Series en bref

Go down

Series en bref

Post by Manon Saroul on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:22 am

Hello again to all !
It's me ... again !

But I'm coming back with a new series because like I said last week, I didn't want to continue my last series because I wasn't addicted to it !
So, I've choose another one. It's an original series of Netflix. It's documentary about many different subjects.
And the first one for me was about water. It was really interesting and a good learning for me. It's about the problem of the water now with the explosion of consumption in front of global warming and ecological problem.
And, to be honest, i was shocked at certain numbers : one tee-shirt need 2500 litres of water ... What ?
A simple hamburger need more than 1600 litres of water ...
So, how to fix that ?
How to ensure the preservation of Water in the world ?
A hard question, but definitely necessary and urgent.
Like i could see in this series, people have good idea to help the preservation with, for exemple, Day zero during which people have just some bottle of water to use and haven't to use the water of their homes. It's really efficient in Cape Town so ... Why not in France and all around the world ?

I advice you to watch this episode, it's really important to become aware of things !

Manon Saroul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Series en bref

Post by Amelie Trarieux on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:35 am

Hello Manon!
What a great choice! I've watched a few episodes of this serie this summer and it's really interesting. It makes you want to know more about things and give you a lot of basic knowledge on different subjects that I wouldn't have known otherwise!
Amelie Trarieux

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Saroul on Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi Amelie ! I totally agree with you, it's a very interesting series !

Manon Saroul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Saroul on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:35 am

Hi, how are you today ? Smile

I'm glad to come back with another episode of this great series ! And today it's about the interesting subject : Astrology !
Personally, i think to haven't a strong faith to this type of thing ... But i'm really interesting about it and i've read a lot of astrology part in magazine, internet etc. I like to discover the complete description about my sign, i don't know why.
This episode was full of discoveries for me ! Indeed, normally now, there must be 13 signs because the tilting of the sun. Astrology seems to has some placebo effect and sometimes it seems to be very good for people to believe astrological forecast. I also learn in this episode that there is an effect named Barnum that it's that everyone see themselves any horoscope pretend to them event if it's not for their sign etc.
And, to conclude, American people are less religion but more spiritual than ever.

I'm looking forward to coming back with a new episode !

See you !

Manon Saroul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Saroul on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:04 pm

Good evening all Smile

Today, i'm coming back with a really interesting episode about the big societal question ... Why women are paid less ?
At the beginning of this episode, I saw surprising number :
In Poland, for the same work, women win 91 cents during men win 1 dollar. Same thing in South Korea but more extreme : 65 cents versus 1 dollar ! Uplifting !
Like woman said in this episode we earn less money but we haven't "woman discount" in store ! We hear a lot "equal pay for equal work" but the discrimination still exist.
Some country have succeed to reduce the pay gap between men and women. So it's seems to be possible and with certain law, like possibility for father to take maternity leave, we have hope in the future about the real equality.

I suggest you all to see this episode and to realize that even if gap is less present, there is always inequality between men and women !

Have a good weekend,

And like we say in New Zealand : Cheers !

Manon Saroul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Saroul on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:14 pm

Good afternoon every body ! I hope that you're all well !

I'm coming back with a new episode of my serie !

And today it's about ... Tattoos !

In the past, in China tattoos are banned from television !
Tattoos are also often banned from public pools and spas.
And, then, you have to remove your tattoos if you want to join the army.
Tattoos are a very old thing ! We've found mummies wearing it onto their skin.
To tattoo, first tools were basics like thorns or pieces of bone.
Before it was a sign of spiritual community, of a tribe etc.
It was about geographic symbols inspired by environment; that can be landmark.
Tattoos were often a mark of your place into community.
Tattoos were a criminal punishment in Japan for centuries on the arms or face ; penal tattooing did out by the end of the 17th century.
Tattoos were significant markers in gang and biker culture for exemple !
Since 70th tattoos become less taboo; MTV shown with a lot of tattooed persons on the TV.
Some people regret their tattoos and what to erase it ! Tattoos removing is a big industry in growing.
Tattoos can boost self image and most of people don't regret it; it's an act of self-creation.

So i you want a tattoo, just think carefully, it won't go to the shower !

See youuuuuuuu ! Smile

Manon Saroul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Saroul on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:20 am

Hi everybody ! I hope that you've enjoyed your pretty short holidays ! bounce

Today, my serie talk about a very interesting subject : Cannabis !
Foremost, I've learned a lot of thing in this documentary, i'm very surprised !
The subject is treated in an original way !
I will give you some points that interested me !
Firstly, the number of Marijuana confiscation is more than 3 times higher than in the mid'90s.
Secondly, cannabis grows smaller and faster and offerings all different kinds of flavors and highs.
It's now an unregulated product with rapidly genetics changing ... So, a lot of people don't know what they really buying.
Of course, you know that drugs creates war sometimes.
And you know that there are a lot of debates for the legalization.
But, do you know that you can't know what you're smoking ? And than even the dealer don't really know what he sells?

There is a lot of information in this documentary ! I suggest you to watch this one !

If you want to discuss this topic together, don't hesitate, and if it really interests you I could concentrate on this topic during my presentation !

Have a good day all !

Cheers Very Happy

Manon Saroul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Saroul on Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi hi hi hi hi again !

Today i'm coming back with the subject of the weight ! And what an interesting subject !
By the way, i think that it can be a great subject for the next courses ! (vision of the weight in France for example)
Firstly, know that more than 50% of the variation between people and his heavy they are is due to their genetics ... makes you think !
Thinness is a big, big, big marketing argument ... And it's very efficient !
It's a huge market with a lot of money !
Just have a look to the magazine covers maybe 2 months before summer ... Try to find just one magazine without the world "diet" "loose" "weight" "body" and all others.
A lot of diet aren't effective and sometimes, when you stop it, you take even more pounds !
This episode is very interesting and show us that a lot of famous diet are just boolshit !

So, be kind with you and your body !

Manon Saroul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:02 pm

You need to suggest some of these topics for our weekly discussion. They do sound very interesting.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Saroul on Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:51 am

I won't miss it ! bounce

Manon Saroul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content