UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group B discussion topic 1.

+19
JessieJ
Emma Allegre
Alex MOLIN PRADEL
Kévin PUIGELIER
Maxence Mathieu
Fontaine Emma
Czubkowski Antoiine
louis-charpentier
Maxime Boisson
Mathilde BAJON
Lila.Michaud
puech lily
Chloé Cardin
Chloé Demarville
BREILLAD Enzo
thomasbrosseau
CHAVAGNAT Louis
gaétane soulet
Admin
23 posters

Go down

Group B discussion topic 1.  Empty Group B discussion topic 1.

Post by Admin Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:16 pm

This week's homework is to discuss either Sexism or racism related to Sport. Try to add something interesting and new to the discussion. You should have intelligent views on both of these subjects. a 50 word minimum post is expected.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group B discussion topic 1.  Empty Re: Group B discussion topic 1.

Post by gaétane soulet Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:09 pm

Hello,
today I am going to talk about racism and sexism in sport.
Since its creation, sport has been practiced by men. The more years pass and the more people of this world are interested: women. This sui will generate separations between these 2 individuals. In the more current sport, there is a sort of classification of the disciplines of "feminine" and "masculine", such as gymnastics and football, which are 2 totally different sports. But if we search a little we say that just because we see more women in gymnastics than men and vice versa.
From primary school to high school and club, there is verbal violence between people especially between men and women and people of different colors. This can have very serious repercussions in people's health. And most of the time, it starts from a little reflection in not being too bad but then it gets worse, like everything ...
To end in the current sport, sexism and racism is seen less than when the sport was still "young" because the mentality to evolve over time

gaétane soulet

Back to top Go down

Post by CHAVAGNAT Louis Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:18 pm

Today, I want to talk about how sport can contributed to fight racism in our society. First, sport is highly publicized and could serve as a model for a better construction of society. Moreover sport has extraordinary potential, it undoubtedly has the ability to connect people, to teach them to respect the rules of the game, to behave with dignity in victory as in defeat.
Sadly, It can only be a reflection of society. Sport sometimes poses a problem as such because it reinforces certain stereotypes. For example the man as being stronger than the woman, the black more athletic than the white man. To conclude, every day you need in sport to fight this stereotypes and to alert consciences for a better society.

CHAVAGNAT Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasbrosseau Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:32 pm

Hello
I'm going to talk about racism in sport. Sport is a place where we can see racism everytime. And it's a very bad thing because it's not good for the image of sports. We can think racism is only present is sports like football. This week a team supporter of "Olympique Lyonnais" get caught doing a nazi sign during a match. But racism is present on every sports. We can see in south africa, the racism on the national rugby team against the black men or in Judo when a marrocan women o egyptian man refused to shaking hand with their israelian opponent. But sport can be used to fight against racism as we had seen at olympics games of 1968 where tommie smith and john carlos did the power salute on the podium.
I think sport must be used to fight against racism because it's a place where all the nationality are participating.

thomasbrosseau

Back to top Go down

Post by BREILLAD Enzo Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:14 pm

Dealing with the subject of racism and discrimination in all kind of sports make us aware of few things. A lot of women are still considered in the society as the “weaker sex” and this could be seen in sports.. for instance, a woman who excels in her sport will almost always be compared to men (which isn’t the case for men)..
But we could also add that sport is something physical and women could have to retire to bring up children, so their “condition” could be prejudiced too.

BREILLAD Enzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Demarville Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:48 pm

I'm going to talk about racism in sport. More exactly, I'm going to speak athletes who through the sport fought against the racism. First of all, we can take the example of the Olympics of Mexico in 1968. During the ceremony of 200m, two black athletes raised their black's gloved fist to fight against racial segregations in the United States. The third white athlete on the podium participated too, discreetly, in this symbol of the fight against the civil rights in the United States. More recent, during the olympics of 2016, the athletes Brazilian reacted in the face of racist and sexist remarks.

Chloé Demarville

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Cardin Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Hey, the subject of this week is sexism or racism in sport. We can said that this notion evolved relative to the last century. Sport has the power to bring people together, bridge differences and promote communication and understanding. But sometimes it's the reflection of the behavior of our society. Actually in the news we can see a racist and sexism problem between the referee and Serena Williams. He would have sanctioned her for an invalid reason.
The sport can be beneficial or sometimes stress the problems of the society. Frequently sports brings people together on a common ground.

Chloé Cardin

Back to top Go down

Post by puech lily Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Hi, I will talk about the subject of this week that is the sexism and racism in sports. Let's talk about racism in football, during an amical match between France and Russia on march 2018, screams of monkeys were heard when Ousmane Dembelé shoots two corners and also against Paul Pogba. It's really a shame
Then in Dortmund, something never seen before happened during a football match between England and Germany, two English people did the nazi salute to provocate the German supporters. These people were obviously forbidden to matches for life.

puech lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Lila.Michaud Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:29 pm

Today, I will talk about racism which is unfortunately still present in sport. Last week, we have abordating some subjets like Serena Williams or also Colin Kaepernick who hare both legends in their respective sports. One (Colin) opposed to the American political system against Donald Trump during the national anthem, what reminds us Tommie Smith and John Carlos at the 1968 Olympic Games, and the other (Serena), got angry during a match but accuses the referee of racism because he made him lose the match. We agree, in one of these two stories, one is more exaggerated but they show that racism, at different scales, can touch everyone in any circumstance and that one has the choice to oppose it, or to do nothing.

Lila.Michaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde BAJON Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:30 am

Hello,
Today I'm going to talk about sexism in sport. Nowadays, there are few example which show us that men and women are not equal in sport. First, the media coverage, a lot of men's championships are covered, in every sport, whereas there is rarely a women's championship on TV. On top of that, in the popular opinion, the men have to practice sport to be a real men, with a lot of muscles, but it's not the case for women, even if they are more and more present in the sport. To conclude, I think racism is everywhere in sport but there is an improvement since the 20th century.

Mathilde BAJON

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxime Boisson Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:29 pm

Hello, today I talk about racism in sport about the movie Inverson, a black basketball player, because I see that yesterday. He talk about a great player with lot of talent and a very big heart for a kid of street and when he have 18 years old he see a fight with the black people and the whithe people in a bowling. Saldly a friend of Allen Inverson have a video with himself but we can clearly see that he leaves when he sees the fight. So Allen did not fight but white people recognize him and he go to the jail during a few months ans stop momentaly the sports and the basketball

Maxime Boisson

Back to top Go down

Post by louis-charpentier Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:30 pm

hello, today i'm going to talk about the movie "invictus" because in this movie the topic "racism in sport" is here but this movie talk about to gather people around a sport and a team. The movie take place in 90's when Nelson Mandela came to power after being released from jail. Throughout history, we learn how Nelson Mandela succeeded to initing the South Africa people. First he uses the National Rugby team (composed of white people) by proposing to captain of this team to hoist his team to first step of podium. But at the beginning of the story black people supported the English Team and Whites people supported their National Team. During the story Nelson Mandela uses various stratagems to overcome his goal and succeeded in uniting hi people thanks to the victory of South-Africa during the World Cup.

louis-charpentier

Back to top Go down

Post by Czubkowski Antoiine Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi, today i'm talking about the racism and sexism in the sport. To begining, sport was only practice by the men.
Now we can see women doing the same things that the men. Racism is an other problem. For exemple Jesse Owens during the 1936 Olympic Games.
On my mind, this problem should have been finish since a lot of time. Or this problem should never have existed. i can't understand the opinion against the colored people. i can't understand the sexism too.
Today, more and more people stop the sexism and a balance born. But it musn't that problem change to the other side.

Czubkowski Antoiine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fontaine Emma Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:56 pm

Hello,
Today i'm going to talk about sexism in sport. First of all, the sexism is very present in the sport but not really noticeable. For example, a football match where the men are playing is most popular and attract more people in stadiums, while the women play in almost empty stadiums. In the same direction, the men are more paid than the women, and often, the women are not professional so they are not paid.
Then, recently, a french woman tennis player changed her tee-shirt during the match, so people saw the underwear of woman, and the umpire gave a warning. While, the men are authorized to change tee-shirt during the match. The rules are not the same for the men or women, what is regrettable.

Fontaine Emma

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxence Mathieu Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi everybody. I think that the racism and the sexism in the sport is representative of what's going on our world daily. Indeed, in our society, some job are refused to some people because they are black skinned, or because they are women. And in the sport, this sexism is present look like in the Beach-volley that is the only sport where the women have to wear clothes that are defined by the settlement. The racism is also present because some sports are inaccessible to some country.

Maxence Mathieu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kévin PUIGELIER Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:28 pm

hello about this subject I think it is very interesting and more and more known. Besides, we saw during the World Cup that pogba and dembele were insulted by monkeys! I think this is shameful and must be punished very quickly! For me, all people are equal whether you are a man or a woman or even of any origin.

Kévin PUIGELIER

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex MOLIN PRADEL Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:38 pm

I am going to talk about sexism in the sport
Forms of sexism in sport are multiple: complicated access to certain disciplines, unfair pay, less media coverage. But also sexist remarks from men, from the sports community (coaches, competitors), and more particularly, from those who do not know the sport. Stereotypes are very important for some disciplines such as "girls love dancing and boys play football". For the women's sport to develop a greater mediatisation especially to the television would be necessary. This will allow more female athletes to be professional with a salary equivalent to men. And so reduce the inequality men/women and sexism in sport.

Alex MOLIN PRADEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Allegre Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:45 pm

Hello,
Today, I'm going to talk about sexism in sport. Even if there is progress in equality between men and women, there are still some points where women don't find their place. For exemple, they would be less attractive for sports sponsorship. It's less interesting to sponsor a women's rugby team than men's rugby team. Because women's sport is not yet publicized at the same level as men's sport. It's one of the forms of sexism in sport.

Emma Allegre

Back to top Go down

Group B discussion topic 1.  Empty Sexism in sport

Post by JessieJ Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:53 pm

Hello, today we are going to talk about the sexism in sport.
From my point of view, the sexism in sport are less present today compared to twentieth century. Before, women could not participate in a marathon because the doctors thought they were physically unable to do it.
I don't know if I 'm right, but for me, the sexism in sport almost never exists anymore.

JessieJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Joaquin Bachelier Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi, today, i'm going to talk about racism and sexism related in sport. I think sport is a good way to fight racism and sexism because there are values in sport, like respect for each others that make these horribles things don't have place in sport. But, in some sports like football, there is always racism in Italia for exemple. Indeed, the supporters don't like black players and the show them during the matchs. this is why a lot of them rather to go in an other club in Europe. For sexism, i think there is not anymore because there is a lot a women team now, like in football or basketball or Rugby.
So, i think sport can beat racism and sexism in the future.

Joaquin Bachelier

Back to top Go down

Post by DONNARY Louis Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:32 pm

Today I am going to speak to you about the racism and about the sexism in the environment of the sport in particular in the handball, I thought that this did not cross in the handball but I lived this experience with my team when we were to play against another team! To support them my team member of blacks treated, they said that they had to return to his country and never return and it shocked me Andy I shall never be as it is nobody there.

DONNARY Louis

Back to top Go down

Group B discussion topic 1.  Empty Racisme

Post by benjamin3 Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:12 pm

Sorry for the late homework. During the olympic games of mexico in 1968, John Carlos and Tommie Smith who finished the 200 meter race in first and third place, protested against racial segregation. They protested by both looking down and lifting one arm up to sky during the united states national amthem. They were finally both excluded from the olympic games.

benjamin3

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementiine Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:32 pm

The discrimination of women in sport is a widespread phenomenon. To this day, there are still sports in which women are still very unwelcome, and in the minority.
It dates back to the beginning of the sport's history because it was created for them at the time.
There is still something new in women's sports, in 2012, women's boxing is open to women, in 2014, women represent 40% of athletes, in 2018, out of 108 French entered in the Olympics, 44 are women.

Clementiine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down