series - 13 reasons why

Go down

series - 13 reasons why

Post by Meghane Cren on Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi guys ! Razz

Well today we will discuss a sensitive subject : SERIES. To know that I am what is called : FANATIC ! I love them, whether they are in animated forms, they are American, Japanese, Swedish, Spanish, I am DIE (I assure you, I have a life outside). GOD THX FOR CREATING NETFLIX ! (We'll say "HI" at Disneyflix soon !) So I could have told you about The Vampire Diaries, Stranger Things, GoT (obviously, the big favorite no offense to the haters), Atypical, New Girl, Flash, Supergirl, Grey's Anatomy, Riverdale, Shingeki no Kyojin, Tokyo Ghoul, Fairy Tail, etc. etc. But no. I decided to talk about a series that touched me in my heart I love you .

And on the occasion of this work, I decided to watch it one more time. This series is : 13 reasons why.

Why this series ? Simply because it has jostled the codes by addressing a taboo subject, a sensitive subject, a widespread subject but ignore too much.

To situate the story, Hannah Baker, a young high school girl committed suicide. She is the narrator of the series and tells why she got there, she gives the 13 reasons for her act. Thirteen reasons that she recorded on cassette and that she transmitted to the persons responsible for her death.

Hard to watch, but open the mind. The series generates unprecedented awareness. I do not tell you more, but get ready to enjoy.

See u next week to approach the 1st episode in detail
Meghane Cren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SERIE : 13 reasons why

Post by Diana Gashi 1 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Hello,

For my this exercice it's difficult for me because I don't watch too many series, I think in my life I watched only two series... I guess I'm too lazy to take my computer and research an intresseting serie...
But I watched 13 reasons why and I really liked !! And I watched it in english king
Well, let's talk about the series bounce
It's a story of a schoolgirl who committed suicide, but before that she recorded cassette tapes. On the tapes, she explains why she decided to end her life. She gives the tapes to a friend with a word where she asks to forward to everyone who is concerned by these tapes.
It's a drama teen, in high school in United-States. It's captivating because in each episode we will discover a new tapes, and we will learn more about her suicide.
It's tragedic but I like Smile

Diana Gashi 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

13 reason why (I thing it's not spoil, but I'm not sure!!)

Post by FLEGEAU PAULINE on Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:07 pm

Hi !!

I choose to talck about "13 reason why"

I'm at the beginning of season 2 and I admit to having trouble continuing to watch the series ... Not because it's in English, simply because the story becomes flat. It does not happen much ... However I was told that there was an unexpected event at the end of the season, so I will continue to watch it !

If not, I have trouble watching series in English because I often do something else next Rolling Eyes (cooking, cleaning, etc. ..). So it's possible to talk about book too ?

Courage to me! And courage of you ! Laughing

FLEGEAU PAULINE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: series - 13 reasons why

Post by FLEGEAU PAULINE on Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:19 pm

I just realized that I didn't writte the sum up of the series, it's a story of a schoolgirl who committed suicide... But WHY SHE MAKES THAT ?! She explains on 13 tapes.

It's a little drama teen in high school in USA. It's about topics we can meet, harassment. It's amplify on this series and totally tragic... But it's interesting too because isn't a conceal topic. Adults do not know what's going on behind the walls of the school, sometimes children can be hard, it's reality and no body talks about it ! 13 reason why allowed to talk about suicide.

Have nice day !

FLEGEAU PAULINE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SERIES: 13 reasons why

Post by farah ayedi on Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:17 pm

Hi,
In general, I have trouble watching the series because I think it takes a lot of time and generally, there are several seasons for the same serie over the years, and everytime you feel attracted to watch the following season.
That's why I like watching movies more than series, it's shorter and the story ends when the film is over.
I think that I watched two series in my life Cool

But I choose to watch "13 reasons why" because it's recommended by many of you and I like when it's about a throwback in time.
I think it talks about a young high school girl who committed suicide. She tells why she arrived there and she gives the 13 reasons for her act.

So I hope I will enjoy it.
Have a nice weekend for all.
farah ayedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meghane Cren on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:34 pm

Hey ! I watched (again) the 1st episode of the series to give u little summary. Enjoy the riding that follow. Laughing

During this episode, we learn that Hanna committed suicide. From the beginning, we attend a communication course, the speaker addresses the fact that u have to communicate if u feel bad or if u observe a friend changed behaviour. And we see Clay Jensen, main character, who seems to relive the moment spent with Hanna. He remembers her, she misses him. We meet little by little all the characters. We observe behaviour of each face this drama, many behaviours seem strange, not natural. The only person who seems honest is Hanna's mother : destroyed, disillusioned, lost. She doesn’t understand why her daughter. But the story really starts when Clay returns at home and finds a package for him at his doorstep. A box filled with tapes. Tapes that were recorded by Hanna before she killed herself. Thirteen tapes that she says, explains everything that made her no longer want to live. The first tape then gives rise to a flashback : the day Hanna met Justin Foley, the first person who would hurt him. She’ll live her first relationship with him, and will regret it soon. He’ll start rumours about her, he’ll say that they had sex together, which was really not the case. But we know how young people react to such stories : gossip, gossip. And the noise is spreading. And the reputation is created. This will be the first tape, the first reason. There are twelve others.

See u next for another summary. bounce
Meghane Cren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by farah ayedi on Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:05 am

Hi! I watched 2 episodes of the series during this week, so let's talk about it.

While the high school and her family still shocked by the disappearance of Hanna, Clay Jensen finds a box full of anonymous tapes on the front of his door. He realizes that it is his classmate Hannah Baker, who has committed suicide, is talking to him in this tapes to explain everything that triggered her suicide.
Clay begins to listen to the first tape, in which Hannah recounts the story of her relationship with Justin Foley which she regrets because he tells rumours about her and shows his friends a Hannah's photo in a compromising position.

On the 2nd episode, Hannah recalls her friendship with two other students Jessica and Alex who get together and stop hanging out with Hannah. When Alex breaks with her, Jessica blames Hannah. In the present, Hannah's mother, Olivia, finds a note in her daughter's manual that leads her to believe that Hannah has been harassed.
In the meantime, some friends begin to]understand that Clay is listening to Hannah's recordings.

See you in the next week Smile
farah ayedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axelle Cantone on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:37 pm

Hi Farah Smile Are you starting the first season? I was really looking forward to the second season but I was really disappointed. I don't want to tell you more but in my opinion it should not have had a second season No You will let me know what do you think about that bounce

Axelle Cantone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by farah ayedi on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Hello Smile Yes I started the first season, the beginning seems tragic but there is suspense which pushes me to continue watching to know the 13 reasons Wink But I don't know really if I will watch the 2nd season especially after what you said confused

Last edited by farah ayedi on Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
farah ayedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axelle Cantone on Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Noooooo my comment doesn't matter  Very Happy , continue the two seasons and so we can talk about it together and compare our points of view Laughing

Axelle Cantone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by farah ayedi on Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:38 pm

I will continue watching the 2nd season certainly if I will like the end oh the 1st one Wink
farah ayedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axelle Cantone on Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:58 pm

You're right, good idea Razz

Axelle Cantone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meghane Cren on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Everyone,

This weekend I took the time to watch 13RW while the Riverdale, Dynasty series resumed.
In this episode, the 2nd trigger, reason of the malaise of Hanna, we learn that she befriended an unusual duo, Jessica and Alex. Her first glimmer of hope according to her. "Friendship is complicated (...) it will even hurt you a bit, even a little more than a little but don’t worry you will survive." She said in her cassette. Namely, Jess and Hanna met in their headmaster's office, who told them that she was worried about them being isolated and that they could become friends. What they found ridiculous about the moment, but that unconsciously, they did. They have the habit of going to take the "hot chocolate between girlfriend" in a cafe in the city center. It was there that they met Alex, a young boy with an atypical look. From this meeting was born a friendship between the three teenagers, but this agreement will be short-lived. Jessica and Alex, who have developed loving feelings for each other, will decide to maintain a hidden relationship and don’t talk to Hanna. They’ll start by avoiding him, then by not talking to him anymore. Hanna deeply hurt, will not understand the reasons for this sidelining. A short time later, a list written by the boys will be strolling down the halls. A list on which Alex would have written that Hannah was the most attractive girl. Later, he will break up with Jessica who will think that Hanna and Alex go out together in secret. She insults Hanna with "slut" and slaps her. "Friendship is complicated."
Meghane Cren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEGEAU PAULINE on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:29 pm

I love your sum up Mëghane ! If I want take 13RW over, I just need to read your post ! Smile
So GOOD JOB !!!! Laughing

FLEGEAU PAULINE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by farah ayedi on Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi!
I watched the 3rd episode of 13 reasons why and if I can assign a title for the episode it will be "Jealousy and gossip take a toll on Hannah's relationships".
So in this episode, because of the "hot list" which I talked about it in the last episode, Hannah gets assaulted daily and guys start to grab her, make lewd comments, and take pictures.
In the same time, Alex is not taking Hannah's suicide too well and blames himself for her death. He's listened to the tapes twice and knows that what he did was wrong. And the same case for Olivia, who still can't seem to find a reason why Hannah killed herself and she comes to the conclusion that Hannah was being bullied and that's all the evidence she needs.
In the other side, there were the principal, Gary Bolan and the counselor, Kevin Porter, who were talking about the lawsuit, the principal asks the counselor if Hannah ever came to him for help. He dismisses this, the principal leaves and he pulls out a journal calendar, he takes out a page, the date is shown to be October 10, 2017, we don't know it yet but this is the day Hannah tries to get help about what is going on and what had happened to her, but ultimately kills herself.
See you in the next episode Wink
farah ayedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down