UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better Call Saul

3 posters

Go down

Better Call Saul Empty SERIES - Better Call Saul (SPOILER !)

Post by Blong Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:38 pm

Better Call Saul is a spin off of the show Breaking Bad on which you follow the life of Saul Goodman before becoming the lawyer of the very famous chemist and drug dealer Heisenberg. I was watching today the episode 7 of the season 4.

To put you in context, Saul is not the real name of the main character. His real name is Jimmy Mcgill. He just lost his brother who was a lawyer. Jimmy is cunning and he loves adrenaline. He also has a girlfriend who is Kim Wexler and she is a lawyer as well. They were supposed to built a company together. But their relationship is getting worse since Jimmy's brother is dead and Kim chose to work for an other company.

In this episode, you follow the progress of the projects of Gus and Jimmy. So, Jimmy decided to sell prepaid phones to finance his next projet. It's the moment when you see Hector Salamanca becomes sick, Gus Fring, the famous owner of "Los Pollos Hermanos", begins to build the laboratory in where Heisenberg is working in Breaking Bad.

After selling a lot of phones, everything is not going as planned. A policeman comes to tell Jimmy to stop selling these phones to drug dealers and both are yelling at each other. His bodyguard, Huell, didn't know who he was and hit the police officer. He is know waiting for his trial and Jimmy is trying to help him with Kim but they both want to do it in a different way.

Hector Salamanca is in the rehabilitation phase since his cerebrovascular accident. He can not talk and move anymore. He only commnicates by hitting his fingers on a table. Gus is visiting him to know if everything is fine because he needs him to maintain the drug market and to be able to make him suffer because Hector killed his friend when he was younger.

Mike, Gus' employee, is managing the construction of the laboratory but his men are becoming crazy because they are living in a basement since 6 months now and something went wrong. He needs to deal with it and must bring them back to reason.

The episode ends with Kim who's accepting Jimmy's plan.
Blong
Blong

Back to top Go down

Better Call Saul Empty Re: Better Call Saul

Post by ELISANGELA Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:26 pm

Hey, Blong!

I watched this episode yesterday night! I love this show! Saul is the best and so creative. Love him!

Actually, Salamanca had a stroke caused by Nacho, when he changed Salamanca's medicine. I don't remember exactly what Nacho did in the 3rd season, but it was about a deal he hasn't paid, so Salamanca was menacing Nacho's dad.

I just didn't get what Gus caught when he was watching the video of Salamanca's recovery session so he asked to stop the treatment. Did you get that?

Smile

ELISANGELA

Back to top Go down

Post by Blong Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:16 pm

To me, I think Gus wanted to know if Salamanca was still himself. I don't know why but he needs Hector to stay what he was before his accident. I guess it is to make him pay for what he did.
Blong
Blong

Back to top Go down

Better Call Saul Empty Better Call Saul

Post by ELISANGELA Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:53 pm

Well, I just finished the 4th season of the show Better Call Saul. Actually, if you haven't watched "Breaking Bad" you probably will not understand some details which make this series so interesting.

Saul is a crook and smart-ass layer known for helping the "bad guys" in Breaking Bad, and in Better Call Saul, the name of the series and also his slogan as a layer, we can know better his past and how he ended up there.

Since the begin of the first season, the director (same director of Breaking Bad) show some details that link past and future (also both series) and in the 4th season, we can already see the actual "backstage" of everything that happened in Breaking Bad.

Saul actually tried so hard being a good person and an honest layer but the life wasn't so simple and easy for him.

Looking forward to the next season!

ELISANGELA

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:38 am

I know a lot of people who tell me this is a fantastic series. I tried to watch but gave up after 1 or 2 episodes.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ELISANGELA Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:40 am

Have you seen Breaking Bad? I loved it but I had to try too hard to finish the 4th episode and after that, couldn't stop... Better Call Saul is the same but you must see Breaking Bad before Smile

ELISANGELA

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Yeah I watched Breaking Bad and enjoyed it. Perhaps I gave up too early with BCS.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down