Maniac TV-Series

Go down

Maniac TV-Series

Post by Babis Papageorgiou on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:43 am

Hello eneryone,

First of all, I wanted to say to Mr. John -if he is listening to me- that it's unfair to see an English serie while I came in France to study in French.haha
Anyway if someone knows a really good french serie too,feel free to suggest it to me.That would be helpfull for my level of French.

According the TV series,I saw some of them in the past years that I really liked such as Sons of Anarchy, Peaky Blinders, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Shameless, Sherlock, Rick and Morty, Daredevil, True detective, Stranger Things. The problem is that I totally get into the serie and I could speak for hours about them and express my feelings. So do not hesitate if someone wants to share his/her passion about one of them.
That's why I decided to start a new one called 'Maniac'.Actually I read an article that convinced me ,who described it as a 'mind f*ck,futuristic colourful and together depressing,sci-fi and extreamily clever serie' from 2 young and a lot promising directors named Cary Joji Fukunaga and Patrick Somerville. The story is about 2 strangers (Emma Stone and Jonah Hill -yeah the funny guy-) who are drawn to a mysterious pharmaceutical trial that will, they're assured, with no complications or side-effects whatsoever, solve all of their problems, permanently.

I saw two episodes and I'm still completely lost.
I will come back when I will figure it out.

Babis Papageorgiou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maniac TV-Series

Post by Admin on Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:13 am

Hey Babis, we all know that French is the new "Greek", you need to be fluent in English or give up. Twisted Evil

Good list of TV series for other students to see. Amelie is looking for something to push her English a bit so see if she is interested in any of the suggestions you make.

Keep me updated on Maniac, I haven't seen it, but I'm worried that it may be targetting a more youthful market than me. so I'll wait to hear before I put it on my list to watch.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Maniac TV-Series (SPOILER ALERT)

Post by Babis Papageorgiou on Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:43 pm

I finished the 1st season (there isn't another one, as far as I know) and I don't think that will be one with the same casting, because the story has a potential end.
Anyway, I didn't really got very satisfied about the serie. Ok, it was something prototype as a scenario and the acting wasn't so bad. Also I can give a point to the suspence that there was till the end.(It wasn't so difficult in 10 episodes but still). But I didn't understand also why to put a funny note in such a serious serie so that It seemed stupid sometimes.
Concerning the story,is about two differend people who have both emotionally difficulties and are addicted to drugs in a futuristic society in which people consume drug-pills for fun. They decide for different reasons each one to participate with a team into some drug tests of 3 phases (three different pills) in an official scientific lab who promises them to cure the addiction and the side-effects that they have. The serie follows the past of the main 2 characters Owen and Annie and the 'drug-trips' that they have during each phase of the experiment. It describes also the human nature of the scientists who are responsible for this experiment. During the experiments Owen and Annie develope a power relation between them who is actually going to help them after the experiments no matter what is the result. The serie passes a strong possitif message despite its depressing nature.

Babis Papageorgiou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maniac TV-Series

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down