexiest in the sport remains a subject still very open

mperez11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by abocquet on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:29 pm

Slowly women's football is developing, the equality of men and women is still far away, but it is progressing. Clubs develop women's sections, D1 teams become more professional, and salaries increase. In addition, since the beginning of the season, Canal + broadcasts the entirety of the D1 league games, TF1 has bought the rights to broadcast the 2019 World Cup, which will be a first for this highly watched channel to broadcast a football match. female. Finally, to my delight, the national teams have appeared in FIFA. Let's to play!!!

abocquet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down