discussion topic 1

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

discussion topic 1

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:30 pm

So you've chosen to talk about hobbies for your first subject - it's a very large subject so hopefully you can write something interesting for me to read. It's a homework activity and should be finished before next Monday's class.

Enjoy.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion topic 1

Post by Cloé on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:37 am

First of all, hobbi(es) is an activity pursued in spare time for pleasure or relaxation. In a life, there are numerous leisure activities which allow some blooming and the enjoyment. I think is very important to have this. Personally, I have, like most of people, some leisure activities which allow me to release myself and to have fun. I practice Beach-Volleyball and i love it so much !! When i play, my head is deconnected, i laught with my friends and im very concentrate on the match. I love also dancing. Especially the contemporary dance because she allows to free her body and her spirit in an artistic frame with numerous movements the fast middle but especially to exaggerate. The contemporary dance highlights so many expressions and beauty. I think is also important to class his friends like a hobbi. Come to watch his friends is a real personal and shared pleasure because with them, we can do anything stupid and funny…and that, is the most important in a group of friend or in a frendly relation.
Well, it does not a lot but it are the most importants for me. 

Cloé

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:19 pm

Thanks for starting the discussion Cloe.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rouil Médéric on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:54 am

Hobbies take an important place in my life because i want to do what i love. My biggest passion is football given a lot of my free time. I practice football in a regional and national level, i éducate and train the young people of my club. But football is not all my life, i like take time with my family and my friends. I appreciate go on vacation with people i love in France and also i would like to discover a little better my two favorite countries Spain and Italy beacuse i like the spanish and italian culture. So my hobbies are football, travel and take good time with my family and my friends.

Rouil Médéric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Seugnet on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:12 pm

I think that begin by : my Hobbies are… is a basic thing, so I’m going to do something original. My Hobbies are : Football, badminton, volley-ball and draw. I like sport as a whole, but the drawing it’s different, I don’t like to draw everything and anything. I draw essentially disney characters like the beauty and the beast or mickey. If I do all these sports today, It’s thanks to my parents because when I was fourteen years old I got hurt at my leg and if they had not done the necessary to me, I can’t do sport today. Another hobby is to spend time with my family I love them. Like I have to do hundred words, I have to stop here.

Last edited by Hugo Seugnet on Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hugo Seugnet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:18 pm

Hugo Seugnet wrote:I think that begin by : my Hobbies are… is a basic thing, so I’m going to do something original. My Hobbies are : Football, badminton, volley-ball and draw. I like sport as a whole, but the drawing it’s different, I don’t like to draw everything and everything. I draw essentially disney characters like the beauty and the beast or mickey. If I do all these sports today, It’s thanks to my parents because when I was fourteen years old I got hurt at my leg and if they had not done the necessary to me, I can’t do sport today. Another hobby is to spend time with my family I love them. Like I have to do hundred words, I have to stop here.

Laughing

You can do more if you wish.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Goichon on Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:40 pm

I have a behavior rather dynamic so my hobbies are something which help to channel me. They are also linked to my desire to have an extremely open mind & my school life. Therefore, I enjoy listening music (all styles), singing, dancing, drawing, reading and philosophize because I would like to be able to speak about everything. Finally my main hobbies are sport and learn Chinese.
Why sport ? Simply because since I was a child, I was always fascinated by the human body in full physical effort. How someone can exceed there limits ? How we arrived to think about nothing and be in the present moment, when we are doing sport.
Then, learning Chinese. You have to know that when I was to the college, my first year was terrible for me because I couldn’t get me integrate into my class (they were to much focused on what you’re wearing , you know what I mean). Moreover, I saw that I wasn’t ready to go in a scientific way, leaving my hope to work in sport domain behind me. So I was interested in Chinese and it’s becomes to me rapidly, more than a ratio point for me, it’s becomes a hobbies, a passion. I think that, I like the Chinese language because this is exoticism, the culture, the way they have to write words, the history they have behind them and maybe my facility to learn easily this language help too.

To conclude, when I had my literary exam, I have to chose between doing a Chinese-English university or to go in a sport university. You know my choice ahah… I hope that we can make our hobbies, our work and hat I haven’t made any mistake because it’s was really hard choice.

Emma Goichon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TIRET Cédric on Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:23 pm

For me hobbies are a possibility to take pleasure but everybody haven’t the same hobbies. For example my hobbies are football and hunting because when I do these activities, I am in “an other world” because I like that but many people hate hunting and football. When you have a hobby you live in according to it, for example I love football and all week-end I coach a younger team of football and I play all Saturday night. This is what I think about hobbies.

TIRET Cédric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason-dmt on Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:26 pm

Hello Sir,

First, I’ve got several activities i appreciate very much, such as Judo, Watching Movies, or cooking.
However, they aren't hobbies in my mind, since they are passions i’m use to do, unlike playing guitar and mainly drawing.
Indeed, i need time and a specific condition, cause learn an artist's composition like create one himself ask research and especially patience.
That's why i consider them as hobbies, cause we need to be perfectly relaxed and focus on our work.
It's only a peace moment, somewhere to rediscover ourself and where all your imagination and your abilities are at work.

I’ve been drawing since i’ve seven years old, many working years have allowed me to create and extend my way of drawing.
When i hold a pencil, i’m use to see things differently and i wish always more, by the way, i hope create my own draw animation.
This is the same thing with my guitar, each songs i’m listening and playing give me many reasons to not follow movement but create myself, my own maners to do.

Thancks, Jason.

Jason-dmt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GAILLARD Marin on Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:38 pm

Hello everybody, my name is Marin and i've stopped drink alcohol since.... Oh wrong website!
So, my hobbies are numerous like all of us. The first to me is sports activity (it's logic i wont be here otherwise) and i practice them around 6 days a week. I do it solo, with friends and with my familly, depending to my moods.
My second hobbies is spending time with my friends. Probably the first thing i'm doing when i go back de La Rochelle.
The third is fashion, not for a long time, maybe 1 or 2 years, but it's a real discovery to me. You can really feel better wearing clothes that i like. And appearance is the first impression that is given, so it's better take care of it.
Good reading

GAILLARD Marin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Topic on Hobbies

Post by LucasWDM on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:34 pm

Hi everyone,
So we have to talk about hobbies..looks like most of the people have google translate for hobby !(jokes apart) I do not like this word, it doesn't sound like something we do really have interest for. I rather use and have "passions" or may be activities. Hobbies, are something usual, but doesn't it feel better discovering new things as much as possible (if u know what i mean girls)
The only good thing about this word ; it reminds me a very short guy chasing a cool gold ring. (If u've unerstand the reference we now can be friends)

LucasWDM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:40 pm

precious!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent CHOLLET on Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:33 pm

The hobbies is the activity that one does in one's free time. For me recreation and a way of decompressing to think about something else, not thinking about work. My favorite sports are badminton, athletics and mountain biking, but my favorite sport is football where I play FC Fontcouverte in regional division. I practice football for the competition but also for fun to play with my friends. My other hobbies are drawing, but not drawing comic characters but graffiti. My last passion is the hunt I practice with my family. It's not hunting shooting but hunting at court where I make many competitions at the departmental, regional and national levels.

Vincent CHOLLET

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Poitou Baptiste on Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:50 pm

I dosn't have a lot of hobbies because the last 3 years I spend my time at school and sport because I was in sport section.
So my free time was used to perfecttion my sport practices and do my homwork, thats why i lost some hobbies.
But when I can have spare time i like playing various videogames particularly those where I can face the others players because I like show that I'am the best.
One of my most big hobbys is the practicing of judo, per week I can paractise  enter 4 and 10 hours without tournament.
Somtimes during my leisure time at home (contryside) i like take my bike and ride around my home.

Poitou Baptiste

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Raveraud on Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:35 pm

So because everybody is talking about sports here i'm going to talk about music because one of my favourite hobbies is playing drums.
I started playing drums at the age of eight years old (a long time ago). A now I should practise drums every weeks because I've join a Rock Band. We are practising together every two or three weeks with the intention of doing concerts in 2019. We are most of all playing famous rock music like Black Sabbath, Green Day,The Cranberies,etc...
The groupe is composed of one singer, one guitarist,one bass player and me as the drummer.

Nathan Raveraud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lucas dollo on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:08 pm

Hi everybody ! this week , we must talk of hobbies . I think it’s very important to have hobbies in the life because this allows to do other things than the work .But this hobbie can become a work if we succeed at realized our dream . personally my hobbies are the basketball , i play in club since 2004 and i can’t stop this sport . i like also listen rap especially french rap, sometimes , i whrite text … in french of course . make evening is also an hobbie especially for alcohol…

lucas dollo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

hobbies

Post by emma bony on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:21 pm

My hobbies
First of all, I have a lot of activities that I like doing.
For example I practice athletics in club and train every Friday night. When I haven't a broken foot I play football in my club of Pons in Charente Maritime.
I love drawing and creating with my hands. I love the "do it yourseilf" ( DIY).
I enjoy taking care of animals and I have adopted many animals dog, cat, rabbit, chickens...
I like taking care for childrens who went to school where I worked last year.
I like doing a little jog on Sunday morning to keep fit.
I like watching tv and cultural shows too like the best baker (patissier), or the love is in the meadow.
The week end i like doing shopping with my family.
I travel one time by year during the summer holidays, I visit a news places, a differents monuments and I discove new people with a another cultur.
I like organising a little evening party for my relatives.

emma bony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian FLANNERY on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Top of the morning to y'a lads (Hello if you prefer)!My hobbies(I will call them "activities" for the rest of my post) are very diverse going from simply sleeping to flying a glider!  My main activities (I would say "passions" but Lucas already said that Rolling Eyes  ) are mostly sports like rowing, Muay Thaï, running and going to the gym. I have been a rower for over three years now and even though it is a very boring sport, I still enjoy going out there on the Charente! I have been boxing for close to two years now, I really enjoy sparring with people who are better than me to learn more. I run on my own time to prepare for races like  Spartan races and other obstacle races. Going to the gym is probably my most time-consuming activity because I go there up to 5 times per week so that I can eat what I want! Outside of sports, I fly gliders. I started flying when I was 14 and I've been flying solo since I was 15. I started doing aerobatic gliding at the age of 17 and even got to do an air-show in Saintes! It is by far my favorite activity because you get to disconnect yourself from the outside-world and relax in complete silence. afro

Christian FLANNERY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BIRAGHI Ugo on Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:41 pm

In my life, I have many hobbies. Football is my first hobbie because it is my passion. Since my 6 years, I play football and for 3 years I trained the youngs. I play football in the club and my club is a level regional. I have others hobbies like play video games to play with my friends. Then, I like spend time with my friends and my family or do others activities and others sport for relaxing. To conclude, I like spend goods moments with my family or travelling to discover others people, countries, landscapes,…

BIRAGHI Ugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Daunas on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Hi sir,
For me, the definition of "hobbies" can be different between people. Some will tel you that is the activity you practice in club, and others will tel you that is something more simple to help you to pass the time. It can be the sport (in competition or not), but also a more simple thing like drawing or make music for example.
My own definition is a mix of these two. I think we can all "hobby" something that we decide to do during free time. From the moment we do something that is not imposed on us, we can call it an hobby. My main hobbies/activities are sport in general but especially run few kilometers when i can, also play football (i stopped football in competitions on this year, i did it since 2004), basketball etc with my friends. Moreover i play videos games, watch TV, listen music or other things like everyone.
All these little things are the ones that make me forget the pretty boring things of life for a moment.

Thanks for reading. Very Happy

Hugo Daunas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribault Geoffrey on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi sir,

Just like my father and my grand-father, I inherited this passion for Artic expeditions. It allows to isolate yourself and break the daily life for several weeks. Indeed, we leave France with the bare-necessities that is a tent, some food (because we fish a lot), and some cleaners... This is unique because we are far from civilization for many weeks and we can admire the fauna and the landscapes peacefully. We observe wolves, eagles, bears, whales... but also full of glaicers and primary forests. To move, we use canoes which allow us to camp on islands that are less dangerous for animals.

Ribault Geoffrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:31 pm

Ribault Geoffrey wrote:Hi sir,

Just like my father and my grand-father, I inherited this passion for Artic expeditions. It allows to isolate yourself and break the daily life for several weeks. Indeed, we leave France with the bare-necessities that is a tent, some food (because we fish a lot), and some cleaners... This is unique because we are far from civilization for many weeks and we can admire the fauna and the landscapes peacefully. We observe wolves, eagles, bears, whales... but also full of glaicers and primary forests. To move, we use canoes which allow us to camp on islands that are less dangerous for animals.

Excellent.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hobbies

Post by Joris on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi Everybody ! Very Happy

To start off, I would like to talk about my hobbies. Indeed I have several activities that I love to do during a typical week of class or even during the holidays.
Firstly, number one passion is sports. I play Handball (3 years) and Basket-ball (10 years Basketball ), two times a week each one. I am also a coach in Basket-ball for children between 3 and 13 years, 5 times a week. In the past I played Tennis, Golf, Judo, Fencing,…
Moreover I have been playing music for 10 years, first I learnt to play guitar and then the piano, I also had a band with friends in high school. We have done about ten concert in the two last years.
Furthermore I really like to travel around the world during the holidays with my family to discover different countries, cultures,… I already had the chance to travel sometimes and I have visited several countries like Tunisia, Morocco, Europeans countries, Mauritius, Guadeloupe, Martinique, the West and East coasts of the United States of America,…

Finally, to sum up, Sport, Music and traveling are my favorite hobbies.

Thanks for your reading !

Joris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noemie michenot on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:51 pm

I’ve got many hobbies, first, sport occupies a big part of my life. Indeed, I practice volley ball for 11 years. Then I’ve got a passion for fashion, I could go shoping all of the time.
Moreover, I like films and series so I watch a lot of differents types of series like fantastics or dramatics series.
Finally, I enjoy cooking, particulary cakes because I’m greedy and I love making people happy.

noemie michenot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My Hobbies

Post by Luc VOLPI on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:13 pm

Hi everyone! Very Happy

To start, my biggest hobby is the motorcycle, I practice since I spend my license AM (50 cc) at 14 years, it's a real passion that offers me unequaled sensations, I love the speed (with some limit of course!Wink ) and the feeling of freedom that this activity provides, if you're angry, tired, annoyed, hop! Climb on your mount and go empty your head!
I can not wait to get the big cube (A2) license to sell my old bike to finally buy the bike of my dreams!
Besides, I intend to make my passion later a job by working in the police in a biker brigade.

If not I practice boxing, a sport that I discovered thanks to a childhood friend who gave me the taste of the fight, but contrary to what one can think, the boxing is a noble sport which praises the respect for his opponent.
I do a lot with my friends when I have the opportunity.

My mother gave me a taste for drawing when I was young, since I never stopped.

Thank you for reading! Bye! Smile Smile

Luc VOLPI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next