Serie: Limitless

Go down

Serie: Limitless

Post by Caroline Lemoigne on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:25 pm

Season 1 - Episode 1

Hi everyone, i'm actually starting a new serie call Limitless.

What I can tell you about the story in the first episode (no real spoils only logical deductions that you can find yourself):
All start with a normal guy call Brian Finch, who formed an unsuccessful band. But finally, the group disappear, and Brian is the only one to stay. The years go, his situation is still the same: a failed musician. One day, during a family diner his father collapse, he is sick, but the doctors don’t know what the disease is.

One day Brian met a childhood friend, who was part of the band, Eli, who is now a banker. He saw that Brian goes through difficult time. In order to help him Eli offered him a pill call NZT. This drug allows the person who takes it to push the boundaries of its intellectuals and physicals capacities. It means that after taking this pill you become the smartest person in the world for the next 12 hours. Interesting rights?

(Logicial deduction): Thanks to this pill Brian reached to find the origin of his father’s disease and saved his life. To get more NZT Brian goes to Eli’s flat but he discovers something...  affraid   
The FBI enter in the story.

What did Brian discrover ? What will happen with the FBI?
Will Brian suffer of the side effects of the NZT, like all drugs ? What do we know about NZT ?

If you want to know let’s watch the first episode !  Wink

My impression:
This serie is interesting because it shows that we are not using all our capacities. The scenario is similar to the movie call Lucy (2014, with Scarlett Johansson) which explains that human only use 10% of their brain’s capacity!  Shocked  In this movie Lucy will try to achieve the 100% utilization of her brain’s abilities.
This hypothesis is really incredible!

I can’t wait to see what Brian will accomplish with the NZT and to know more about the NZT’s origins.
See you next time,

Caroline Lemoigne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serie: Limitless

Post by ELISANGELA on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:45 pm

Hey CarolAine !

I found the theme really interesting and I have already watched a movie with the same subject. I tried to watch this series but the performance of the actors are not so good so I got tired and gave up Sad

ELISANGELA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:24 pm

Hello Eli!

I also watched a movie on the same subject call Lucy, as i said, and i really like it so i was happy to discover a serie on this.

Oh really ? I only watched the first episode so i can't judge this criteria yet... I hope not to be disappointed about the following of the series.    Crying or Very sad

Caroline Lemoigne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Hi guys,

What I can tell you about the story since last time:
Brian has the impression to be 2 different person: the Brian under NZT and the ordinary Brian. He gets the feeling to be useless when he is not under NZT and that people prefer the Brian under NZT.
In fact, his intellectuals’ capacities under NZT are not more develop but he has access to more memories, more information and thanks to that he can makes easier logical connections. But he remains the same person with the same character either he is under NZT or not!
I think it’s even more difficult for him to find his place because he is manipulated by the person who provided him the NZT. He must therefore obey this person’s orders if he doesn’t want to risk the life of his loved ones and especially his father. He realizes that his own life doesn’t belong to him anymore and that he becomes an object of possession. A pretty horrible situation!...

I thought that if Brian wasn’t restricted to a pill a day by the FBI, he would stay under NZT all the time. Why should he restrain himself while a "new" world would be easily accessible? Of course, in this case it’s different because first of all it’s a series and secondly because Brian is rather altruistic unlike other people who would act totally differently in the real life. It could even be worse in real life if people were under NZT, can you imagine? I do not prefer!  Laughing

Bye

Caroline Lemoigne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Good evening everyone,

I continue to watch my series despite some incoherent points (even if there are always some in all the series) and some bad acting sometimes (Hello Eli if you pass here ahah)

Throughout the episodes, we learn more about the drugs that Brian takes, called NZT.
Such as all drugs, NZT has side effects.
At the beginning of the series, Biran had these side effects that look, at first, to those you have when you are drunk ahah. After this episode, Brian had a shot to protect him from these side effects. But after a while, when the effects of this shot begin to stop, the dependence of NZT becomes to appear.

We also discovered that some people were used as human guinea pigs to observe the evolution of side effects of NZT. It's frightening…
These human guinea pig had a short life (maybe 12 months, it depends on the individuals). The worst were the photos: where you can see the person before he took the NZT and after the effects of the NZT on him. This people look like they are 40 years older!!

About side effects, all starts with extreme paranoia, then vision and hearing problems, and also memory loss. All of these things happened to Brian: hearing problems, troubled vision where people were deformed or faceless. Finally, he couldn’t stand on his feet, he was very tired, and his face looked like a zombie face…

What really dirupt me in these episodes were:
- the fact that Brian is under NZT and that he can help someone to create an immortal mouse, but he can’t find the solution to his problem (NZT side effects), humhum..
- the physical effects that the NZT has, it's quite impressive!

Caroline Lemoigne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:24 pm

Hi!

I’ve have some problems with my wifi connection, so I have trouble moving forward into my series…

But what i can tell you about the episode i saw is that a FBI agent gave the authorization to the CIA to remove Brian and to send him on the field, with dangerous criminals. So Brian’s boss, named Naz (Nasreen), became out of control following this kidnaping which happened without her permission and without explanation.
So who is responsible ? And How will the story end for Brian?

It's shocking to see that some people are treated like objects: "Well, I'm borrowing Brian, huh!" and without warning... (it's not funny otherwise)
No, but you have to understand others need Brian's intelligence (thank you NZT), the FBI have to share! ahah

See you at the next episode

Caroline Lemoigne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Hey!

So about the new episode i watched :
Brian’s boss (Naz) is arrested. She would have paid money to a terrorist group. Brian and his colleague Rebecca are convinced that Naz is innocent. They will do everything to bring Naz back. Then it becomes a question of ransom with Malaysians seas pirates, who are holding a member of Naz’s family in hostage, and low-blow in the FBI headquarters (in Washington).  

What is rather cool is that with the NZT Brian can speak and understand all the languages! So in this episode he spoke Malaysian.
Oh ! And at a moment a guy spoke English with an Indian accent! Indians roll the "r" and it looks like they speak with their nose, it's funny!

Caroline Lemoigne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:28 pm

Hello,

The series moves slowly ... Each episode is independent: for each episode there is a new crime. So no real link between the episodes. The only link is the relationship between the characters themselves.

So about another episode:
A deal is made between Brian and the FBI: if Brian arrests the top 10 most wanted criminals in the country, he will have his own office and could choose his investigations.

I found it disappointing that this mission only takes place on one episode, I think there was the possibility to develop it more. They treated this as if they were vulgar criminals while we talked about the top 10 most wanted criminals of the USA (fiction) !

Also, the relationship between Brian and his father become complicated. Brian always told him the truth, whatever his problems, he never lied to his father. Will Brian continue to lie to protect him or will he tell him the truth to restore the relationship with his father ?

Caroline Lemoigne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne on Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi!

So I watched a new episode which was about technologies. But not technologies you think at first sight like phone or computer but futuristic technologies. In this episode, it is question of robotic arms and a murder. A man with a robotic prothesis would have killed his wife. In parallel, other accidents happens with people who also have robotic prothesis: road accident, destruction of artwork etc. All these people plead innocent, that it would be the fault of their robotic arm. Is the man innocent ? How could anyone have hacked all those robotic arms ?

This episode showed that technology can be useful for people who need it. There was also a back pack that allowed to run at the speed of a jaguar, well there I didn’t really see the utility; It seems rather dangerous… But it also shows us the limits of technology: hackage… And it can be quiet frightening sometimes!..

Caroline Lemoigne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne on Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Hello,

About episode 11 : Thieves attacked the dispensary which delivers NZT to the FBI and stole, without knowing, these precious pills.
The Swat (Rebecca’s companion is part of this unit) quickly took control of the situation and brings back the pills. But it is still missing 80 pills. Four Swat agents decided to test the power of this drug for one night, until a murder occurs…

The next episode was about an asssassination: someone tried to kill Senator Morra. Brian receives orders, from those who provide him the NZT, to not find the killer when the case will be under the control of the FBI.
Rebecca begins to have doubts about the senator and begins to investigate on him.
The NZT improve intellectual performance but also improve physical skills. The shooter was really far from his target. As a point that the shoot beat the record assigned to a lambda person. So i think you guess that the shooter was not a lambda person ^^

Caroline Lemoigne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:20 pm

Hello,

A little reminder about the caracters of the series Limitless:
- Brian Finch : main caracter
- Rebecca harris & Spellman Boile : FBI colleagues
- Naz : Brian’s boss
- Mike & Ike (not their real names): Brian’s bodyguards
- Familiy (mother, father, sister)
- Eddie Morra : Senator
- Jarod Sands : Senator Morra’s hand man

So about the next episodes:
One crime. One innocent in jail. We discovered that his mind has been tampered and (kind of) reset in order to accused him for the crimes committed by someone else. Therefore, he was convinced that he had killed these people. This “allowed” him to pass through the lie detector and to go to jail.
Rebecca is still conducting her own investigation on Senator Morra, following his assassination attempt. A clue will give her reason to continue her investigation.

The next one was about stolen memories (Yes, you read correctly aha).
In this episode, Brian investigates on a brilliant engineer'murder who has developed an experimental project of digital reproduction of human consciousness (maybe our future, who knows?).

Caroline Lemoigne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down