UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group C Discussion 4

+17
kevin hilson
Germes Simon
Dylan Sourbé
Corentin Donnou
cbaill09
Amaury Babin
GARNIER Alexandre
Jules plard
Maeva Faverjon
Aurelien Lavauzelle
CONIO Luigi
Paul Coffier
Léa Barraud
Renouard Mélys
Chagrelle Owen
Carteron Claire
Admin
21 posters

Go down

Group C Discussion 4 Empty Group C Discussion 4

Post by Admin Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:26 am

This week's discussion is on Global Warming. Many countries in the world including France accept that Global warming is a serious problem but are they doing more than talking about the subject? Is saving the planet more important than personal wealth (money) and good living conditions today? What are you doing / not doing to stop global warming. If the seas rise and the weather changes how will France cope? Is it the responsibility of the West to help developing countries to not increase global warming? What are you willing to do / give up in order to save the world? Or is it all a scientific lie or inevitable?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group C Discussion 4 Empty Re: Group C Discussion 4

Post by Carteron Claire Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Hy John,
The fight against the global warming should not be the only initiative of the governments and the companies, but also the private individuals. In France, transport are at the origin of a third of the total consumption of energy. They are also responsible on one hand important of the air pollution.
The power production is strongly broadcasting of greenhouse gas, responsible for the global warming: a good insulation contributes to fight against the global warming.
Of more The water consumption can be reduced to the everyday life by closing faucets between two uses. The purge of the water requires the use of energy, and thus is responsible indirectly for production of greenhouse gas.

Carteron Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagrelle Owen Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:28 am

The global warming is a very big problem today. I think we have the power to reduce it but it's necessary to give itself the ways. This is not only the government even if it's important that begin by them. It's very complicated when I hear that in 2020, the old cars which pollute will banned. It's impossible, everybody has not the money to buy a new car or even an electric car. But we can do something for our planet like make some short path at bycicle or on foot, make some carpool.
Stop to using electricity for nothing or let the light on for nothing.
However some country doesn't want do any effort like USA because Trump doesn't want to stop the progress of is country.
Unfortunately some island will disapear like the France islands and even the coast because of the melting ice and some animals will disapear too like white bears...

Chagrelle Owen

Back to top Go down

Post by Renouard Mélys Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:56 pm

Hello John,
For me the global warning is a real problem today. It's impossible that is a scientif lie because we can se the difference between today and 50years before. The global warning provoked many big natural catastroph who not exist previously. It's the least developed countries like Africa or Asia that suffers the most but they are not the ones who pollute and destroy the planet the most, it's very unfair. If we continue like this the planet will not support us very long. It's the time to take actions but maybe it's too late. The global warning not touh just humans but it's touch also animals, which causes the extinction of certain races that can no live on this land that is too much destroyed by humans, by us.
Some habits are put in place by citizens such as recycling, carpooling ... but there must be change in the world power governments like the United States because it requires an effective and rapid change.

Renouard Mélys

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Barraud Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:25 pm

The Global Warming is a rise of the temperature mean of ocean and of the terestrial atmosphere,  moderate at the world level on several decades, and which translates an increase of the quantity of heat of the earth's surface.
To save the planet is important because if the planet disappear we also disappear. The Global Warming has an impact on the health, on the agriculture, on the nuclear production and on animals. If we do nothing, this consequence do not go to get better and the life will not be more possible on earth. So, for to reduce the Global Warming, we can to travel in bikes or by walking, in place of to take the car.

Léa Barraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Coffier Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:57 am

Hello, global warming is a subject how goes back in the political debates of the moment. However, climate warming isn't new; it was first mentioned as soon as the first nuclear factories were built. Nicolas Ulo, a former member of the ecologist party, left his post because no one was really interested in the subject. I hear a lot of debate about the warming of the planet but I can't distinguish in these discourses of real solution for the future. We now know that a warming of 2 degrees would cause an extenction of certain animal species or insects. But also a crisis because the rising waters for more than 10 million people. At our scale of small citizens we can't change anything to that it is to the giant of the polution to reduce their production is to adopt ecological means.
Paul Coffier
Paul Coffier

Back to top Go down

Post by CONIO Luigi Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Hello John,
global warming is a problem for the earth. To me the politics are not really present on the subject. The theme is not addressed enough I think, this is the future of the earth who is in danger...
If people do not act individually and we continue to accept the pollution and the degradation of the earth, our blue planet run a risk. A lot of people think that this is dangerous but nobody propose a real solution for this problem.

CONIO Luigi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelien Lavauzelle Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:48 pm

Hello John,
Global warming it's subject verry important in politic since last years. He's responsible for melting glaciers and touch countries near on the sea. If the population don't do something in a few years this country will be flooded. For prevent that, we can fallen the polution.

Aurelien Lavauzelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeva Faverjon Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi John,
I think that global warming is very important for we. We have been talking for many years about global warning but the policies do very little for the planet. They try to do things but we see little positive effect. To succeed in keeping our planet, we must try to make the best use of renewable energy. It should also take less cars and more public transport to be less pollute. It would have taken the first warning to act, we have waited too long for the planet to go better.

Maeva Faverjon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules plard Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:21 am

Bonjourno ! global warming is a fu**ing bad thing ! everyone could saw it, everyone know it, but none do something usefull to change it! Big firms don't do nothing to change it, they just want more money, more benefices, and that what is increasing the global warming, that is killing Earth. And the worst thing is peopple who are increasing the global warming know they are doing it, they know it will have consequences, it already have consequences! And that is killing myself.

Jules plard

Back to top Go down

Post by GARNIER Alexandre Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:57 pm

Hello John!
I think the global warming it’s a real problem... We live un the world with a buissnes men no sense of priorities. Nowadays, personal needs before planetary needs. But this life option is only possible in a Utopia. We can not afford this luxury, and we must fight against a big compagnies for the environment, if it is not already too late ....

GARNIER Alexandre

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaury Babin Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:55 pm

Hello Johnny,
For me, I think the global warning provoked many big natural catastroph who not exist previously. We have the power to reduce it, but it's necessary to give itself the ways. This isn't only the government even if it's important that begin by them. My opinion for this subject is to save the planet is important because if the planet disappear we also disappear, and us childrens and littles childrens as well. He has an impact on the health, on the agriculture, on the nuclear productions, on animals and finally on the life.

Amaury Babin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:00 pm

So you all want to save the planet but NONE of you are doing anything.

Sounds good.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cbaill09 Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:13 pm

Hello John,
Global warming is a big problem for the earth! it's true! but it's found in a hot cycle, it's normal for the planet to warm up! These cycles hard approximately 100 years! The global warming is it pure invention because it's a natural variation or the man is him the culprit with his emission of CO2? Answer in 15ans...

cbaill09

Back to top Go down

Group C Discussion 4 Empty global warning

Post by Corentin Donnou Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:46 pm

hey Jon ,
today i will talk about the global warning. The global warming is a current problem in society, yet too many people are neglecting it and do not even believe it with scientific evidence such as rising temperatures, the problem of global warming is affecting the Earth, but more precisely the species. who lives there like the polar bears that are disappearing because of the ice melting.
Corentin Donnou
Corentin Donnou

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Sourbé Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:13 pm

Hello,
The global warming is a topic that is at the heart of the political debate, the man is responsible for this phenomenon which continues to grow from day to day. This warming can remarkably see and feel now since we are in October and the weather is similar to that of summer. We can all reduce the impact of this phenomenon, by a simple gesture like using carpooling to reduce greenhouse gases,turn off the light when leaving a room, reduce water consumption and many other things.

Dylan Sourbé

Back to top Go down

Post by Germes Simon Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi john
For me, global waming is a probleme and we have to take care of it. But i have to admit that i'm not engaged in the cause because i don't have time for that. That's why i try to reduce my pollution as much as i can by making carpooling and don't take my car if i can not.

Germes Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by kevin hilson Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:57 pm

by Dylan Sourbé
Hello,
The global warming is a topic that is at the heart of the political debate, the man is responsible for this phenomenon which continues to grow from day to day. This warming can remarkably see and feel now since we are in October and the weather is similar to that of summer. We can all reduce the impact of this phenomenon, by a simple gesture like using carpooling to reduce greenhouse gases,turn off the light when leaving a room, reduce water consumption and many other things.
It's over bye John

kevin hilson

Back to top Go down

Post by kevin hilson Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:40 pm

Hello,
It's over bye John

kevin hilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Sauvaget Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:08 pm

Consequences of global warming on the ecosystem and the planet

First, an increase in temperatures due to global warming affects the entire global ecosystem and not just the heat that is felt. The weather is disrupted, with an increase in extreme weather events, changes in the usual weather patterns. That means more storms, more floods, more cyclones and droughts.

To know more :

The ecological consequences of global warming on the planet, ecosystems and weather?
Floods and global warming: what links?

The regulating capacity of the oceans is also affected by an increase in temperatures. If global temperatures increase dramatically, ocean levels will increase, but so will oceanic acidification and deoxygenation. But it can also affect forest areas and fragile ecosystems (coral reef, Amazon rainforest) as well as biodiversity (corals, some insects and even mammals may not survive).

Charlotte Sauvaget

Back to top Go down

Group C Discussion 4 Empty Goup C Discussion 4

Post by Geoffrey Belon Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:50 pm

hello sir,
Global warming is a global phenomenon of climate change characterized by a general increase in average temperatures and a lasting change in weather balances and ecosystems. The developing countries in the world, like China, want first to get rich and to become as developed as the great world powers, which also polluted a lot.
I try to pay attention to my electricity consumption even if it is not easy and that we pollute and the car pollutes a lot that's why I carpool. What I could improve in my opinion is the consumption of water, not running the tap or spending less time in the shower.

Geoffrey Belon

Back to top Go down

Post by abocquet Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:13 am

Global warming is real, we are responsible for it, and the consequences are more and more dramatic. The whole world is facing major upheavals that threaten human life.
France was the organizer of COP 21: it is an international summit aimed at taking decisions to limit global warming. Commitments and decisions were made that day. However we can not speak of a great success, the objectives will not be reached. Scientists are sounding the alarm, but the media is not supportive and even speaks of conspiracy theory.
For France, this subject is far from being a priority issue. Already before the attacks of November 13, 2015, they felt that unemployment and terrorism were much more worrying than the climate. Yet, it is already proven that climate change is causing serious problems of security, conflict and economic degradation. This is the source of our living conditions. For my part I'm sensitive enough, but I feel helpless in front of that. I do some small things that everyone should do: reduce my meat consumption, eat only poultry, sort, save energy and water, promote public transit.

abocquet

Back to top Go down

Post by GUEDES Anthony Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:25 am

Today the global warming is a problem for everyone but so much people think that they can’t do nothing, and they don’t do anything for the planet and continue to throw deashes in the nature cause whatever they do all is done. In fact, the global warming is just accelerated by humanity cause earth life is about cycle, warm then cold then warm then cold then… look for first the earth was much hotter than today then there is the ice period and today the earth is about to being much hotter. Most people don’t know about the water transform the CO2 in rock (CaCO3 if I remember well) so when earth will be without ice and recovered by water the most part of CO2 will be transform and the temperature will fall but it’s not normal the temperature change like that.

GUEDES Anthony

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:33 am

Charlotte Sauvaget wrote:Consequences of global warming on the ecosystem and the planet

First, an increase in temperatures due to global warming affects the entire global ecosystem and not just the heat that is felt. The weather is disrupted, with an increase in extreme weather events, changes in the usual weather patterns. That means more storms, more floods, more cyclones and droughts.

To know more :

The ecological consequences of global warming on the planet, ecosystems and weather?
   Floods and global warming: what links?

The regulating capacity of the oceans is also affected by an increase in temperatures. If global temperatures increase dramatically, ocean levels will increase, but so will oceanic acidification and deoxygenation. But it can also affect forest areas and fragile ecosystems (coral reef, Amazon rainforest) as well as biodiversity (corals, some insects and even mammals may not survive).

And the consequences are being felt this week by the people of Aude.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down