The handmaid's tale

Post by Marina Di Cocco on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:54 pm

I've never seen this series before so I'm gonna try
Marina Di Cocco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The handmaid's tale

Post by Marina Di Cocco on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:18 pm

So, this serie is a little weird. At the beginning we don't understand anything. We saw a woman with her baby and some men catch them. After we saw her as servant.
It's in a near future, the majority of women are sterile because of industries and pollution. So a new government decide to catch the woman who can have children and to train them to be the servent of the family who have power. Here, we follow the "new life" of Defred, it's not her real name, they call the servant with "De" and the name of the man of her family. So Defred is the servant of Fred Waterford and his wife. The role of Defred is to do a baby with Fred, and to gi away (I guess). We saw her when all begins and the tortures that they give to the servants to be obedient.
Marina Di Cocco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne on Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:28 pm

Hello Marina,

I watched this series some months ago and i was rather surprised/shocked (i don't really know aha) by the subject.
The fact that it is a mix between our present times and years before (where women had few rights and where religion was very present). Because I had never imagined a mix of our current lifestyle and the one before somehow.
But above all the fact that women still fertile must procreate by force to repopulate the country ...  Shocked

Wait for the continuation you are not at the end of your surprises!  Laughing

The series is based on a book, did you read it?

Caroline Lemoigne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Di Cocco on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi Caroline ! Yes I don't know yet if I'm surprised or shocked ahah You totally right, this mix is surprising. But that is weird is that it's something that could happen, with the pollution for exemple. I'm going to continue tonight and during the "holidays" but i love the subject ! Did you see the season 2 ?
No i didn't know that it came from a book but I think I'm going to buy it, do you ?
Marina Di Cocco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Di Cocco on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:31 pm

So, we discover a little bit more about the beggining of this curious new world. A crazy government took place and a new law. One day, all the women was fired, they can't had access to their account and the nightmare began.
in the "present" of the serie, we learn that deglen, a friend of Defred is lesbian and she's arrested with her girlfriend. Deglen is fertil so she don't have a punition but her girlfriend is killed.
Madame Waterford thinks that Defred is pregnant so she is nice with her but Defred is not pregnant so she is punished.
See you next episode
Marina Di Cocco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne on Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:26 pm

Hey Marina !

I reply a little bit late sorry --"

I find it interesting that current series are based on recent events or events that could happen. It makes us think.
The subject is interesting and I find that the suspense of the series is rather good.
I don't think I watched the Season 2 Question
I didn't read the book but my mother did but she found it slow and with little action study

Caroline Lemoigne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down