Laughing
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Group 2 First discussion subject

Post by Diana Gashi 1 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:27 pm

Hello !!!!!

I like this subject !!! Very Happy and in english it's more intresseting Laughing

So I'll speak about job or internship research. For me it's was difficult to find an internship because I didn't know anyone who worked in the company I want. And that makes me angry because I just want having the oppurtunity to show my skills to the director. So sometimes we don't have the equality of opportinity.

And I couldn't agree more Manon when she speaks about business schools and their price of entry, if you don't have money you can't go, so we aren't equality.

Thank you !!! See you soon Smile

Diana Gashi 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEGEAU PAULINE on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Yes true Diana... It's so hard to find job or intership when you know anyone... But as it's hard, it's more rewarding when we find without anyone !

I just think that if inequality doesn't exist, we don't see equality too. Like good and bad or blanck and white. Finally, as there is everything in France, it's pretty rpresentative about the most important value of our country, laicity !

FLEGEAU PAULINE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blong on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:21 pm

About equality I am mostly thinking about equality of opportunities and I definitely agree with you about business schools and their overpriced fees. I think everybody should have the same chance to try to study in any domain they want to even if there are failures. I have always been told that if you don't try you don't know but you need to have the opportunity to do this. But unfortunately, most of the time brakes are social background and money.
Blong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Léanne Imare on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:27 pm

Hello guys! I'm going to talk about my point of view about " Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité".
First "liberté". My vision of freedom is not related to our country.
As someone said earlier, the notion of fredom is very complicated and each person has his own defition of it.
I, for one, don't feel free at all. I think that every of my actions and choices are controlled by society rules. I can't live asI want if I don't do some compromises. If i want to eat I need money so I need to work. Nowadays everything is ruled by money. Sometimes I just want to be an animal or to go back to those days when human didn't that other humans exist and they were doing what they wanted to do. Now if you want to eat an apple go to school, then find a work after gain some money and at this moment you will have the right to eat the apple. They are people dying of hunger and without help they can't live. I don't think this is normal because we were borne with the capacity to find food, water and every essential things that can allow us to live. I don't think that our society or our way of living today is bad. However, I think that the notion of freedom stops or changes when limits, rules, and boundaries start.

I'm sorry I know it's kind of akward and I don't know if I managed to be understandable but this what I think. I didn't meant to write such a long text, so I will stop here. Maybe I'll come back another day to whrite about " égalité" and "fraternité".

Good night guys, and thank you for those who will have the courage to read all of this! XD

Léanne Imare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEGEAU PAULINE on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi Leane !

I would like to bounce on your point of view ! It's very radical view ^^ and interesting too !
You talk about money like we can not do anything without money, for Western socities I think it's true but for socities where doesn't have colonization and who are "still in their juices". I have in my mind an example of population, I don't remember the name, they live in south of Africa on little island... But people still live with barter ("troc"), so without money and there is still inequality... Some people build home and their wages are goat, sheep
Money is our inequality, in other country it's other thing ...

So If you do not want to worry about money, bartering, etc.... I think it's better to become an aninal Wink (A cat it's good idea, sleep, eat and purr all the day, it's good life Laughing cat )

Léanne Imare wrote:Hello guys! I'm going to talk about my point of view about " Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité".
First "liberté".  My vision of freedom is not related to our country.
As someone said earlier, the notion of fredom is very complicated and each person has his own defition of it.
I, for one, don't feel free at all. I think that every of my actions and choices are controlled by society rules. I can't live asI want if I don't do some compromises. If i want to eat I need money so I need to work. Nowadays everything is ruled by money. Sometimes I just want to be an animal or to go back to those days when human didn't that other humans exist and they  were doing what they wanted to do. Now if you want to eat an apple go to school, then find a work after gain some money and at this moment you will have the right to eat the apple. They are people dying of hunger and without help they can't live. I don't think this is normal because we were borne with the capacity to find food, water and every essential things that can allow us to live. I don't think that our society or our way of living today is bad.  However, I think that the notion of freedom stops or changes when limits, rules, and boundaries start.

I'm sorry I know it's kind of akward and I don't know if I managed to be understandable but this what I think. I didn't meant to write such a long text, so I will stop here. Maybe I'll come back another day to whrite about " égalité" and "fraternité".

Good night guys, and thank you for those who will have the courage to read all of this! XD

FLEGEAU PAULINE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelie Trarieux on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:47 pm

Hi guys! I just wanted to say that I completely agree with Pauline on the fact that "I just think that if inequality doesn't exist, we don't see equality too. Like good and bad or blanck and white."

I think that it's a really interesting point of view because it takes all kinds to make a world (not sure that's a correct expression sorry). So of course I wish for all humans to be equal and for all french to be equal as well but it's probably something we won't ever reach (but we should still work towards it).

Concerning equality of opportunity and studies for example (business schools and others), it is indeed very sad that education is not free for all but we are very lucky to live in France where universities don't cost much and where we can have scholarships. In many countries, people have to work a lot before applying to universities and mostly masters ( like in India, many people only apply for masters when they are 28 or 30 because they had to save lots of money before, or even in a country like Canada!)

And to Léanne, some days I wish as well that we could live in a system where money doesn't rule everything ( JUST LIKE THE SMURFS) but I guess that's not happening anytime soon...
Amelie Trarieux

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:55 pm

The Smurfs No No No affraid
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Babis Papageorgiou on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:05 pm

Hello everybody again!

I'm not sure if it was a second part of the discussion the question:''When you talk about Equality in France are you talking about Equality of opportunity or equality of result?''
That's why I didn't answer yet.
But I shaw all of you answered in it so I 'll do the same Smile

I don't really know actually what happens here in France according the equality of opportunity. Ok I can imagine if you have someone known that he works in a company it's more likely to get the job than someone else with the same abilities. I believe the selection in the universities is more faire. You don't meet selection in races or nationalities. The oportunities are same for everyone and that's something beautifull here in France. I can speak by experience when I made the erasmus program in Montpellier and now that I'm here and responding in this chat.

Babis Papageorgiou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2