UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group C Discussion topic 2

+17
Chagrelle Owen
kevin hilson
Amaury Babin
Germes Simon
Dylan Sourbé
Renouard Mélys
CONIO Luigi
Geoffrey Belon
Charlotte Sauvaget
GARNIER Alexandre
Paul Coffier
GUEDES Anthony
Aurelien Lavauzelle
Léa Barraud
Carteron Claire
abocquet
Admin
21 posters

Go down

Group C Discussion topic 2 Empty Group C Discussion topic 2

Post by Admin Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:01 am

Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité is the motto of France. How much does it reflect the France that you know? Minimum of 50 words.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group C Discussion topic 2 Empty Re: Group C Discussion topic 2

Post by abocquet Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:35 pm

It's a nice motto. However I think it's an utopia. It represents values that we want for our country, a country where we should live the life that we want, we should be equal what cares that we are french or we have origins, we are male or female, rich or poor.... I think the motto must create a peace country, where everybody live together and the differences of others are accepted. Sadly, these values are respected by the loy but not by the people. Mentalities are not again too developped, and people are too classified in social categories.
Liberté, égalité, fraternité are the values of the Republique but they aren't the valuers of all citizens.

abocquet

Back to top Go down

Post by Carteron Claire Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:27 pm

For me, Freedom, equality, brotherhood represents the currency of France. It is three words are words symbolic for our country. However it remains a utopia because there are far too many homeless people, who starve or still people outlawed.
French aren't equal, there are poor people, thus rich ones how let us can be equal us? We speak about freedom? What freedom? When we see all which can take place as attacks or still attacks in the street.
We have a very beautiful country but this currency is idealized.

Carteron Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Barraud Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:39 pm

For me, the motto of France, Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, reflect the France just on some points.
Yes, citizens are free but they must also law respect, at risk of sanctions. I think that equality is not always respect. For example, a poor person is not always treat like a rich person. And finally, fraternity is a big word because french are not all unite.
Liberty, Equality, Fraternity is all the same a nice motto.

Léa Barraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelien Lavauzelle Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:14 pm

Hello John, for me this motto no reprensent the France. For me the motto of France would be rather, work for those who do not work and benefits from the government. But it's only my opinion. The France beacame bad government.

Aurelien Lavauzelle

Back to top Go down

Post by GUEDES Anthony Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:22 pm

I don't think that liberty, equality, fraternity reflect totally the france cause comparate to some country we are free cause we are not in a dictatur. Equality is the less respect part of the motto cause there is a lot of inequality. Inequality about men and women for the salary, about the housework. there is inquality for many subject but we are supposed to be equal against the law.
For the fraternity i think we are all one against some problem but for others we are all split.

GUEDES Anthony

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Coffier Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:28 pm

this motto was true at the time of General de Gaulle. Today these words don't represent anything. We are not free because of the laws, we are not equality because of racial differentiations and we aren't fraternity because France has never been so divided by politics, and the French. I love France but I don't like French.
Paul Coffier
Paul Coffier

Back to top Go down

Post by GARNIER Alexandre Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:32 pm

Hello John
I think this words symbolise a country of Utopia. It's impossible to enjoy at ever. But, I think today, the gouvernement abuse of citoyen. Concerning the notion of liberty, limiting the retrait money is a violation of life privacy to control all actions of people. Finally, the notion of fraternity it's not applicated in french because I think we lived in a country of individualisme.

GARNIER Alexandre

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Sauvaget Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:24 pm

Freedom, equality, fraternity: this is the motto of our country, France. These 3 words, you can read them on the facades of town halls and schools. But these are not just 3 words. After the attack in Nice on July 14, 2016, this motto reminds us that we are all united, equal and free, regardless of our skin color, our origin or our religion.

Charlotte Sauvaget

Back to top Go down

Group C Discussion topic 2 Empty Group C topic 2

Post by Geoffrey Belon Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:04 pm

Hello sir,

"Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" for me represents the symbol of France. Often called into question, it ends up imposing itself under the Third Republic. It is included in the 1958 constitution and is now part of our national heritage.
Freedom and equality are laid down as a principle in Article 1 of the 1789 Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen, "All human beings are born free and equal in rights".

Geoffrey Belon

Back to top Go down

Post by CONIO Luigi Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:50 pm

Hello john,
To me "Liberty Equality Fraternity" this the base of the French Republic, I think that without this the France is nothing. This three words represent the country. In France there are often act of racism or discrimination, I think that in France a lot of person don't respect the symbole of Republic; This unrespect is really bad for the image of our country in the world.

CONIO Luigi

Back to top Go down

Post by Renouard Mélys Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:13 pm

Hello John,
"Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" is the motto of France since 1848. These 3 words are symbolic to France and have evolved a lot since those years. However everything is relative, everyone today is not equal but it has evolved a lot thanks to people who fought against it like for example Simone Veil who fought against the descrimination of women in France. There are people much richer than others, is it possible to have a country where everyone is equal? I don't think so.

Renouard Mélys

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Sourbé Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:16 pm

Helle John,
For me the motto Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité does not reflect France because today there is a form of insecurity, especially with attacks that are caused by terrorists. France is still a free country since we live in a democracy. The word liberty somehow is not right because everyone does not live in the same living conditions, at the breasts of the different social classes of the gaps are always present.

Dylan Sourbé

Back to top Go down

Post by Germes Simon Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:49 pm

Hello John
I think that liberté egalité fraternité doesn't reflect the reality but it's the way of thinking of a lot of people in france and that's what really matters. I think that almost all of people in france think that they are folowing the motto but everybidy doesn't have the same definition of thoose words.

Germes Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaury Babin Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi John,

For me, I think this very important words represents the currency of France. It's three words are symbolic for our country. It's the motto of France since 1848, but today everyone is not equal for a lot of reasons. I don't think it's the reflect of reality, it's an ideal society and this society is a dream for the moment. Finally, I think what is impossible to have in our country a respect to the three words but a lot of questions also racism or social inequalities are still relevant.

Amaury Babin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevin hilson Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:51 pm

Today i am going to talk about the french motto liberté égalité fraternité. I think it's à very good reference because french people are free. Nevertheless, everybody are not equal. People dont from same social class and are not equal. But for the fraternity french people are together against life problem.

kevin hilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagrelle Owen Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:42 pm

It's in fact a very good motto but however is it shows the reality ? Freedom, but what is freedom ? Each people has his vision of freedom. Some people feel free just with they already have so that the gouvernment leave like freedom but some other people they don't feel free because of rules. Then for the equality, we trying to but some inequality persist like the difference between girls and men in the workworld about there pay and that is just one example among others.
To finish, brotherhood is true sometimes and it's more present when a disaster happen, at this moment brotherhood see very well but otherwise we don't see at all the brotherhood in France.
So I think the France motto is more a goal to reach but not again a reality and maybe never even if we trying to strive for.

Chagrelle Owen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules plard Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:15 am

In my opinion, I don't think that the french motto "liberté égalité, fraternité" is representative of the France, we can saw their is great fraudster as Balkany wich is stoling millions euros unpunished and after, you can tke a forfeit cause you're 3 mph speeding that's unfaire.
Their is some rich people who live in the opulence, and next to them their is poor people who are starving, unbrotherly.
their is some people who are beating during a demonstration wich is a violation of one of the liberty right.

Jules plard

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeva Faverjon Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:14 pm

The motto doesn’t really reflect good the France. Because everybody isn’t all equal as the salary between the women and the men. The France maybe united as with the football World Cup but with other events as the limitation to 80km/h. I think that the France can better reflect the motto.

Maeva Faverjon

Back to top Go down

Post by mperez11 Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:56 pm

the motto of France is a framework that limits the bazaar.
neamoins liverer is not really usable. Indeed we are every day confronting rules and rules like the interior regulations but also the code of the road. The defined currency dinc a frames but not life

mperez11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:20 pm

mperez11 wrote:the motto of France is a framework that limits the bazaar.
neamoins liverer is not really usable. Indeed we are every day confronting rules and rules like the interior regulations but also the code of the road. The defined currency dinc a frames but not life

Matt, is this a google translation? I can't understand it. No
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group C Discussion topic 2 Empty liberty equality fraternity

Post by Corentin Donnou Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:03 pm

Hey Jon ,
I'm a little late on this topic but like say the phrase '' better late than never ''
The motto of France is freedom equality and fraternity, these three words define our country, they are paramount indeed freedom is to be able to do everything that does not harm others, it's really important, equality means that the law is for all without distinction, and to end brotherhood, it is not a right but a duty to be a citizen and to do to others the good you would like to receive.
Corentin Donnou
Corentin Donnou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down